Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gamer Girls Guild [[G3]]

Back to Guilds

Here we girls and boys as a family, We game. 

Tags: Girls, Video Games, xbox, playstation, Nintendo 

Reply General Chat etc..
I work at gamestop Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flaresu

Tipsy Trickster

13,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:44 am
Does anyone else here work at gamestop?
If so tell me your experiences. I'd really like to know
Working at gamestop isn't all its cracked up to be...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 pm
Don't have gamestop in Australia but the Australian equivalent would be EB games since I am pretty sure they are owned by Gamestop anyway. But I thought a job there would great or at least good since you are pretty much surrounded by games all the time.  

TekNeTiC
Crew

Beloved Seeker

10,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:44 pm
I've spent hours talking to some of the staff who work in GAME. None have complained about working in a game store. They get to talk to people about games. Get the first info on release dates and pre-order bonuses. One guy even played on the demo Wii U for hours to promote it xd
I imagine it would be an ideal place to work if you're a gamer, but obviously you gotta get the work done xd
Why don't you like it at Gamestop?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:19 pm
I applied, but the manager told me I was over qualified. I wasn't enough of a drone and knew too much about games I guess.
I can't talk to GS workers as it is so I guess it was better this way in the end. I wouldn't want to get into arguments over which DS came first or how best to service an NES or if there was an Earthworm Jim on N64.  

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitty-Goes-Moot

Sparkly Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 am
hey could you snag me a free diancie card if your store still has any? I don't live near any Game Stops, and I would have to take a 3 hour bus trip just to get to one @-@  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 am
Honestly, I only go to a GameStop if my hubby has a coupon. He's signed up with some kind of service through GS where he'll occassionally get $25 bucks off.  

MsMash

Clean Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Flaresu

Tipsy Trickster

13,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:42 am
Kitty-Goes-Moot
hey could you snag me a free diancie card if your store still has any? I don't live near any Game Stops, and I would have to take a 3 hour bus trip just to get to one @-@

I would but it would be useless :c The event ended a couple of days ago. I'll let you know next time we have an event like that <3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 am
Flaresu
Kitty-Goes-Moot

I would but it would be useless :c The event ended a couple of days ago. I'll let you know next time we have an event like that <3

What?! No more Diancie?!?! NOOOOOOOO
*Goes to cry in a corner*  

TekNeTiC
Crew

Beloved Seeker

10,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kitty-Goes-Moot

Sparkly Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:17 am
Flaresu
Kitty-Goes-Moot

oh poo! lol

oh well.

thanks anyway 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:50 am
My best friend works at a gamestop... But that doesn't really count. I work at a walmart. D;  

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

II Himurak II

Profitable Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:39 am
I work at GAME, I would say the job itself is great, but I hear that GAME is ... More of a professional businessy company to work for compared to Gamestop, I hear a lot of bad stories from them, but sometimes it depends on your management.

I do remember reading a blog from a girl who worked in Gamestop for five years, and the sexual harassment treatment she received was horrendous from customers, her colleagues and her bosses. I feel like it still happens at GAME, but it's quite rare. How this girl spoke about it was very chilling. ._.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:32 pm
I worked at one location for season which I loved.... LOVED.... Now, I get sexually harassed by one manager and hes a total jerkface. Some coworkers and I are trying to work together to report him.  

Flaresu

Tipsy Trickster

13,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Flaresu

Tipsy Trickster

13,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 pm
Kitty-Goes-Moot
Flaresu
Kitty-Goes-Moot

oh poo! lol

oh well.

thanks anyway 8D

They are giving away unova starts in pokemon ORAS  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:52 pm
Flaresu
I worked at one location for season which I loved.... LOVED.... Now, I get sexually harassed by one manager and hes a total jerkface. Some coworkers and I are trying to work together to report him.

Yeah, I had a Deputy Manager transfer from another store, but it was only temporary because he was leaving the business after the Christmas season. He kept touching me, tickling me and "accidentally" or jokingly going to touch my boobs. |:

I'd tell him a lot that I don't like being touched and that it makes me feel uncomfortable, when I reported this my previous Store Manager would just say "well he's going in a few months, so I won't terminate his contract, I'll just talk to him" to which the Dep didn't stop being annoying and harassing. I'm 20, this guy was like... 35-40. It was cringing... Some superiors in the world place are just very lame, I'd say it's down to the management allowing this behaviour, not the business itself. You should leap-frog your in-store management and contact Head Office, there will be a special department for you to contact in regards to harassment and they should get an external person to investigate or deal with matters immediately on a professional level, another good thing, the person who's doing the reporting will remain confidential.

Don't let jerks get in the way of your career. :3

II Himurak II

Profitable Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:25 am
Hey there! I'm jumping in on this. My friend told me she was going to apply for Gamestop.

While in line for the interview process, she said that there was a (pretty) girl behind her that you could tell didn't care about games whatsoever and one in front of her (who wasn't ugly but wasn't pretty so she says) that knew SO much about games and the equipment.

The girl behind her eventually told her she hates games and she is only there for money. My friend said she knew nothing about games at all or about the equipment.

My friend got fed up because something had happened and she said good luck to the girl in front of her because she ended up not liking the 'snob' so she called her, behind her, and ended up leaving the interview line.

She said the next time she walked in that she saw the 'snob' working there and said that they clearly only hired her because of her looks...Which...if that really happened...that's pretty janky.. o.o  
General Chat etc..

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff