Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sapphire Rose University

Back to Guilds

A Role-Playing University for Magic Users. 

Tags: Role, Player, School, Magic, Wizard 

Reply Sapphire Rose University
E-5 The Art of Air Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veron Mic
Crew

Feral Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:23 am
As one would enter the classroom after several flights of stairs, they would take in the view for the first time. The classroom was sunlight by the many windows on the walls. One even looked to be the size of a wide door, outlooking a platform that overhung outside. All of the windows were open, including the large skylight above. Surrounding the walls of the inside were examples of flight craft, posters of certain air patterns, a world map marking general air currents, and other things of the sort. It was definitely a free-aired classroom with lots of views. A whirlwind would enter from the roof's open skylight, settling down in front of the long student desks that were set in the top floor of the Eastern Tower. The man, sporting sunglasses and a very relaxed suit would set down his shoulder bag behind the teacher's desk. One would think of him as a student, he really seemed to not have a care in the world. After a bit of shuffling around and scribbling on the chalk board, he turned to his students. With a swift effort, he sent out leaflets to all of the desks.

"Welcome to the Eastern Tower. Here, you will be studying the art of Air. You may address me as Professor Giovanni. Now, this element can be quite fun, as long as you keep in mind the responsibility it takes to control it. So no jumping out of the windows and trying to fly....we'll be doing that later in the semester. The paper that is sitting before you is a general outline of what you are going to learn here. We're all going to be here for a while so let's get to know each other!"

Professor Giovanni walked over to his shoulder bag and removed a thermos of coffee, pouring it into a mug that was already sitting on the desk. Taking a seat on the desk, he waited for the students to introduce themselves.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:26 pm
*Opens the door slightly and quickly runs in and takes her seat, looks up at the teacher-
"Hello, I am Neveah and I hope you take care of me."  

Dreamer1204

Newbie Gaian

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

EternalAnge

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm
I entered the doorway and I waved at the two people who were present in the classroom.

"Hello, I'm--EEEEK!"

I tripped over just as I have started to introduce myself, landing my face onto the ground. I rose my head up to see who was here, then I rose up swiftly.

"I apologize for my awkward moment... I can be a little clumsy sometimes. Anyway, my name is Camilia," I said, giving the teacher and student a curtsy. "It's very nice to meet you."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:00 am
*Looks back at camilia and nods as if was saying hi*  

Dreamer1204

Newbie Gaian

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

EternalAnge

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 am
I brushed the filth off of myself, then I proceeded to find a seat in the room. "I cannot wait to learn about the art of air," I said to the student in a happy voice. "Are you excited about it too?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:57 am
Yeah I am" I said quietly then turning around to face the direction of the teacher.  

Dreamer1204

Newbie Gaian

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Veron Mic
Crew

Feral Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 am
After another gulp of coffee and an exasperated "Ahh," He bounced up, almost weightlessly. "Ahh, well then, it seems we have a fine little crew this morning! Miss Camilia, Miss Neveah, it's a pleasure to meet you! Now, it seems class will be light today, so I shall go through the curriculum that's on the leaflet." He wrote down a rather complicated graph on the chalk board. It seemed to be levels of air flow, leveled with classroom grades. "Our first lesson will simply be to feel the breeze. To get to know air. You're gonna be using it alot in this class, so it is best to do so. Now, a great way to learn this, is by making paper airplanes of course!" Using a small air bubble, he floated several pieces of paper to the two students. "If you can make an airplane that flies from the back of the room to this chalk board, you get extra credit!" A slight breeze blows across the room, from left to right. It's pattern changes every few seconds. Professor Veron grinned behind his sunglasses, enjoying the confused looks on his classmate's faces after announcing the obscure assignment.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am
*Looks at pieces of paper and starts to make a big paper airplane*

"Mr.Giovanni is it? Do um....I make one big airplane or several small ones?"  

Dreamer1204

Newbie Gaian

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

EternalAnge

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am
Once I finally found a seat, I sat down next to the student and focused my attention on the teacher. Then, I took out a notebook from my schoolbag, which was placed next to my seat, and scribbled down every detail from the chalkboard.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:33 pm
"You can make any kind of airplane you like, Neveah. It simply has to make it from the back of the classroom to the chalkboard." A larger gust of wind passes between the windows on either side of the classroom. A few windchimes outside of the windows rang brilliantly, creating a tune almost. "Just keep in mind, it has an obstacle to get through." He turned back to the chalk board, then at the top center, drew a bulls eye target. "Hit that and you'll be able to move onto the next level."

He smirked. This was a test, to see if his students knew anything about challenging opposing wind currents, and how they could be used to their advantage. It was a simple lesson, but there had only been a handful of people to get it without instruction. At the end of the period, he would reveal the secret to a seemingly simple, but rather intuitive and studious trick.  

Veron Mic
Crew

Feral Guildsman

EternalAnge

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:46 pm
After taking the notes, I took out some pieces of paper and started to craft a simple yet interesting airplane. "I hope I have learned my lesson well, Mr. Giovanni," I said to him in a kind voice. "I have been paying attention by taking notes, after all."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:57 pm
"Ahh well, we shall see when the airplanes take flight. Seeing as the day is now over, we will extend this exercise to tomorrow's class. Your homework for tonight will be to work on your constructed paper air crafts so they can achieve the goal. Practice as much as you like, and show me your completed projects! We will then fly them tomorrow. Oh, also, no adding anything to the aircrafts.

-class dismissed-

Professor Giovanni waits for the students to exit, before exiting the window and onto the platform, leaping down the seven stories, onto the roof of the nearest building using an almost invisible platform of condensed air. The platform would dissipate as he entered through one of the windows of the lower building, leading to the teacher's lounge.  

Veron Mic
Crew

Feral Guildsman

Confusing the Polarity

Omnipresent Genius

20,625 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 am
Mira pushes through the door to the classroom, breathless... And quite late. She mutters to herself, "Great.. Just great... First class and I missed it." She looks around the classroom and finds a notebook one of the other students had left behind. Reading it, she grins to herself. She takes several sheets of paper, and starts constructing her planes. Making small intricate folds, she pulls a small pair of silver scissors out of her bag and makes a few delicate cuts. Finally satisfied after one more tiny fold, she tosses one towards the chalkboard target.
The small plane loops and twirls, spinning gracefully though the air, moving with the wind, not against it. It crumples into the chalkboard, leaving a small smudge in the chalk bullseye.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:43 pm
*makes her way into classroom with one medium sized paper airplane and practices throwing it*  

Dreamer1204

Newbie Gaian

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Sapphire Rose University

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers