Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
So my taste buds are dying, how about yours? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have your taste buds changed much these past few years?
  Nope Im still the child I have always been
  Maybe a little, not really though
  Yeah Im noticed some real changes
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 pm
So over the past couple years I have noticed foods I used to really dislike I am now either tolerating (aka can handle or enjoy in small ammounts but not too much) or am really enjoying now.

The biggest one for me the past couple years is olives. I didnt like them as a kid or a teen, and then about a year and a half ago I tried stuffed green olives and they were pretty amazing. I tried plain green and wasnt too in to them still, and blacks I wasnt into. Well fast forward to a week ago and I brought my first jar of green olives...intentionally brought them. something I never would have figured a few years ago. I still arent big on black olives, and green I wouldnt eat them not stop but I actually enjoy them now.

another thing is seafood. Although Im still not big on fish (unless battered and fried, or crumbed if not too strong like john dory), and I have tried some samon recently and it wasnt terrible. But shellfish I never used to like, and now I can eat like 1-5 without too many issues.

how about you guys are your taste buds dying/maturing?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:03 am
Olives and fish. emotion_puke

My mom said I use to eat everything when I was really little. And then I became a picky eater. 2-3 years ago I've actually been trying a lot more things though. So I'm learning to like things I didn't think I would like.

...I still don't know the taste for sweets food that identifies them for being sweet.
I love sweet foods too. /shrugs That might be due to me biting my tongue when I was a baby and getting stitches.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:22 am
I love olives. emotion_drool
They're sososososososo good.

I am NOT a picky eater. Like, by any stretch of the imagination. I'll pretty much try anything twice. The only things I won't really eat is chocolate and sea food.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Olives and fish. emotion_puke

My mom said I use to eat everything when I was really little. And then I became a picky eater. 2-3 years ago I've actually been trying a lot more things though. So I'm learning to like things I didn't think I would like.

...I still don't know the taste for sweets food that identifies them for being sweet.
I love sweet foods too. /shrugs That might be due to me biting my tongue when I was a baby and getting stitches.

XD.

I never was very picky just had a few things that I never really liked. I am a big fan of trying new stuff so I try new stuff quite often, like I love asian food supermarkets (About to go look at one soon).

Hmm yeah actually damage to taste buds will kill them off too XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:10 pm
Citrus Novii

I am NOT a picky eater. Like, by any stretch of the imagination. I'll pretty much try anything twice. The only things I won't really eat is chocolate and sea food.

I tried frogs legs twice...both times they were terrible....dont plan on trying them again for quite a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:08 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I tried frogs legs twice...both times they were terrible....dont plan on trying them again for quite a while.

Frog legs are okay, I had them at a redneck friend's house once.
Of course, they were smothered in like bbq sauce, but they were alright.
PROBS wouldn't eat them again though.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:10 pm
Citrus Novii

Frog legs are okay, I had them at a redneck friend's house once.
Of course, they were smothered in like bbq sauce, but they were alright.
PROBS wouldn't eat them again though.

Ive tried a couple different ways included breded and fried. It was still waaaay too fishy for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:49 pm
Same...

I used to be such a picky eater. But, now I'm eating olives, and seafoody stuffs. I used to hate all that stuff. Weird, huh  

AngelAmy

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:46 pm
There's an L in salmon, Sage

But chemo probably changed mine, not sure entirely as to what yet, since I still eat the same stuff and find it to be the same
As usual  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 pm
AngelAmy
Same...

I used to be such a picky eater. But, now I'm eating olives, and seafoody stuffs. I used to hate all that stuff. Weird, huh

XD yep....taste buds dying, one of the facts of aging XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:24 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

But chemo probably changed mine, not sure entirely as to what yet, since I still eat the same stuff and find it to be the same
As usual

Nah...salmon is wrong with or without a l XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

As usual

Nah...salmon is wrong with or without a l XD
I like salmon and mahi mahi ou o
And crab legs  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:46 pm
The one thing I didn't like was mushrooms, but now I'm more indifferent to them than dislike them. I won't order them, but if you serve it to me I'll eat it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
And crab legs

I had only really had fake crab up until I went to alaska a year or so ago. Then I tried a few different kinds of crabs cooked in the shell, legs etc.

I avoid king crab though since its being especially over fished, and if the current fishing rates continues I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes a endangered species (although if I knew it was coming from somewhere like the barents sea where its invasive I would eat it) but mostly its alasken/berring sea which is its native range and over fished.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
And crab legs

I had only really had fake crab up until I went to alaska a year or so ago. Then I tried a few different kinds of crabs cooked in the shell, legs etc.

I avoid king crab though since its being especially over fished, and if the current fishing rates continues I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes a endangered species (although if I knew it was coming from somewhere like the barents sea where its invasive I would eat it) but mostly its alasken/berring sea which is its native range and over fished.
snow crab here
But mostly I go by texture, since I don't have much of a sense for taste  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas