Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Any pansexuals here? Anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelai_Caberin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:02 pm
If having homosexual feelings is the minority, than evidently being pansexual is the minority of that. I have only spoken to one other pan in my life in the Gaia GLBTQ thread.

Anyone else here identify as pansexual? Or even know what it is?

Quote:
Pansexuals differ from bisexuals in that they are attracted to not just men and women, but also transgendered, androgynous and gender fluid persons.

"Pansexuals have the capability of attraction to others regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. A pansexual could be open to someone who is male, female, transgender, intersex, or agendered/genderqueer." - Queers United, Diversity Lesson 101: Pansexuality

"Pansexuality is attraction on a more spiritual level, one might say, and focuses on who the target of affection is, rather than "what," as do other sexualities." - Urban Dictionary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:42 pm
I suppose I could be considered pansexual since I have been attracted to MTF transgendered people before in the past. Honestly, I look into the person and I have to click with them. I think that's more important than gender. cool  

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 pm
I suppose you could consider me a pansexual.

~L

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:53 pm
I consider myself as pansexual, because of my love for people and not just boys and/or girls. I'm someone who admires inner beauty than gender.  

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

Aristocratic Views

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 pm
I am one  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 pm
3Amaranth13
I consider myself as pansexual, because of my love for people and not just boys and/or girls. I'm someone who admires inner beauty more than gender.

Koecia

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 pm
User Image

I am!

At one point I thought I was bisexual, as I've only felt attraction for either men or women, but when I found out what pansexuality was, I felt that I identify with that orientation more than I do bisexual, which is limited to the gender binary.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 am
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

I am!

At one point I thought I was bisexual, as I've only felt attraction for either men or women, but when I found out what pansexuality was, I felt that I identify with that orientation more than I do bisexual, which is limited to the gender binary.

User Image

Thats how it was for me as well. 3nodding  

Kelai_Caberin

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm
I'm here. 3nodding
When asked, I tend to go by bisexual simply because nobody knows what a pansexual is, and I don't feel like explaining it. Around people who know about pansexuality (generally LGBT, I want to believe everyone knows), I'm pan.

For the record, I don't quite view transsexuals into "outside of gender binary", since - being one myself - I don't judge a person's sex to match their genitals, and therefore, view transpeople as sex A/B with a birth defect affecting their genitalia. Much like with a man who lost his p***s in an accident or a woman whose v****a was removed due to cancer, they are still men and women to me, without the usual genitalia.
I'm pansexual because I can also be attracted to genderless people and benders, and basically just can't be arsed with the physical sexual traits of the person that much.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:07 pm
Kelai_Caberin
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

I am!

User Image

Thats how it was for me as well. 3nodding

Me too smile  

The Ever-Changing Me

Kelai_Caberin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:15 pm
Chakatai Khan

For the record, I don't quite view transsexuals into "outside of gender binary", since - being one myself - I don't judge a person's sex to match their genitals, and therefore, view transpeople as sex A/B with a birth defect affecting their genitalia. Much like with a man who lost his p***s in an accident or a woman whose v****a was removed due to cancer, they are still men and women to me, without the usual genitalia.
I'm pansexual because I can also be attracted to genderless people and benders, and basically just can't be arsed with the physical sexual traits of the person that much.

Hmm, I like your view on that. I've learned my life-lesson for the day 3nodding
(sparklesparkle)
I haven't really taken into consideration the trans aspect because it's not really in my life, but I consider myself "genderqueer" so I'm accepting of/attracted to the people who don't fit the gender binary.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:33 pm
not one personally, but i came across quite a few in the introductory thread  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 pm
Kelai_Caberin
Chakatai Khan

Hmm, I like your view on that. I've learned my life-lesson for the day 3nodding
(sparklesparkle)
I haven't really taken into consideration the trans aspect because it's not really in my life, but I consider myself "genderqueer" so I'm accepting of/attracted to the people who don't fit the gender binary.

Haha. I was afraid I came off too bitchy about it as that wasn't my purpose, but it was hard to put in any other form, lol.
I find androgynous and mix-'n-match type of people actually quite charming, usually more so than people falling (too) strictly into the binary.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 am
im pansexual but i hate calling myself pan because of how many annoying people also call themselves pansexual, plus i hate explaining what it is all the time so i just call myself bi

the only reason im pan though is because i really just dont care about gender at all and dont care about sex too much either. its not that im open, its just that i dont care  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know a few pansexuals in the LD, actually.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff