Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Just noticed.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 pm
I haven't seen any posts from Toad or Grav....did they leave or were they kicked out or what?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 am
the guild is pretty dead. they probally left.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:18 pm
axean

in the battle between "ignorance" and trolls, "ignorance" won >_>

now should we try to revamp this guild somehow?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 am
Tsukinoki
axean

definately. but Jevan is MIA again.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:42 pm
axean
Tsukinoki
axean

definately. but Jevan is MIA again.

Really now? D:
well i guess real life gets priority haha~ XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:18 am
We got bored dealing with you folk actually. We made a mutual decision to leave Gaia in general. I popped back in today because of other circumstances and was curious to see what was being talked about.  

Gravitational Molestation

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:26 am
oh joy...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 pm
Tsukinoki
oh joy...
Oh noez, you don't like me. Boo hoo.

Still better than you.
Still was helping make you folk better than you are.
Wasn't trying to make friends or be friendly (though when you didn't make me want to treat you like children I was a rather nice individual).
I was simply here to crush the rampaging amounts of stupidity.

Get over it Tsukinoki, I really never cared whether or not you lot was going to like me in the end.

And with that, I'm leaving Gaia again.

For those that didn't listen, enjoy being terrible. Ciao!  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 am
Tsukinoki
oh joy...
Oh noez, you don't like me. Boo hoo.

Still better than you.
Still was helping make you folk better than you are.
Wasn't trying to make friends or be friendly (though when you didn't make me want to treat you like children I was a rather nice individual).
I was simply here to crush the rampaging amounts of stupidity.

Get over it Tsukinoki, I really never cared whether or not you lot was going to like me in the end.

And with that, I'm leaving Gaia again.

For those that didn't listen, enjoy being terrible. Ciao!

*shrugs* meh...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 pm
We must bring this guild back!  

Des_Gato-The Warrior

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:59 pm
how do you propose we do that?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 am
Tsukinoki

I hope everybody reads this and I will repost it in a separate forum for all to see but...

With people who don't usually care about the game for more than a few minutes and nobody except for a select few that can give good advice (really slim pickings there) nobody wants to post here. Decks are rudimentary at best and the novice advice and lack of cooperation make it difficult. I'm talking about:

A) People who ask for help and don't take the advice

B) People who only play the game with what they have and won't go out and spend money on it. Get a job people, really. Most of us probably still live at home and pay no bills and just go to school which is already paid for either by our parents or student loans.

and C) Stubborn people who don't understand that the idea of a game is to win. If you have fun losing every once in a while, that's fine, but the idea of the game is to get better as the game itself evolves and there are plenty of people who don't want to do that, i.e. people who don't use synchro or xyz because it's new and they're afraid of change or some bullshit.

It's not the guild itself, it's the people in it, and from that, I can understand why Grav and Toad left because they really were among the best players in this guild, definitely better than a majority of the people that hang out around here. I personally don't post my decks in this guild anymore because nobody else even replies, and when they do it's half-assed questions and novice advice at best from people who have only made it to top 32 at their locals, unlike Grav, and Toad who have probably top 32 or better in Nats and myself where I've only top 48 at regionals.

I don't know if it's age or stubborness or what, but the players around her need to change if they want to be better. ThIf it were up to me, I would clean house in this guild right away. I would check out who has been posting and who participates and get rid of those who have just not been around in months. Then a registration campaign. If I had a decent crew, I'd send them into Gaia towns, or post in forums looking to recruit. We need to get the word out there that the guild is here and we need some decent players. People need to stop letting their feelings get hurt over little s**t, swallow their measley pride and take advice from those who have obviously been succeeding at this game far longer than they have.  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:37 pm
Aka_Saiyaku
Tsukinoki

I hope everybody reads this and I will repost it in a separate forum for all to see but...

With people who don't usually care about the game for more than a few minutes and nobody except for a select few that can give good advice (really slim pickings there) nobody wants to post here. Decks are rudimentary at best and the novice advice and lack of cooperation make it difficult. I'm talking about:

A) People who ask for help and don't take the advice

B) People who only play the game with what they have and won't go out and spend money on it. Get a job people, really. Most of us probably still live at home and pay no bills and just go to school which is already paid for either by our parents or student loans.

and C) Stubborn people who don't understand that the idea of a game is to win. If you have fun losing every once in a while, that's fine, but the idea of the game is to get better as the game itself evolves and there are plenty of people who don't want to do that, i.e. people who don't use synchro or xyz because it's new and they're afraid of change or some bullshit.

It's not the guild itself, it's the people in it, and from that, I can understand why Grav and Toad left because they really were among the best players in this guild, definitely better than a majority of the people that hang out around here. I personally don't post my decks in this guild anymore because nobody else even replies, and when they do it's half-assed questions and novice advice at best from people who have only made it to top 32 at their locals, unlike Grav, and Toad who have probably top 32 or better in Nats and myself where I've only top 48 at regionals.

I don't know if it's age or stubborness or what, but the players around her need to change if they want to be better. ThIf it were up to me, I would clean house in this guild right away. I would check out who has been posting and who participates and get rid of those who have just not been around in months. Then a registration campaign. If I had a decent crew, I'd send them into Gaia towns, or post in forums looking to recruit. We need to get the word out there that the guild is here and we need some decent players. People need to stop letting their feelings get hurt over little s**t, swallow their measley pride and take advice from those who have obviously been succeeding at this game far longer than they have.

I think in a way reason A and B are the same, and the second part of B didn't belong.

But i do agree the players here are pretty stubborn, but i try to help as best as i can, but I'm a duelist not a miracle worker...

The only thought I have to improve the guild is to have different forums, one for people dedicated to win, and those who just play for fun.
For example: the competitive boards will have tournament information from both online, and real life tournaments, advice for people wanting to enter tournaments, and deck construction.

The for fun forums should be about random games with members of the guild (seeing as having fun is a way to improve guild relations), casual deck advice (such as Classic Heros, or Anti-_____ decks), creating cards, fanfictions (don't ask...) and discussion about the anime or manga.

Though one thing is for sure, I prefer if we can find people who are as strong if not stronger than Grav and Toad, their level of play is great but no offense to them, but personally I've gotten better advice from my friends who never stepped into a tournament....  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm
they're not. There's stubborn people, and poor people. And honestly, the second part of B is absolutely needed. You don't have money? get a job. It's the holidays. People are hiring everywhere. Make money, and you can get better cards or just staples you need. It's not difficult to comprehend. My brother does it. He just got a job at burger king for god's sake and his game has improved because now he's going and getting the cards he needs. If you're young, get a paper route, have your parents make coffee and sell it on the street (or bottled water in the summer. A case cost 4.50 and you can sell all 24 bottles for a dollar a piece) Like I said, not hard.  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Superonimalco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm
Well not everyone has adaptable environments. Can't expect someone in lets say North Dakota to get a decent job in something like target or burger king and get money that way. It varies.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff