Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
synchro or fusion? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 pm
which do you preffer sunchro or fusion? please explain your answer  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 pm
Definitely Synchros.
They're fast, powerful, and easy to bring out.

At least compared to Fusions, IMO.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 pm
ah but fusions you can do from graveyard hand deck field and even remove from play and there are plenty of very powerful fusions  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 pm
Ah, but it's less the ability to do those things, and more about the practicality.
You'd have to base your deck around them much more than you'd need to for Synchros; they can just be casual, if you'd like.

I will admit it's handy to fuse from the grave and hand, though.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 pm
well both decks you really have to base around them i mean you cant synchro without atleast 1 tuner and most sunchros use a certain tuner or kind of tuner and yes fusions you need the spell cards for but theres so many of them you can make a basic deck with them plus with elemental hero woodsmans effrect you can get polymerization to your hand easy plus theres always contact fusion with neo spacians and elemental hero neos  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 am
fayt91
well both decks you really have to base around them i mean you cant synchro without atleast 1 tuner and most sunchros use a certain tuner or kind of tuner and yes fusions you need the spell cards for but theres so many of them you can make a basic deck with them plus with elemental hero woodsmans effrect you can get polymerization to your hand easy plus theres always contact fusion with neo spacians and elemental hero neos

In a way, yes, but you don't need to base a deck around it to use tuners. With Fusions, it becomes much harder (IMO), especially because most Fusions require specific monsters, plus Polymerization or something similar.
Most Synchros don't need specific tuners OR non-tuners, only the specialized ones usually. Goyo, Stardust, and the like (some of the most powerful Synchros in the game) are moot about specifics.

And Elemental Heroes are not really a debate point; they're MADE to fuse. Thus, they're based around it.
At least, when done correctly.

I'm not saying I hate Fusions, but Syncros just seem to be generally better.
At least, that's my opinion.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 am
Fox Demon Shippo
fayt91

In a way, yes, but you don't need to base a deck around it to use tuners. With Fusions, it becomes much harder (IMO), especially because most Fusions require specific monsters, plus Polymerization or something similar.
Most Synchros don't need specific tuners OR non-tuners, only the specialized ones usually. Goyo, Stardust, and the like (some of the most powerful Synchros in the game) are moot about specifics.

And Elemental Heroes are not really a debate point; they're MADE to fuse. Thus, they're based around it.
At least, when done correctly.

I'm not saying I hate Fusions, but Syncros just seem to be generally better.
At least, that's my opinion.

yes i will agree synchros are powerful but look at the black wings or dargunity synchros they both call for certain ones so either way you need to base decks around ytuners and the like. and woodsman would be good in any fusion deck not just elemental hero ones.
lol this is a good debate  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:43 am
Cool!! Well I'm going for Fusions with this one.

A very good debate indeed. It's true that fusions require a deck to revolve around it and that synchros were naturally made to be summoned faster. But fusions don't always need their specific materials. You could use fusion substitutes most notably King of The Swamp.

You can't say that E-Heroes aren't much of a debate point. E-Heroes were made to fuse the same way synchro archetype decks (like the Warriors and the Blackwings) we're made to do synchro summoning.

Another thing that I have observed is that fusion-material monsters have naturally higher atk and def power than tuners meaning they could stand alone better compared to the latter. I know I'm suppose to be comparing fusion-materials with synchro materials and not tuners but tuners are the ones more essential in performing a synchro summon.

That is just my opinion though xD  

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:28 am
Synchro works in all decks that can incorporate at least 3 tuners, while fusion only works if you have the materials and the spells taking up space in your deck that could be better used for other things.

Contact fusion decks eliminated this spell-accumulation problem, while early hero decks and gemknights thrive on the added spells from good fusion monster effects.

Synchros though are easy to manage with all decks, have great support effects and generally good stats, while posing serious threats to opponents when brought out at the right time.

Decks now focus hard on swarming, and synchros compliment that nicely, while adding an extra incentive. Exceed monsters do that as well now that they're out.

All Level 3 deck for gravity bind, area B, big rank 3 monsters and level 6 synchros. Problem, players?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 pm
zetricky
You can't say that E-Heroes aren't much of a debate point. E-Heroes were made to fuse the same way synchro archetype decks (like the Warriors and the Blackwings) we're made to do synchro summoning.

True, I suppose you're right.

And, while Tuners tend to be weaker, a lot of the time they compensate by neat effects (aka Blacking Gale).

Also, what Labyrinth said.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 pm
many good points so the verdict pretty much is they are similarly equal they both have there advantages and there flaws. i asked this question cuz i cant decide on which i like more synchro or fusion and i still cant so i will just have both i have plenty of decks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:57 pm
OH tough choice, i like fusions cause they are nice, blue eyes ultimate lol.

but seriously i dunno with the few tuners and synchros i have in my deck ive been able to pull some pretty wicked stuff, but i do like fusing from the grave, deck, and much more. i guess for actual use ide go with synchro but my favorite out of the two ide say fusions  

TimithyEcho

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 pm
SOLIDNSNAKE

but seriously i dunno with the few tuners and synchros i have in my deck ive been able to pull some pretty wicked stuff, but i do like fusing from the grave, deck, and much more. i guess for actual use ide go with synchro but my favorite out of the two ide say fusions

elemental hero shining flare wingman is 10x better than beud  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:39 pm
fayt91
SOLIDNSNAKE

elemental hero shining flare wingman is 10x better than beud

im a blue eyes person so even though statistically its better, blue eyes ultimate is better to me ^.^  

TimithyEcho

fayt91

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:43 pm
lol ya i know i am to i just dont have either fusions  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items