Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Tennessee Outlaws Gay Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 pm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:20 pm
I've been in and out of Tennessee, and It is a VERY Religious state. If there is one thing they CAN NOT stand, its something they believe that goes against what they think. Most of the Native Tenny's(My families nickname for them) that I have met are very bullheaded and don't think many things through.*

*I'm not saying all are like this, but the ones I have met are.  

Saturdays Tierce

Witty Informer

7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

BlueberryCondomBomb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 pm
WOAH WOAH WOAH
hell to the no  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm
And Tennessee wounders why so many states kinda look down on them...

it's crap like this and Hanana Montana that make us feel this way about you Tennessee!  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm
PROBABLY the most justified rant EVER
and the best comment on it:

"If you're going to use that argument, I'm pretty sure that nature never 'intended' air-conditioning, indoor plumbing, or computers. So I guess you should burn your house down and go hunt rabbits in the forest.  Just be careful not to use spears, bows and arrows, or any thing else unnatural."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 pm
sans-coeur13
PROBABLY the most justified rant EVER
and the best comment on it:

"If you're going to use that argument, I'm pretty sure that nature never 'intended' air-conditioning, indoor plumbing, or computers. So I guess you should burn your house down and go hunt rabbits in the forest.  Just be careful not to use spears, bows and arrows, or any thing else unnatural."

THIS is simply amazing smile  

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:29 pm
wiccan_sk8er
THIS is simply amazing smile

EXACTLY!!! this just made my day. i've always been wondering how to cancel out that "nature" argument!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 am
User Image  

etluhcs

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 pm
he's right when he says: "overseas they don't say oh look what the stupid tenesee people did, they say oh look what the stupid americans did." i'm not even overseas, i'm across the border in Canada. half of us are PISSED at everything going on there.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:15 pm
Is it really necessary to be using derogatory terms? It's a bit counter productive.

Either way, it's the Bible Belt. What do you expect?
Hopefully the younger generations (and older, open-minded generations) are progressive enough to fight it.  

Dante_Sonata

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:34 pm
This makes me feel really sad for the lgbt population there sad

I'ma catholic and I'm really ******** sick and tired of people using the bible as a weapon.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:36 pm
im Catholic too and i cant stand it if someone uses that as a weapon against me just because im gay.

those damn rednecks stare  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

milestaedet

Fashionable Rogue

12,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:15 pm
What Tennessee is doing is just another form of "self protection"

Government officials and other portions of the populous are afraid of what they don't (and refuse) to understand because they're unsure about even their own sexuality because most of them grew up in far more conservative times so what seems/feels strange to them is "wrong". People that push anti-homosexuality just don't understand that no matter what gender, the gender(s) someone is attracted to is COMPLETELY 100% NATURAL and needs to be accepted in this "tolerant and free" nation.

This gives me headaches.
Dumb old people.

Halting all discussion on homosexuality until high school can also have dangerous consequences on the youth. If a student is gay but can't talk about it until they reach high school, how much higher would the probability of them committing acts of self mutilation or even suicide increase?

I don't know the exact number, but too much.

* Also on the "tolerant and free" part. Homosexuality isn't something to be tolerated, but ACCEPTED.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 pm
o_e My family stopped at a highway diner for a quick stop there once.
>>; My mother tried to take my brother to the restroom, but couldn't find it.
She asked a waitress, but before she could answer my mother saw a black women go into something that seemed to be a restroom.
She said, "Oh. Never mind, I'll just follow her. :3"
The waitress looked at her like she was insane and said,
"Oh, I'm sorry mam, but those are their bathrooms..."
True f-king story. >>;
So I'm certainly not surprised at this, seeing as they haven't even integrated colors yet...

il Kaori li

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 pm
*sigh*
there goes tennessee, giving us southerners a bad reputation among americans again.....and giving americans a bad reputation to the world again.
it isnt all southerners.
its just like every other stupid thing, the actions of a few project a reputation over the majority.....and that usually means that though the majority are good people who do good things and are tolerant, the few idiots who raise Cain and cause trouble's actions are giving the rest of the good people a bad rep.

thanks alot tennessee, your mountains may be pretty, and some of your singers may be really good, but you just effed it up for the rest of the south.
we REALLY appreciate it >.>
--- A South Alabamian  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas