Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Back in the day. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:23 am
I understand that the game has evolved from what it used to be....But I do wonder.....What ever happened to the days where it required skill to hit the field with a blue-eyes white Dragon, Dark magician, or Red-Eyes B. Dragon?
because now, It's nothing to get big monsters out these days. I don't hate the changes. I honestly don't know where we would be without Synchro monsters, but I do miss the skill it used to take, and being impressed when a big monster hit the field.

So, is there anyone out there that understands what I'm saying??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:45 am
I Do.. I use flamesworn and the deck takes no brains to use or skills. I do look back to see decks that needed skills to be good not spam and win like the new sams.. and other decks.. its a shame but its nice at the same time.

The game is more interesting but more than ever bad players are becomeing good with the use of decks that play them selfs.  

Trick Master-haito-

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am
Trick Master-haito-
I Do.. I use flamesworn and the deck takes no brains to use or skills. I do look back to see decks that needed skills to be good not spam and win like the new sams.. and other decks.. its a shame but its nice at the same time.

The game is more interesting but more than ever bad players are becomeing good with the use of decks that play them selfs.

yeah, Noobs can pick up a blackwing, Dandy Warrior, OR froggy monarchs deck and automatically be "Good players". =P I, myself, am currently working on a Water deck with Neo-Daedalus. I'm trying to add some skill to an older deck that may also be able to keep up with some of the newer, younger decks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:25 am
Frognarks are so easy to build *face-palm* its just a shame. That`s good I`m just fooling around with Flamevealls and light-sworns as I wait for new cards.

I wish you the best of luck and hope it turns out. ^ ^  

Trick Master-haito-

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:33 am
Thank you! me too. And you, likewise, any of your own decks. =)

I faced a Frognarks the other day for the first time, believe it or not, And I was very upset over them....they were so easy that I almost cried!...In a sense. lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 am
There HAS to be more than us out there that feel this way! =P Anybody???  

Yusaru

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:45 am
I do understand too. Back in the day tribute summoning was already a huge effort and trap hole (the original one) and man-eater bug were quite nasty to deal with.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:50 am
zetricky
I do understand too. Back in the day tribute summoning was already a huge effort and trap hole (the original one) and man-eater bug were quite nasty to deal with.

Amen! And what took more skill than getting those cards on the field was finding a way to get those cards OFF the field!  

Yusaru

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:58 am
Yusaru
zetricky

Amen! And what took more skill than getting those cards on the field was finding a way to get those cards OFF the field!

Yush!!! I agree.You had to rely on cards like De-Spell, Remove Trap, and Trap Master.
That was like back in 2003. There were hardly any Archetype decks and you just put in any card you want. Such good memories! x3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 am
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky

Yush!!! I agree.You had to rely on cards like De-Spell, Remove Trap, and Trap Master.
That was like back in 2003. There were hardly any Archetype decks and you just put in any card you want. Such good memories! x3

good times. good times. I miss the days when Red Eyes and blue eyes along with dark magician were the most sought after cards!  

Yusaru

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:15 am
Yusaru
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky

good times. good times. I miss the days when Red Eyes and blue eyes along with dark magician were the most sought after cards!

Ya everyone would go buying a Starter Deck just to get those cards!
I think at that time Dark Hole and Raigeki were still legal for use too.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 am
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky

I think at that time Dark Hole and Raigeki was still legal for use too.

Yeah...It's like, "Hey, let's band some good but kinda cheap cards and start making good but REALLY cheap decks!! It's just wrong!  

Yusaru

shrab

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 am
i miss those days sad back then regardless of what deck someone had you had a chance to win because every deck wasnt either complete crap or the best thing ever. it was pretty damn equal. i miss that. now its just a bunch of high priced pieces of trash going around in decks that destroy every shred of originality in the game... but at least konami is making money right? and isnt that what really counts? but anyway going away from that obvious sarcasm. i use like only 1 of those plays itself decks and thats only if im playing someone with a like dandywarrior or some generic crap like that so ill have a chance but what i really like working on is the skull servants. i remember when it was just skull servant and then the king came out and i used both in a random zombie deck. they barely got used but i could pull it off sometimes. anyway and then lady in wight was coming out and i was like YESSSSSSSS! so i went and got that s**t. and now its like... waitwaitwait another skull servant!? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSx2! its still not perfect and certainly not fast enough to keep up with most decks but its fun so eh w/e... and yes im done ranting now and you read none of it so LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 am
Yusaru
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky

Yeah...It's like, "Hey, let's band some good but kinda cheap cards and start making good but REALLY cheap decks!! It's just wrong!

Very true!! xDDD
Hmm.. what else? Oh I remembered also that everyone would go forth attempting to summon the once "unbeatable" and "legendary" Blue-Eyes White Dragon and then later on would curse and get frustrated with a Dragon Capture Jar!! xDD
Come on! I bet there's more people there aside from us who can relate!!! scream  

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:43 am
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky
Yusaru
zetricky

Very true!! xDDD
Hmm.. what else? Oh I remembered also that everyone would go forth attempting to summon the once "unbeatable" and "legendary" Blue-Eyes White Dragon and then later on would curse and get frustrated with a Dragon Capture Jar!! xDD
Come on! I bet there's more people there aside from us who can relate!!! scream

Yeah! Where are you people! Now's the time for ranting! And like you said, Blue eyes was unbeatable in his day! Was Blue eyes not enough for you people of Shonen Jump!? you HAD to go and make weaker cards that play them selves!? WHERE"S YOUR DIGNITY!?!?!?!?  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff