Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Pendulum Monsters/Summons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 pm
Pendulum Monsters might just break YGO. Do you agree with this?

Check out the page that I linked to you about Pendulum Monsters and tell me if you agree with me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:51 pm
Yugioh's been broken for a long time. Sometime after 2008 is about when it broke itself.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:18 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Yugioh's been broken for a long time. Sometime after 2008 is about when it broke itself.

I disagree with you there. It isn't broken yet, but this is probably what will break it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:27 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

I disagree with you there. It isn't broken yet, but this is probably what will break it.

I played from LOB up until the XYZ monsters. After that I pretty much quit. I had decks that had flawless strategy and the second that I saw my friend play 4 monsters turn one, I knew the game was broken.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

I played from LOB up until the XYZ monsters. After that I pretty much quit. I had decks that had flawless strategy and the second that I saw my friend play 4 monsters turn one, I knew the game was broken.

But that was accomplishable before too. I can think of 2 decks off the top of my head that could do that pre-XYZ release. Six Samurais and Blackwings and I'm sure other decks could do that too back then as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

But that was accomplishable before too. I can think of 2 decks off the top of my head that could do that pre-XYZ release. Six Samurais and Blackwings and I'm sure other decks could do that too back then as well.

Both of which could yes, but let's look before that. What other one could do that minus scapegoat? I was running with mostly current cards at the time and was still having issues keeping up, which says a lot because I'm great with strategy in card games.

The issue with Yugioh is they break it then go "oops well what can we do to fix that?" which they attempt to solve by breaking it in a different way. It's gone on since day one, honestly. You can add new things to a game without breaking it.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:28 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

Both of which could yes, but let's look before that. What other one could do that minus scapegoat? I was running with mostly current cards at the time and was still having issues keeping up, which says a lot because I'm great with strategy in card games.

The issue with Yugioh is they break it then go "oops well what can we do to fix that?" which they attempt to solve by breaking it in a different way. It's gone on since day one, honestly. You can add new things to a game without breaking it.

Zombies, Lightsworns (sometimes), HEROes (sometimes), Machines (since Future Fusion wasn't banned back then), Ojamas, and that is really all I can think of at the moment.

Yeah that is true that they do go overboard with the introductions of new archetypes and fix them next format most of the time with a few exceptions like when Inzektors first came out they didn't touch them until 2 formats after their release and how Dragon Rulers still haven't been banned, but their support was banned so I guess that is good.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

Zombies, Lightsworns (sometimes), HEROes (sometimes), Machines (since Future Fusion wasn't banned back then), Ojamas, and that is really all I can think of at the moment.

Yeah that is true that they do go overboard with the introductions of new archetypes and fix them next format most of the time with a few exceptions like when Inzektors first came out they didn't touch them until 2 formats after their release and how Dragon Rulers still haven't been banned, but their support was banned so I guess that is good.

Yeah even then it still wasn't 4 monsters turn 1 though lol. Maybe turn two, I could see that. And I don't count Ultimate Offering because hardly anyone used that even though it was great.

Yeah I dropped out of Yugioh for Magic. I wanna like yugioh still but there's just something keeping me away from it.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

Yeah even then it still wasn't 4 monsters turn 1 though lol. Maybe turn two, I could see that. And I don't count Ultimate Offering because hardly anyone used that even though it was great.

Yeah I dropped out of Yugioh for Magic. I wanna like yugioh still but there's just something keeping me away from it.

Ah I see. Well you could always play just online. Maybe if it's free, you'll be more inclined to play it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:00 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul

Ah I see. Well you could always play just online. Maybe if it's free, you'll be more inclined to play it.

I'd consider it. How do you obtain cards in the game? And where would I go to play?  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:25 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami

I'd consider it. How do you obtain cards in the game? And where would I go to play?

DuelingNetwork

You don't need to obtain them. You have access to every card that has every been released in both OCG and TCG. In the Rated Duels, you can choose to play either TCG Only or OCG & TCG. In Unrated, you basically would have to specify in a duel note if you wanna do only TCG because it's both in Unrated Duels.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami

DuelingNetwork

You don't need to obtain them. You have access to every card that has every been released in both OCG and TCG. In the Rated Duels, you can choose to play either TCG Only or OCG & TCG. In Unrated, you basically would have to specify in a duel note if you wanna do only TCG because it's both in Unrated Duels.

I'll check it out. Thanks man.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:07 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Kor Saiyajinkami

DuelingNetwork

I'll check it out. Thanks man.

Your welcome.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 pm
No one will play pendulum summoning at first. The mechanic is nice, but it's really slow. first off, you need to set aside cards in your main deck that have synergy with the deck itself to use the mechanic. secondly, you need to set up the scale correctly, and any monster in your hand that isn't in the range of the scale wont get summoned. for example, a scale of 1 and 8 means all monster from level 2 to 7 in your hand will get summoned. not the level 1's or 8's. further more, the pendulum monsters, when removed from the field, go face-up into your extra deck, so you can't even recycle them. finally, to the new rulings we will get which prohibit turn 1 players from drawing for turn, will further slow the mechanic down. There are some decent plays you can do, but it's literally summon everything and have nothing left if it fails. compared to that, soul charge is broken as ********, despite the Life Point loss if it's successful.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:13 pm
You should also take into account the fact that if your pendulum summon gets negated, every single monster that would have been summoned is destroyed and sent off to the grave (this has not 100% been confirmed yet but strongly believed to be so). With the mechanic being limited to once per turn, you're royally hosed at that point.

I also see some people over extending real fast with the ability to drop multiple monsters at once so hand management will be way more important for those decks than others.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff