View Results

Zukes

Mythical Elder

17,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:08 am
I tried posting this the other day. I suddenly realized it was in the wrong place and panicked. Silly me.

Lately I've been fairly ill and stressed. All of this lead up to me missing my period for about a month. I'm finally having a period, but I'm wondering if it's not a miscarriage. I'm having a lot of symptoms that are common of a miscarriage...so I'm starting to wonder. I'm going to make an appointment this week to find out what's going on.

Alex and I don't want to have children. So much in fact that he has a vasectomy scheduled in January. I've never really seen myself as a mother. I have plenty of patience for children...but I don't think I'd do so with my own. Also, my mother was adopted. We don't know her medical history very well. What I do know about my medical history isn't the best. Neither is Alex's history. There are many, many reasons that neither of us wish to have children.

The problem is, I can't help but feel guilty and upset about this. I know it's foolish considering I don't really even know what's going on...

For some reason this is really bothering me. Maybe it's just everything combine finally coming to a head... I dunno.

TL;DR: I'm having a lot of complicated feeings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 am
You feel guilty about not wanting children? Him getting the vasectomy?

If you guys ever happen to change your minds, you could always adopt!  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 am
You could just be having a bad period because of stress. I just looked up the signs of a miscarriage and I have nearly the exact same symptoms when I get my period as someone would when they have a miscarriage.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:38 am
I thought that once, but I had the same weird period two times in a row, and yeah, I was super stressed out for months during that time for various reasons not related to it. You can find weird not-bloody chunks in there without it being a miscarriage, if that's what you're seeing. It could mean your uterus lining was just extra thick that month. You can randomly have extra bad cramps without it being one too. If you are particularly worried, you could always head into the doctor and ask them what they think, too.

Another thing to note is that women can miscarry before a pregnancy would even be detectable by a test. Your body can just naturally do it on it own, and not because of some kind of dysfunction.

You could always bank sperm if he does decide to get a vascetomy, too, if you ever changed your mind but wanted to have a birth in the future.

You shouldn't have to feel bad or guilty on the extremely low chance it is, or about your not having children, or what have you. I think it goes without saying that we care about you. <3  

unfathomable

Zukes

Mythical Elder

17,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 am
marzipancakes
You feel guilty about not wanting children? Him getting the vasectomy?

If you guys ever happen to change your minds, you could always adopt!

I feel guilty about not wanting children.

My mom says she's proud that we've made this choice so early in life, but I can tell it really hurts her.

Being that there is a very real possibility of us getting Alex's little sister in the future it just doesn't seem right for us to have a child.

Adoption though, I think it's wonderful. I'd much rather adopt a child that needs a home desperately than bring another person into the world.

@paper giraffes - It very well could be. I was on antibiotics for about a month so that very well could be it. I'm just worried.

@unfathomable - I'm just not sure. I've never had the problems like I'm having now.

Thank you for being so kind. <3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:57 am
Maybe you'd want to freeze some sperm justttt in case, I mean it won't hurt to have it around in the off chance you guys do change your mind.  

LeRaven

Tenacious Travis

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:54 pm
Quote:

You can find weird not-bloody chunks in there without it being a miscarriage, if that's what you're seeing.

Quote:

chunks

emotion_jawdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 pm
When I was with Mario was the first time I openly realized I had issues with the idea of having children myself. As of today, I want children, but I know that I'm not emotionally or financially ready for them, and that's okay.

But earlier in my life I'd just kind of mindlessly assumed I'd do it someday and was glad that someday hadn't come, and didn't want to look any further into the matter.

When I started to think in my mid-twenties that I might not want kids of my own, ever, I went through the same feelings you are going through. I felt guilty, I felt selfish, I felt like I was going against something that I couldn't quite explain but that I knew was wrong. All I was going against was emotions and an established order of things, though.

You have very realistic reasons why you don't want biological children, and while it may be hard to know that your mom will be sad about it, it's not for her to decide your future that way, even indirectly. You've already said that you are open to the idea of adoption in the future if you wish, and that's commendable, because there are so many children out there in need and if you don't feel biologically up to having your own, you shouldn't try to fit a mold that wasn't made for you.

Either way, I do agree that you should look into how expensive it might be to save some of his sperm just in case you change your mind. But that's not something that you necessarily need to do, just that you should consider it before you don't have the option to. Good luck, dear.

You recently posted some other things that I'd like to say I'm open if you need someone to talk to. About not being able to deal with your own things because his thing is sort of taking the bigger slot. Good luck there, as well. It must be hard.  

noramine

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Zukes

Mythical Elder

17,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 pm
noramine
When I was with Mario was the first time I openly realized I had issues with the idea of having children myself. As of today, I want children, but I know that I'm not emotionally or financially ready for them, and that's okay.

But earlier in my life I'd just kind of mindlessly assumed I'd do it someday and was glad that someday hadn't come, and didn't want to look any further into the matter.

When I started to think in my mid-twenties that I might not want kids of my own, ever, I went through the same feelings you are going through. I felt guilty, I felt selfish, I felt like I was going against something that I couldn't quite explain but that I knew was wrong. All I was going against was emotions and an established order of things, though.

You have very realistic reasons why you don't want biological children, and while it may be hard to know that your mom will be sad about it, it's not for her to decide your future that way, even indirectly. You've already said that you are open to the idea of adoption in the future if you wish, and that's commendable, because there are so many children out there in need and if you don't feel biologically up to having your own, you shouldn't try to fit a mold that wasn't made for you.

Either way, I do agree that you should look into how expensive it might be to save some of his sperm just in case you change your mind. But that's not something that you necessarily need to do, just that you should consider it before you don't have the option to. Good luck, dear.

You recently posted some other things that I'd like to say I'm open if you need someone to talk to. About not being able to deal with your own things because his thing is sort of taking the bigger slot. Good luck there, as well. It must be hard.

It's way too expensive to get his sperm frozen or we would. We're pretty in the hole right now otherwise I'd consider it. Luckily his insurance is paying 100% for the vasectomy.

As for the other stuff, it's too difficult to really discuss right now. I'm just very frustrated and overwhelmed with everything right now.

Then I feel like a complete b***h for even saying that, life is just really sucking right now. I'm trying my best to make him feel better about everything. He's pretty happy right now so I don't want to ruin things for him...especially around this time of year.

I wish that I had some friends around. Everyone has moved, died, or just disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 pm
Tenacious Travis
Quote:

You can find weird not-bloody chunks in there without it being a miscarriage, if that's what you're seeing.

Quote:

chunks

emotion_jawdrop

Golf ball sized chunks of shed lining. Those are the best.  

skulI rabbit

Zukes

Mythical Elder

17,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:53 am
Update on this.

I'm fine, I just had a very icky and painful period. I'm so so so so so thankful that's all it was.

I feel stupid for freaking out so much.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 pm
Tenacious Travis
Quote:

Quote:

chunks

emotion_jawdrop

emotion_puke
i don't have this problem wtf is wrong with you guys  

breedney

O.G. Smoker

Tenacious Travis

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 pm
I'm starting to think women are actually from another planet. emotion_puke  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:15 pm
breedney
Tenacious Travis
Quote:

Quote:

chunks

emotion_jawdrop

emotion_puke
i don't have this problem wtf is wrong with you guys

Lol it's normal if they shed a lot of skin. We all shed skin from the lining when we have our period, that's part of the point of it, lol.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

breedney

O.G. Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:16 pm
golf-ball sized? emotion_puke  
Ladies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]