Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gay themed novels? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:06 pm
I've never heard of a novel involving whose plot revolves around a gay character. I think it would be an interesting read. Are their any out there? I'd be pleased to know some good ones. 4laugh heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:45 pm
ummm i know there a yaoi, to yaoi hinted books some of friends used to read before i was okay with all this. they said there were some really awsome stories. ummmm i read a series the eventually revolved around a princess who turned out to be lesbian (awsome series) ummmm not sure. lol my response to everything i dont know: GOOGLE mrgreen rofl  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:18 am
I've read a few! Rainbow High, which followed 3 guys' stories in their senior year of high school. It covered the flamboyant guy, the sport player, and the quiet one.
I also read Love Drugged, which was about a gay guy who wanted to date a girl, and her father had developed pills that would stop the homosexuality in his system. It wasn't too bad of a book.

If you search the website of your local library I'm sure you'll be able to find more!  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:45 am
There are a few that I know of.
Band Fags! and Drama Queers! are two books to a series, haven't read Drama Queers! yet but the first one made me cry. It's about two friends in the 70's going through school and finding out who they are.
I'm also writing one. It's called "Just Another Boy on Girl Love Story". It's about this LGBT school that was burnt down and now they're being forced to merge schools with a bunch of straight kids who HATE them all. I love the characters I've made and I hope I'll finish it one day :3

~L

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:51 am
Purple Twin-L
There are a few that I know of.
Band Fags! and Drama Queers! are two books to a series, haven't read Drama Queers! yet but the first one made me cry. It's about two friends in the 70's going through school and finding out who they are.
I'm also writing one. It's called "Just Another Boy on Girl Love Story". It's about this LGBT school that was burnt down and now they're being forced to merge schools with a bunch of straight kids who HATE them all. I love the characters I've made and I hope I'll finish it one day :3

~L

lol so do i!  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:28 am
This thread had some good suggestions.

One of my favourites is Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:14 am
Boy meets boy.

Aparently its good.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:17 am
So far Junjou Romantica(Pure Romance) is the best yaoi themed novel I have watched.  

Countervail

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:33 am
iLegoBlock
Boy meets boy.

Aparently its good.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 pm
"Band fags!"
"Drama Queers"

I forgot the author, but I enjoyed reading these books.  

MezzoPianoX

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:24 am
anne rice has a few good ones with gay or bisexual characters. just little sex xcenes here and there, nothing central to the plot for the most part  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:02 pm
MW. It's a Tezuka oneshot about a bisexual serial killer.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Hugel

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 am
iLegoBlock
Boy meets boy.

Aparently its good.
Oh that book was WONDERFUL!
It made me blush and feel for him.
I should read it again, it was such a good book and easy ready.

Also Luna (I think that's the name) was a good book. It was story about a male transgender and all his hardships. It was a beautifully written story.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 am
Look for something by Alexander Sanchez. It's easy to find yaoi, but I'll keep my eyes out in particular, for titles for you. I go to the book store at least once a week so it won't be any trouble. :]  

Kanu22

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:45 pm
I haven't read any of these, but their's Annie on my Mind, (forgot the author) and Kissing Kate by Lauren Myracle. Also one about two male penguins who raise an orphaned penguin chick together. I forget the title.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff