Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP] No Artificial Ingredients (Hard Truths & Sweet Bread) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A somewhat cranky unicorn colt woke up one morning knowing he needed sustenance. Coffee was one thing, but actual food was also necessary. Furthermore, he'd heard a lot of good things about a phony bakery nearby (and the lovely baker who ran it), so it seemed only natural to stop by and visit. He wasn't sure if there would be much to choose from regarding non-pastries like the biscotti from Latte's place. Still, it was worth a try, and he wasn't as adverse to sweet female phonies as he was to sweet edibles.

-Yasha Alchemist
(( @_@ I have no clue what I'm doing. I apologize in advance.))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Like every morning, the bakery was in a big hustle. Phonies from all over, were in and out trying to get some coffee and something travel sized to head off to work with. So much so Sweet Bread started brewing coffee and offering it for anyone that purchased a 'breakfast item'. The coffee was nothing special as all she knew how to do was press a button, then cream and sugar if they'd like. It seemed to get the job done. Today's breakfast items were a cinnamon crumb muffin, three different bagels and a donuts with a chocolate glaze that her son generously made for her. The line had dwindled down and the rush was finally over. Finally getting a breather, she tided up the floors and tables waiting for the next customers to roll in.

Kitomyx

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am
As the hustle and bustle of the morning died out, Truths was pleased to find that he would have to share the calmer atmosphere of the bakery with a great deal fewer phonies than had been there earlier. Among these few phonies, however, was the one who he could only assume to be the owner from what he'd heard of her.

"Excuse me," he spoke up after clearing his throat. "Aren't you Sweet Bread, the phony who runs this bakery?"

-Yasha Alchemist
(( Sorry for the delay! sweatdrop School and work have been such pains...))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 am
Cleaning off the tables her ears perked when someone spoke to her. She turned around and suddenly there was a big smile on her face. A little foal. <3 Her babbies had just grown up so it was nice to see little 'uns still wondering around her. "Yes and Yes." The little purple pony put folded up the towel she was using to clean the tables so she could fully pay attention to her newest guest. "I'm always happy to see a new face around here. What's your name." Maybe she had some candy or little sweets for the little sweetie.

Kitomyx

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:14 am
The smile that Truths received upon being noticed caused his face to flush - only, it was hard to tell due to his naturally ruddy complexion, for which he was grateful on occasions such as these. His gold gaze dropped to his hooves in embarrassment, but he did his best to keep his voice steady and confident.

"I'm Hard Truths," he answered in a straightforward manner, his tone perhaps just a little more rigid than usual. "It's an honor to meet you, Sweet Bread. With a name like yours, I hate to even ask, but...you wouldn't happen to have anything for breakfast that isn't saturated in sugar, would you?"

He pawed at the ground nervously, redirecting his gaze to a spot in the corner of the room. "I'm afraid I'm not particularly fond of sweet things, especially in the morning."

-Yasha Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:54 pm
"Why as a matter of fact I do. Not all bread is sweet, just I am." She said in a tone it's self that was saturated in sugary sweetness. Sweet Bread stepped over to the counter to show her newest little customer what could be found with out sugar.

"We have quiet a few flavors of bagels, croissants, and then of course... bread... which I can toast with cheese and meat if you'd prefer." She skimmed over her treats and went to go adjust one of the centerpiece inside the glass case. "Anything striking your fancy, sweetheart?"

Kitomyx

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:52 pm
"Ah. Glad to hear it," he answered, trying to sound a lot more mature than he felt at the moment. He followed her toward the counter and listened attentively, almost melting in the mere melody of her voice.

"Fancy, striking...yes, what?" Truths paused, a little disoriented at being called 'sweetheart'. It wasn't something he could imagine anyone calling him on a regular basis - not once they got to know him, anyway. He had to do a quick replay of the mare's words in his head to take in the actual meaning of them.

"Oh, um...I don't really know what any of those are," he admitted sheepishly. "Or how they taste, at least. What...what might you recommend for early morning energy to start the day?"

-Yasha Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:43 pm
This was so darn cute so could just squeeze him. Standing there all big and tall, trying to follow along as she rambled along with her almost obsession over her job. "Hmmm, how about a little sample platter? You can pick yourself a seat and bring out a few things for you to try. The platter may just fill you up, but if you'd like maybe you can take a few treats home along with you. That sound okay?" She wanted to run a hoof over his cute little mohawk. Just like she did with her sons when they were little, but she couldn't remember a time where their hair was ever that short.

She poked around the corner and gave him a little nudge. "Anywhere you want and I'll be right back~" In a matter of no time she had cut out several squares of different toast, bagels and croissants, some with cheese, some without. All stacked up in a neat rows, for the colt, and served some orange juice. "Here ya go.~"

Kitomyx

Thanks for the re-quote...
Sorry it's taking me so long hopefully we can get through this if he still need his elelment! Thanksgiving Breeeeaaak! biggrin  

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:47 am
"Sample...platter?" he repeated dumbfoundedly, feeling somewhat stupid as he did so. Luckily, Sweet Bread was considerate enough to explain it to him. "Oh...are you sure? That seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through and I don't really have anything proper to pay you with at the moment, other than my services, whatever good those are." If he didn't pay now, he could pay later, but he was going to pay sometime because he couldn't stand being indebted to others, especially such kind, lovely mares as Sweet Bread.

He had barely had time to protest, however, before she was already bringing out a great deal of baked goods. The sight and scents were too much for his stomach to bear as it growled at him in complaint. How could he say no now? But he would repay the baker every bit of what he owed her (which was bound to be a lot for a breakfast of this variation and size) if it was the last thing he did.

"...All this...is for me?" he asked, confounded as he stared at the pretty purple mare. "Isn't this a bit much...? And you only just met me; what in Phonyland did I do to deserve something like this?" Perhaps he was being a bit rude, but being Hard Truths, it was in his nature and he was too shocked at the moment to really think about his words. "If you're this generous with all your new customers, especially the ones who can't pay, I doubt you'll stay in business long."

-Yasha Alchemist
((^_^; Sorry, just did a quick sweep of old rps to make sure they weren't forgotten. No rush. Haha, I'm not sure how Truths can be very generous while Sweet Bread is blowing him away with her generosity and kindness anyway, so don't worry about it. wink And don't be sorry! RL comes first and I know everyone has lots of other things to do, especially around this time of year. WHOO Thanksgiving! XD Hope you have a good one!))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 pm
Her earsback against her head. Was this foal rejecting her generosity? She had never had that happen to her before. "Well.. I'm happy to share with someone who comes in a bread store and doean't know a lick about bread. I don't expect to pay for something they don't like... I usually only let each phony one or two sample you are just getting a few extra. No harm in that." Sweet Bread thought about it a moment. "I like to think of it as future investments, as phonies will come back and put in orders for more." She hoped she convinced him, her tail giving a little flick as her spiel.

"I suppose I could go tend to something else... unless you'd like me to stay and keep you company." Her big bright eyes still so cheery.

Kitomyx
Oh man, I'm sorry.... She's just so loving. Especially with her sons gone, she's more than willing to coddle a young colt. Ooops! Maybe it will inspire him. Uuugh, but I have no idea what he could actually do. u.u

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:06 pm
The colt cringed when he realized he might have insulted the kind mare. "N-not that I don't appreciate this," he told her quickly, his grumbling stomach chiming in for good measure. Truths heated up in embarrassment. "O-oh...so, then...I have extra?" He couldn't help feeling a bit special to have been granted a few more from Sweet Bread than the average phony, even if might have just been because she felt sorry for him or because he knew nothing about bread.

"...I suppose that makes sense," he reasoned at her mention of future investments. Reason enough to allow his watering mouth to take a bite of the nearest baked good. Freshly baked, warm and soft...it was heaven. It was heaven and the angel who brought heaven to Phonyland was standing right here in front of him. How did she do it?!

...And then she suggested leaving, which caused his expression of pure bliss to fall. But she hadn't left yet, which was good...did that mean she was looking to him for a reason to stay? Fillies were so complex. They were one of the few mysteries Hard Truths didn't feel confident in trying to read. Still, it was worth a try, wasn't it?

"Wait," he said, swallowing his mouthful to speak. Perhaps a little too quickly; he winced as almost choked. "I...It's not like I don't know anything about bread," he said, wanting to start there. Not only did he want to avoid her pity, as his pride wouldn't have been able to withstand it, but he felt the sudden need to impress her. "I...know about biscotti." If that even was considered bread.

-Yasha Alchemist
((Oh, no no no, don't worry about it. XD He's happy just enjoying the pleasure of her company, not to mention her kindness. And I think I have something else for his Generosity element, so it's all good! It's just nice getting an opportunity to meet and converse with the renowned Sweet Bread~))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:38 pm
Sweet Bread gave a little nod. Eager to have him take hist first bite already. He'd popped the first bit in his mouth and he seemed to enjoy it. His face lit up, but he was suddenly alarmed by something. The unicorn wincing and giving a cough, asked her to wait.

"Are you okay? Was it okay?" She said worried about him and the food. If he didn't like it, hopefully he'd like something else on the platter. Bread was such a staple food... if he didn't like it he could wither away and never be an old enough phony. Maybe that why her kids grew up too fast though, eating too much bread. "Oh, you don't say? I'd find it hard to believe if you'd never even had a slice of white bread."

The purple phony slid into the booth with the little colt. "Biscotti? How do you even now about those children usually don't like that hard bread... even if it is dipped in a chocolate. It's usually more for coffee drinkers." She nodded once more, allowing her hooves to cross over one another.

Kitomyx
D'aww I'm enjoying rp with mr. mean but bashful! <3 He's soo cute.

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:04 pm
"I'm...fine," he answered, touched by her concern. "Just swallowed a little quickly is all." Her close proximity as she chose to slide in beside him nearly caused him to choke again, however. "Well...I don't exactly like to think of myself as a usual child." Children were usually so ignorant and selfish and inconsiderate and carefree and...well, if there was one childish aspect of his that he would admit to, it would be being bluntly and openly honest. The only difference with his and an average foal's honesty, though, was that they usually spoke their minds out of pure innocence while he liked to think he knew exactly what he was saying and how it would affect other phonies. That's why he said such things, after all.

"I had some biscotti at Latte's shop. It was good with coffee, which I also enjoyed, but she said foals didn't generally like that either. Too bitter for most. Why? Do you have children?" he asked. Something about her mentioning chocolate reminded him of something he'd heard. He was almost certain Sweet Bread had a family - she was too sweet not to - but he couldn't remember their names. Chocolate Cherry? No. Chocolate Orange...? That seemed silly... "Like I said before, though, I'm not fond of sweets. Including chocolate. But didn't you have a foal whose name started with Chocolate?"

-Yasha Alchemist
((Hahaha, and I am certainly enjoying the interaction with Phonyland's exquisitely adorable unicorn baker. She is just too sweet~))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:38 pm
Sweet crossed her hooves in front of her as she listened to the little foal speak. "Oh you don't.... but you are as cute and as tiny as any little one I know." She gave another smile, just happy to have this break with Hard Truths.

"Oh at Latte's? So coffee and biscottis, very surprising you like such a thing, but to each their own I suppose." She hoped him drinking coffee this young wasn't going to stunt his growth or anything. "Why yes I do. My two boys have grown up and gone off to do their own thing and my daughter lives with the woman I had the pleasure of getting to know for a little while. But alas I'm on my own once again." She gave a little bit of a sigh and a shrug, but still happy to have them in her thought. "Why yes I did, good memory. I guess you've met him? His name is Chocolate Orchid. He has his own chocolate shop, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be much of a fan of his stuff unless you can stomach some dark chocolate." She gave a small laugh at the thought of a child liking such a bitter taste, but if any did... it would be him.

Kitomyx
n///n

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:49 am
"Heh. I'll take that to mean you haven't met any flutter foals yet. You should see Pancake and Paperweight," he suggested with a playful sneer, wondering what she would make of their even smaller physiques.

Truths nodded in confirmation, now finding himself somewhat conscious of his unusual tastes. Did Sweet Bread think him odd or weird for it? But he caught himself there, for he didn't generally tend to care what others thought of him. This mare made him feel different, though, like before when he'd felt the urge to try to impress her. Goodness, what was wrong with him? He shook his head to clear it.

"Oh. I see..." Those sounded like complicated family matters indeed. "So...you don't live with the, uh...other parents of your children?" That was right; now he remembered hearing about them. She'd had more children recently since her sons had grown, but other than them, Truths had heard nothing of a stallion in Sweet Bread's life. How could that be? Did she...simply prefer mares, then...? Not that he could blame her, mares being the amazing, intelligent creatures they were, but...

He just didn't think it was fair that any mare as beautiful both inside and out as the baker beside him deserved to be alone. Er, assuming she didn't want to. Perhaps she preferred it that way being so busy running her bakery, but then why had she taken the time to keep him company? And surely an extra set of hooves around to help would have been welcome. Bah, he was thinking about this far more than was appropriate.

"Not as good a memory as I'd like," he admitted with an awkward smile. Otherwise he wouldn't have fallen into the trap of discussing such a...personal topic with her. And worse yet, she was probably too sweet and polite to tell him to back off, even if the subject was making her uncomfortable. Shoot. Nothing like a conversation with a pretty face to remind one just how little they knew of the fairer sex. What were they talking about again? Oh, right...

"Yes...that was the name. I'm afraid not," he confessed, a little embarrassed. "But I'm certain he gets more than enough young foals to keep him busy as it is. "Dark chocolate, hmm? I have been curious about that. I'll have to try it some time. Ah...may I ask what your other son does, though? I fear I've forgotten his name entirely." He hesitated. "...If...I'm not prying too much, of course. Please pardon my nosy curiosity. Having never had one of my own to compare, I tend to be fascinated with families."

-Yasha Alchemist
((^_^; I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. <3 Hope you had an awesome holiday and a happy new year!))

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff