Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I noticed something with my Step-dad recently. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:00 pm
Okay, so about January of last year, my step-father (who is a homophobe.) Learned I was gay from my grandparents. Around March I noticed that he'd be more rude to me and start talking to me in cruder ways then before and it was just me and only me, he leaves my brother and little sister alone. In fact once he got made at my mother and said to her exactly "tell that little f*****t to leave." Considering that I am the only gay person in my family (that leaves where I live.) I knew he meant me.

Anyway, he also happens to get rougher around me as well. Like once I forgot to clean a butter knife after making PB 'n J and he practically shoved the knife down my throat because I do so. Something of which he never did, he also makes the really stupid rules for me and me alone. Oh and like I just got my tongue pierced (actually 2 weeks ago almost 3) and the 1st thing he said when I got home was "People only get those to give blowjobs" which is funny because I never intend to give or receive those. (Not to mention, because of my heart and lungs I can't have sex or oral either.)

Anyway, I just realizing this and I wanted to know if it was just because I was gay or for the fact that he just slowly started to hate me. Because he had always been rougher to me then my brother or my sister and he had always been mean to me and called me names and things when I stood up to him. (In fact on multiple occasions he has almost punched me, and twice he shoved me into a wall and onto a tack.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 pm
you might wanna call the cops  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:38 pm
>O Seriously call them. That's bullshit.

But about him. I'm gonna guess that he had a feeling about you from the beginning. I dunno like he has gaydar?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 am
not going to comment bout the bj section.......but yeah. to state the obvious, dudes a jerk. if he was always harsher with you, then it could be he hates you for having the guts to stand up to him and not bend to his will and is using your 'gayness' as an excuse to be more open and harsh about it.  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:46 am
as others have said, call the cops. what he is doing to you isnt right and is clearly abusive  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:40 am
Call the cops, regardless of why he's doing it, he shouldn't be.
If he's homophobic, that's probably a factor, but abuse is abuse and you and you siblings don't deserve to have a dangerous and hostile person terrorizing you. Even if he's nice to your siblings, their still hurt worry and fear for you and feel the tension.
Is your mom around and does she know what's going on?

Also, I got my tongue pierced because I wanted a piece of metal shoved through it. Oral sex applications had nothing to do with my choice either.
Some people are very ignorant and jump to conclusions.

Please talk to mom and cops about the abuse before it gets worse  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Nerdy Lullaby

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 am
This is abuse! Tell someone! And it's not for blow jobs, you can give blow jobs without a tounge peirceing! God why do there have to dicks like that in this world?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:43 am
Everyone is saying call the cops- and if you feel like your life is in danger- Do it! But family dynamics aren't always that easy- sometimes abuse happens and there really is nothing you can do. In most states shoving a kid isn't assault, it's protected under the rights of a parent to parent how they want- wrong as it is, that's the law.

You mentioned he's a homophobe- so odds are that he's actually aroused by homosexuality and it frightens him. If you fear for your safety- please tell someone, talk to a teacher at school, a cop, a doctor- anyone! If not, then you're better off trying to keep a low profile.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 am
Esiris
Everyone is saying call the cops- and if you feel like your life is in danger- Do it! But family dynamics aren't always that easy- sometimes abuse happens and there really is nothing you can do. In most states shoving a kid isn't assault, it's protected under the rights of a parent to parent how they want- wrong as it is, that's the law.

You mentioned he's a homophobe- so odds are that he's actually aroused by homosexuality and it frightens him. If you fear for your safety- please tell someone, talk to a teacher at school, a cop, a doctor- anyone! If not, then you're better off trying to keep a low profile.
Well considering here it isn't assault unless it leaves a mark and neither times it did.

Yea, he is a homophobe and I don't think its that. He told me 10+ times he'd simply punch a man in the mouth if they said he looked good and wasn't in the family. So simply I think he find it disgusting or stupid. Yea, I do go low profile a lot, but when I am trying to be like that, he thinks I had sex or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:40 am
Goodbye_Lullaby
This is abuse! Tell someone! And it's not for blow jobs, you can give blow jobs without a tounge peirceing! God why do there have to dicks like that in this world?
Actually it isn't, here its abuse if it leaves a mark. A stupid as that sounds its true. I have told teachers and called the cops. Oh I know right? I hate when people automatically think that. I mean some people just find piercings hot.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:41 am
kittycross
If he's homophobic, that's probably a factor, but abuse is abuse and you and you siblings don't deserve to have a dangerous and hostile person terrorizing you. Even if he's nice to your siblings, their still hurt worry and fear for you and feel the tension.

Also, I got my tongue pierced because I wanted a piece of metal shoved through it. Oral sex applications had nothing to do with my choice either.

Can't call the cops. It isn't abuse.
Yea, I think so to, but like I said before, it isn't abuse. The law here is that its abuse if it leaves a mark, and it never did. Also, he only yells at me and all that when my siblings aren't home. (Which is quite often)
Yea, my mother knows, but she nor I can do anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:58 am
Hmm that sounds like my realdad but he h beat the crap out of me (tried but failed cause of me mom) because of a shirt i had on that was "my brothers"when it was mine and i tried talkin to a councile but all tey did was call my mom twist my words and my mom tied to talk to my dad about it then he got even madder at me and threatened to kill me or kick me out if i told some one else and he almost found out i was gay twice and tht didnt go so well either but i say try to put up with it as long as you can untill you cant take it anymore which lucly fornmy dad hasent happened with me yet  

Aedicule

Miss Improper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 am
He is ignorant, and abusive. It might not be abuse that you can report to the police, but you need to tell someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 am
Fuuta De La Stella
kittycross

Can't call the cops. It isn't abuse.
Yea, I think so to, but like I said before, it isn't abuse. The law here is that its abuse if it leaves a mark, and it never did. Also, he only yells at me and all that when my siblings aren't home. (Which is quite often)
Yea, my mother knows, but she nor I can do anything.

You can try coaxing him into leaving a mark sweatdrop  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 am
I'd say your jerk of a step daddy is uring your gayness as an excuse to be even more cruel to you, which a sad and pathetic, by the way.

Before you call the cops (again?) try talking with each family member you trust first, what they think about it.

Your step dad's doing this because he knows he can pick on you. He knows that you can't do anything to him, or maybe he just sees you as a threat to the rest of the family, I don't know.

Are you able to move out soon? If the cops don't intervene, just try to ignore his antics. Don't let them get to you, it's what he wants, so don't give him the satisfication knowing that he threatens you.

Hope i somewhat helped?

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces