Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
totally stop attacks Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:45 pm
a way to totally stop attacks is to use Gravity bind, infinite dismissal, and vengeful bog spirit

lvl 4 and up monsters cant attack, and all lvl 3 and lowers are destroyed at the end of the turn. vengeful bog spirit makes it so monsters cant attack the turn they are summoned.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:53 pm
Set Ryko, play Mystical Space Typhoon, Giant Trunade, etc, etc, etc.

Bad, situational combo.  

Space Toad -B

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 pm
yea it's easy to stop, i didn't say it was a good strategy, just that it stopped attacks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:52 pm
Set spirit reaper. Done.  

Gravitational Molestation

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 pm
Set spirit reaper. Done.
was that with me or against me? what was the purpose of that?

spirit reaper dies when its targetted, youd play it and it would die immediately cause of vengeful bog spirit...

and setting it would only prolong that.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:19 pm
claru gardeford
Set spirit reaper. Done.
was that with me or against me? what was the purpose of that?

spirit reaper dies when its targetted, youd play it and it would die immediately cause of vengeful bog spirit...

and setting it would only prolong that.
Vengeful doesn't target, for one. For two, it's taking your three card ridiculous combination and putting into a single card. A single card that's easier to draw, search for, and is harder to destroy than your combination.  

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:22 pm
thank you about the not targetting thing i apologize, but spirit reaper can be destroyed just as easily by fissure.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:53 pm
or if you have dark door and scrap iron is a good stopper. I mean one attack per turn and its stopped by scarecrow. Plus your opponent would waste their spells and traps to stop your combo. Simple

Or just run morphtronics  

Renkaku

Aged Prophet

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm
Spirit Barrier, Marshmellon or just marshmellon lol  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 pm
claru gardeford
thank you about the not targetting thing i apologize, but spirit reaper can be destroyed just as easily by fissure.
No one runs Fissure.

Let's compare...
Spirit Reaper is killed by:
Mind Control
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Scrap Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Warning
Solemn Judgment
Mirror Force
Dark Hole
Icarus Attack
Dragunity Aklys

In the common meta.

Your combination of three cards?
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Scrap Dragon
Black Rose Dragon, which hits all three for a massive card advantage gain
Mystical Space Typhoon
Solemn Judgment
Icarus Attack
X-Saber Hyunlei
7 Tools of the Bandit
Dragunity Aklys

In the common meta. Ok, so pretty similar right? Sure. There's more on both sides but nothing really big worth mentioning. Fissure is not played in the game, basically, so not worth talking about.

Biggest thing to take from the lists are the three things that hit multiple cards at once; Icarus Attack, Hyunlei, and Black Rose Dragon. While I will only lose Spirit Reaper that was preventing their attacks, you will lose three cards. Two of those cards could have been something, basically anything, else that could help you win the game. You are filling up slots in your deck and potentially your resource pool (hand/field) for a triple card combination that has little chances of happening and little chances of being useful for more than MAYBE a turn.

Spirit Reaper > Vengeful Bog Spirit + Infinite Dismal + Gravity Bind  

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:01 pm
No where in this entire thread have i said that i have that combo in any of my decks. In fact i think i stated that it wasn't reliable it just did what i said.

icarus attack would only destroy 2 of the three cards whether it ruins the combo or not, and thats the only one of the cards you listed that would be in the deck this combo would go against.

also, what low level deck have you seen that runs hyunlei or black rose? Since this combo would only be used against those. And while you could just say "Nobody runs a low level deck" you cant tell me you have never played someone using one. if you haven't your not as knowledgeable as you seem to be.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:28 pm
claru gardeford
No where in this entire thread have i said that i have that combo in any of my decks. In fact i think i stated that it wasn't reliable it just did what i said.

icarus attack would only destroy 2 of the three cards whether it ruins the combo or not, and thats the only one of the cards you listed that would be in the deck this combo would go against.

also, what low level deck have you seen that runs hyunlei or black rose? Since this combo would only be used against those. And while you could just say "Nobody runs a low level deck" you cant tell me you have never played someone using one. if you haven't your not as knowledgeable as you seem to be.
The bolded is hilarious. Low level decks are nothing of my concern. I crush them and move on. Just like low level players. Obviously you are also implying that low level players have no desire to run Black Rose Dragon or Hyunlei. Apparently if you aren't top tier, you don't run them? Silly kid.

When did I say you use this combo? I called it "your combo" because YOU presented it. I've been cutting it apart and proving how bad it is and how Spirit Reaper is infinitely better. You just keep trying to say that Reaper isn't. Don't ask me why, you just do. Remember what I said about low level players?

Ahem, Vengeful Bog Spirit is the absolutely least effective of the three cards in your combination. So, Icarus would hit the other two. Done. You still wasted three cards in your main deck that do basically nothing to further your own position.

Given your ability to argue though, I'm certain you do run this in your decks.  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:37 pm
No one runs Fissure.
Huh, my name must've changed to "No One" while I wasn't looking.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 pm
brotherofAnubus
No one runs Fissure.
Huh, my name must've changed to "No One" while I wasn't looking.

Mine too...lol  

Suppressed-Demon

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 pm
My bad, no one -good- runs Fissure.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items