Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  </3
View Results

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm
Were you breast fed? Would you do this with your child?

I wasn't breast fed because I didn't latch on, but I will be trying it with my child.  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 am
I'm not sure, but I have been breast feeding Elim and will continue to do so until he weans himself. In my state they recommend it until three years of age.
In the beginning it is hard and you will hate it but after the first few months it will get easier. Your nipples will hurt those first weeks though. I often heard that if it hurts you're not doing it right and to an extent that's true but it's gonna hurt in the beginning simply because your nipples aren't used to it and they'll need to "harden up", though obv not in a cold or sexual manner.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Arianah

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:34 pm
I was four weeks premature and back then they discouraged it and encouraged formula with an extra large hole the teat. My mother did breast feed my youngest brother, and tried with the middle kid but failed and he was sickly. Friends pumped for her. I don't remember it, but do remember my youngest brother nursing and being curious about how it tasted.

I was five.

I attempted with my first but had lost too much blood and my body wouldn't produce. I relactated when she was 5 months old and my body was healed and pumped until she was 18 months. The second I nursed until he was three. The last kid walked away at months. I'm glad I did it.imiss the bonding, but not enough to have another baby. I am done with diapers and ready to enjoy this side of motherhood.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Arianah

Thank you. I was actually curious to see how long I should breast feed. I suppose it depends on my child and myself, but I believe I should stop when they start teething.  

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:40 pm
Well, they start teething pretty young, before they should stop being breastfed, but, biting can be an issue but you can also teach them not to do it. I had to do that with Elim.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:46 pm
YES. YES. YES.

I saved my mom's life because I was breastfed.

I breastfed Ezra, and when my doctor scared me and said he was losing too much weight and I needed to give him formula, I still half breastfed half formula'd and he breastfed to about 17 months.

And spoilers, he'd lost a pound which is actually very normal and I really wish I'd just stuck to breastfeeding only. Doctors are ******** stupid sometimes.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Arianah

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:09 pm
Teeth is not a biological reason to cease nursing. Some infants are born with teeth, others start teething at two months and others around a year. That has nothing to do with their immune systems or neural development.

The Workd Health Organization states to breast feed exclusively for six months then to slowly add solids, but continue nursing untilat least age 2. The American Association of pediatrician a recommends nursing at least a year but that there is "benefit into the third year and beyond". It is really between mom and baby when to wean and biologically there is no reason to stop in infancy and toddlerhood being the immune system is not even fully developed until age 6. Breast milk does not magically stop having nutritive value and turn into junk food at any point. It is also healthier than cows milk in lieu of dairy because it is species specific.

It is your decision, regardless, and though as a breast feeding counselor and advocate, I'd love to see every woman nurse, ultimately the choice is yours and you need to do what YOU feel is best for your baby.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 am
My mom breastfed me for 6 months, and my sister for 3.
I feel like I am the better kid, but I am sure my sister will disagree.

I am not sure what I will do. A friend of mine had some serious health problems because of it, couldn't walk for s**t...  

Sannie P

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 am
Sannie P
My mom breastfed me for 6 months, and my sister for 3.
I feel like I am the better kid, but I am sure my sister will disagree.

I am not sure what I will do. A friend of mine had some serious health problems because of it, couldn't walk for s**t...
Health problems because she was breast fed?  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:44 am
Because she was breastfeeding.  

Sannie P

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 am
If I had a baby, no probably not. I'd compromise and pump though, since I know it's better for the baby, and I would not want them to miss out on that immunity fluid stuff in breast milk.

My nipples are literally my only erogenous zone on my body. A mouth sucking on them is one of the few ways left to physically arouse me. There's no fricking way I want an infant making me horney. That is just 15 levels of ******** for my brain.

Of course, we all know I'm about as motherly as a fence post and my uterus is full of cobwebs and CONDEMNED signs though, so luckily it's a non-issue. :3

I personally was breastfed when my mother could get it to work. She said she bled and cracked a lot, and they'd become infected so she had to supplement me with formula sometimes. She also said she stopped at six months because I developed teeth early and bit the ******** out of her several times. Or maybe it was later than that. I don't know I think the last time I asked her about it was well over 20 years ago. I was highly curious about breast feeding and my mother's pregnancy as a child, but lost interest as I got older.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm
Oh god, for what Xippy was talking about, if you decide to breastfeed (REALLY hoping you do!!), make sure you rough up them puppies before the baby comes. And invest in some n****e butter!! A small can seems like a lot of money but a little bit goes a long way and in the entire 17 or whatever months I breastfed I only used half of mine. So.

Also it's different for everyone, and also depends on the pump, but pumping is HARD. I could never get very much. :c  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 pm
marzipancakes
Oh god, for what Xippy was talking about, if you decide to breastfeed (REALLY hoping you do!!), make sure you rough up them puppies before the baby comes. And invest in some n****e butter!! A small can seems like a lot of money but a little bit goes a long way and in the entire 17 or whatever months I breastfed I only used half of mine. So.

Also it's different for everyone, and also depends on the pump, but pumping is HARD. I could never get very much. :c

Rough them up? I know when my boyfriend teases me around there I flick him because I am sensitive.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 pm
It is actually not recommended to roughen the nipples anymore. It can cause sensory loss and production issues.

And a good proper latch resolves 95% of pain issues. Discomfort yes, but pain is a sign that something is not right.  

Arianah

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 pm
I guess I must have been part of the 5% then. Nothing I did made the pain go away for a month and a half after I started but I swear I was doing things right. :c
Now it doesn't hurt at all, though.  
Ladies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces