Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Current Interests Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 pm
I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone's looking into at the moment. So tell us~! biggrin

What are you interested in studying right now?
What are you actively studying right now?
What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)?
(If you are a theist) What deity relationships are you working at strengthening right now/what deities are you interested in learning about or contacting?
What books are you tempted to buy?

Share! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:05 pm
Sharing~!

Tough one. I'm so scattered brained right now. I think my brain finally baked with how hot its been. cat_burning_eyes
In all seriousness, I won't know until I find it. I let one thing lead to another.

Still slowly reading Red Land, Black Land by Barbara Mertz

What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)?
Trying to keep people from putting s**t on my altar cat_stare
Taking baby steps on working towards daily food offerings.

(If you are a theist) What deity relationships are you working at strengthening right now/what deities are you interested in learning about or contacting?
I'm working on strengthening my relationship with Djehuty. I feel like I've been slipping a bit. And I miss His library. cat_crying
Also needing to see if Nebet Het was still interested.
Also working on my relationships with Sekhmet, Bes, and Set.
As far as interested in contacting, I'll let Them come to me. I'm happy that I was able to speak to and have the chance to form some kind of relationship with at least one deity.

I don't want to get my flash drive to be able to list them all.
I do know what I want to get my own copy of Red Land, Black Land (so the library can have their's back if nothing else cat_whee ). There's also Temples, Tombs, & Hieroglyphs. And others. If for nothing else but to see what all the hype is since I can't find them at the library. Like Following the Sun and Temple of the Cosmos. Oh and Conceptions of God in Ancient Egypt: The One and the Many. That's supposed to be where the KO gets their soft poly from.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Argh that is the wurst  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:26 am
Quite honestly I'm torn between looking deeper into Heathenry and Kemeticism (I know they're both worlds away but honestly both of those paths seem so interesting to me).

Hmm...kinda studying the Elder Futhark. The Rune workshop has gone quiet and I'm still debating with myself whether I should just continue ahead or wait until everyone else is ready.

Well I'm in the middle of carving myself a wand (I bought one a few years back and I love using it, but I felt I wanted something a little more personal) and knitting a woolen bag for my runes.

Still trying to say hi to Odin. I end up sounding like an idiot everytime...
There's quite a myriad of deities I'd like to contact and hopefully have a relationship of some sort with but I think one at a time would be the way to go.

Umm, every book in existance? In all seriousness, I have lost count. Thankfully I have several extensive lists.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:17 am
Sanguina Cruenta
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Argh that is the wurst
Oh you don't even know. cat_crying Mom got pissed at me when I went out of state with Zane for the 4th and I came home to find toe nail clippings on my ankh and the bracelet for Sekhmet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 am
What are you interested in studying right now? Primarily working my way (ever so slowly) through the pile of Heathen related books that I have.

What are you actively studying right now? started Essential Asatru the other day.

What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)? nothing in particular

(If you are a theist) What deity relationships are you working at strengthening right now/what deities are you interested in learning about or contacting? again not working with anyone in particular at the moment

What books are you tempted to buy? Just recently bought several books on Heathenry (hence the pile I need to read XD), so not looking to get anything else at the moment.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:23 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
The Rune workshop has gone quiet and I'm still debating with myself whether I should just continue ahead or wait until everyone else is ready.

Now that people are out of school we should start that up again. But go ahead and continue on; the point of the workshop mostly is to share ideas and take inspiration from others, which you can do having studied in advance.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:30 pm
All the classes I mentioned below and I want to read up more on permaculture.
My summer quarter includes 5 credits of Ethics/Philosophy, 5 Credits of Algebra, 5 Credits of Environmental Science, 2 credits of Health, extra carricular classes on juicing, raw foods, fermentation, gardening with mushrooms, canning and coven stuff.

What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)? I'm focusing a lot on my divination and some on magic and cooking.
Quote:

Coven stuff- though I feel like I am being pulled by someone else too, so when I figure out who that is, it'll probably be more important.
What books are you tempted to buy? I haven't seen anything lately that really speaks to me, but I'm still hunting for a good tarot deck.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:24 am
Sanguina Cruenta
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
The Rune workshop has gone quiet and I'm still debating with myself whether I should just continue ahead or wait until everyone else is ready.

Now that people are out of school we should start that up again. But go ahead and continue on; the point of the workshop mostly is to share ideas and take inspiration from others, which you can do having studied in advance.

Ah nice. I shall continue on once I have returned from the Flinders Ranges...two weeks of freezing my butt off, here I come!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm
What are you interested in studying right now? I recently came across Omnistic Paganism so I want to learn more about Omnism.
What are you actively studying right now? I'm actually studying Gods and Goddesses and their symbols mostly just everything about them.
What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)?Ah I'm not there yet sweatdrop
I'm interested in learning about Loki, Hermes, Aphrodite, Psyche, LOTS MORE I made a big list.
What books are you tempted to buy? Some books about Greek Mythology and Norse  

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:32 am

Historical witchcraft, mostly.

Nothing.

Nothing. I cannot perform religious practices at my school.

Something related to the history of witchcraft (as in, what the people in the medieval period and during the witch trials thought existed).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 am
several different pantheons to see what fits.

Currently following a line of thought to discover my Patron God/Goddess. Trying to organize a shrine and not just an alter.

What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)? shrine/altar construction, discovering a patron deity and proper offering practices.

still trying to find one lol

IDK...  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 am
I'm currently trying to find a path a paganism that would be right for me. Also Taoism has caught my interest a few times
Nothing
What deity relationships are you working at strengthening right now/what deities are you interested in learning about or contacting?
I've never had a true religion so I've always wondered what its like and if I could ever contact anything.
Anything short and to the point about paganism. An easy read that will inform me about what I'm getting myself into.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 pm
You know, people, when I include questions in an OP, it's not because you have to answer them. It's to give you a jumping-off point and to let you know what I'm interested in, topic-wise. If you don't have an answer to a question, or it's not really relevant, you don't have to include it xd  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:07 am
Probably more about herbs and different stones. Definitely need to brush up on my harbs and start drying them again soon for winter.
Honestly nothing as of late. Been between to busy with work and to horribly sick to do much but sleep when I get home.
What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)? I currently don't have a practice, but you could say that I am actively trying to find one that calls to me. I guess? *Shrugs* (It's 5 am, I'm tired. =3=)
Honestly, I want to learn more about Hecate/Hekate.
I have an entire list on Amazon.com & .ca, don't tempt me to post it it all. XD
How far have you come with your current studies?
Honestly not as far as I thought I would be. My knowledge on herbs is pitiful, my stones just as so, and most knowledge I can find on Hecate is barely anything if anything at all. =3= But I still keep looking and studying what I can.
Are you happy with your current studies and finds?
Despite the few frustrations they've caused me, money wise, yeah. I know at least a little more then I did before. And I'll know even more then that if I keep studying.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games