Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gay Jokes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:25 pm
I was wondering what you guys think of gay/lesbian/bi/trans/pan jokes. Do they ever offend you? Are there some that are okay, but others that cross the line?

I was watching a video on YouTube, and, as usual, the highest rated comment was some joke about the dislike bar. However, this one really offended me for some reason. It was something to the extent of:
Quote:
The dislike bar is JB's (Justin Bieber's) p***s. It gets bigger when gays touch it.

It wasn't the fact that it was slamming Justin Bieber that was annoying, but the implication that anyone who pressed the dislike button was gay.

Anyway, I usually find lgbt jokes hilarious. It was just this one that seemed to cross the line for me, mostly because of how it sounded like it would be read aloud.
What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 pm
I will admit I do laugh at a few gay jokes but I am staight. I don't understand entirely what gay's go through.  

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

Dante_Sonata

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm
If I got offended by every gay joke I heard, I'd be in some deep s**t.
Our state may have legalized gay marriage, but there's still a lot of religious fanatics that are opposed, and a lot of old farmers that like to pass around bawdy jokes. I've heard gay, sexist, and lewd jokes all my life. It's run of the mill anymore.
Besides, I'm damn hard to offend. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:44 pm
Hell I'm bi and i'll make them and most of my friends are bi or gay and they make them. We make fun of ourselves. its what we do.  

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

darbear94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:31 pm
okay im straight and that pissed ME off so thats jsut too far  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:43 pm
I'm not the type who is easily offended, so gay jokes don't bother me that much.  

bollier

airforce_freak6678

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 pm
I don't get offended, and I dont mind the jokes, I am Bi, and like TheLostAngel-Mika me and my friends make fun of ourselves all the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 pm
it's best to laugh at yourself b/c thats gona cause emotional problems later if you dont. i enjoy a good joke  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:30 am
im lame and really love it when people make jokes about my orientation. i also make gay jokes too.

most of the people who i see get offended by people always saying thats so gay and people making gay jokes are straight people

if someone tells me im gay for doesing something it just makes me want to do it even more.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:53 am
I enlisted into the Navy recently, (Actually, back in september) so I hear a lot of gay jokes. I take them all in stride, I don't get easily offended, despite the fact that I'm straight. Here's one of my favorites:

A salior gets into port really late. And when he gets into the hotel, the manager tells him that there are no rooms left. The sailor begs and begs, saying he'll do anything for a room. The manager sighs and says that there is a double room available, but he'd have to share it with an Air Force guy. The problem is that the manager has been getting complaints from nearby rooms because the Air Force guys snores so loudly. The sailor imediately agrees to share the room and says that he'll be fine with the snoring. The next morning, the sailor comes down looking bright eyed and bushy tailed. When the manager asks him how he slept, the sailor replies that it was the best sleep he'd had in months. The manager is confused and asks how the sailor dealt with the snoring problem. The sailor replies that it wasn't hard, when he went into the room, the Air Force guy was already asleep. So he went over to the sleeping airman, kissed him on the cheek, and whispered "Goodnight handsome." before going to bed. The airman stayed up all night watching him...  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

GodIsNotReal101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:18 am
Jonstalker, i think that one is fine because it's not an offensive joke. I dont mind gay jokes as long as there is no hate behind it. If its to hurt feelings or said in a way that makes gay people sound bad, i get pissed off. If it's just for fun and it doesn't hurt anyone gay around us, its fine.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:24 am
I'm Bisexual and I don't really get offended at Gay/bisexual etc jokes, I find them actually funny (because there are some really good ones out there) heart

As long as they are not offensive and hurtful in nature I'm ok with them, I only get angry when someone is being a sexist/homophobic a-hole and makes the jokes sound extremely degrading (because we all know some people do that). Then the joke is not funny but offensive.  

Gaara_evil_cookie

Scurvy Raider

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Devon Dioxxa

1,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:29 am
I am gay and for the most part I really don't mind them if they are meant in fun. When they are said in hate is when I get pissed off and about to cut a b***h lol.

One my friends and I made up about a "straight" guy we know.

"He's so far in the closet he missed the turn to Narnia and ended up in the room of requirement."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:53 am
The is the only time that has made me annoyed. I do usually find gay jokes funny though.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 pm
I don't find the joke in the OP funny, but I don't find it offensive, either.

Some jokes are funny in certain contexts, and awkward in others. Depends on the joke, and the context in which it's told. There are very few jokes that outright offend me, though.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff