Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Forbidden List and What you would take off of it Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm
Okay, here's the deal. We all have one or more cards that we would love to see unbanned. So name one card from the Forbidden List that you would slip into the Limited List and name the reasons why. And no, children, "Because I want it to be" is not a reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 pm
Move Pot of Greed to 1, just so that people who have the common Pot of Greeds can improve their decks, without spending so much for a pot of duality...though i think duality wouldd drop dramatically in price if greed were to come back...  

Tsukinoki

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:43 am
I wouldnt like anything taken off for the most part, I like the challenge of making a great deck with new cards. BUT! if I have to pick 1 card I would pick
DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS! FTW biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 am
Goyo Guardian, it is a good card and my friend really likes it.  

DracoxisDiamond

Witty Nerd

25,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 am
Magician of faith.

Mask of darkness is at 3 right now, which doesn't make sense to me. You're saying we can re-use mirror force or magic cylinder, but bringing a spell back at the cost of a low level monster is no good. What gives?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:03 pm
Because spells can be used immediately which opens the door for combos that abuse that(I believe 1 involved tsukiyomi and magician of faith)  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Pot of Greed, I hear that it isn't banned in a few countries and draw 2 for the cost of nothing is the most common TCG effect.

Goyo Guardian shouldn't be on there either. Its an okay card, but its nothing it a stall/burn deck.

Magician of faith should have been semi-limited three years ago. Reusing spell isn't much of a big deal. Mask of Darkness is just as broken and you can bluff your opponent with easily. All you do is take one trap that is a real bother, like mirror wall, and set another trap like cylinders.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 am
Tsukinoki
Move Pot of Greed to 1, just so that people who have the common Pot of Greeds can improve their decks, without spending so much for a pot of duality...though i think duality wouldd drop dramatically in price if greed were to come back...
Pot of Greed dictates the capability of not one deck, but all. The game is then based on who can draw what first, and no, Pot of Duality would actually increase in price if this limitation were made.

The_Wanderer_Samurai
I wouldnt like anything taken off for the most part, I like the challenge of making a great deck with new cards. BUT! if I have to pick 1 card I would pick
Dark Magician of Chaos is also a field dictator providing whatever Spell source you would want upon summon, in this format, that would be Dark Hole and Monster Reborn. Keep it banned.

DracoxisDiamond
Goyo Guardian is banned for a very simple reason, and people don't often recognize simple reasons for why these decisions are made.

Goyo Guardian, itself, is broken.

Every mechanical element to Goyo Guardian is like Paris Hilton was given the largest diamond in the world. A Level 6 Synchro, easily accessible in anything, with a 2800 attack - catastrophically high for its Level, complimented with a good 2000 defense, and an ability that does nothing but take advantage of its absurd attack and easy access to Level 6 in early-to-mid game.

A successful drop means everything is on your side of the field.

Labyrinthknight7
Magician of faith.

Mask of darkness is at 3 right now, which doesn't make sense to me. You're saying we can re-use mirror force or magic cylinder, but bringing a spell back at the cost of a low level monster is no good. What gives?
Read my reason on Dark Magician of Chaos, minus the attack, but faster.

Mask of Darkness is irrelevant, because in nature of how they're played, Trap cards are outdone by Spells. They activate at a faster rate, and the effects tend to be more devastating.
Shahal Rainrix
Pot of Greed, I hear that it isn't banned in a few countries and draw 2 for the cost of nothing is the most common TCG effect.

Goyo Guardian shouldn't be on there either. Its an okay card, but its nothing it a stall/burn deck.

Magician of faith should have been semi-limited three years ago. Reusing spell isn't much of a big deal. Mask of Darkness is just as broken and you can bluff your opponent with easily. All you do is take one trap that is a real bother, like mirror wall, and set another trap like cylinders.

1. Pot of Greed is not legal, anywhere. The list is GLOBAL, meaning it's followed everywhere in the world.

2. Read my previous comment on Goyo Guardian. What decks you could end up facing are irrelevant, because you won't summon Goyo Guardian against such decks anyway.

3. Read my commend on Magician of Faith/Dark Magician of Chaos. Mask of Darkness is nowhere near as good.  

Space Toad -B

DracoxisDiamond

Witty Nerd

25,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:00 pm
Mustard Like Soup
Tsukinoki
Pot of Greed dictates the capability of not one deck, but all. The game is then based on who can draw what first, and no, Pot of Duality would actually increase in price if this limitation were made.

The_Wanderer_Samurai
Dark Magician of Chaos is also a field dictator providing whatever Spell source you would want upon summon, in this format, that would be Dark Hole and Monster Reborn. Keep it banned.

DracoxisDiamond
Goyo Guardian is banned for a very simple reason, and people don't often recognize simple reasons for why these decisions are made.

Goyo Guardian, itself, is broken.

Every mechanical element to Goyo Guardian is like Paris Hilton was given the largest diamond in the world. A Level 6 Synchro, easily accessible in anything, with a 2800 attack - catastrophically high for its Level, complimented with a good 2000 defense, and an ability that does nothing but take advantage of its absurd attack and easy access to Level 6 in early-to-mid game.

A successful drop means everything is on your side of the field.

Labyrinthknight7
Magician of faith.

Read my reason on Dark Magician of Chaos, minus the attack, but faster.

Mask of Darkness is irrelevant, because in nature of how they're played, Trap cards are outdone by Spells. They activate at a faster rate, and the effects tend to be more devastating.
Shahal Rainrix

1. Pot of Greed is not legal, anywhere. The list is GLOBAL, meaning it's followed everywhere in the world.

2. Read my previous comment on Goyo Guardian. What decks you could end up facing are irrelevant, because you won't summon Goyo Guardian against such decks anyway.

3. Read my commend on Magician of Faith/Dark Magician of Chaos. Mask of Darkness is nowhere near as good.
This isn't about why the cards were banned, it's about what we would like to be able to use again.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:23 pm
DracoxisDiamond
This isn't about why the cards were banned, it's about what we would like to be able to use again.
You were also supposed to support your reason why, instead of just throwing it up in the air.

Your reason for Goyo Guardian was, "because it's a good card and my friend likes it". Tells us nothing, too bad.

TheMalefic player said nothing but "FTW" for Dark Magician of Chaos, again, nothing.

Tsukinoki suggested Pot of Greed for economic purposes, and that's good samaritan and all, but completely irrelevant. Ignoring Shahal Rainrix's part on Pot of Greed, but will note his reason is bad for Magician of Faith.

See, my job here, is to give you guys that reality check about how stupid and/or terrible you are. And what a job it is.

And if ANY CREW wants to delete my post, again, with or without my know-how, I am more than willing to play this game with you.  

Space Toad -B

Claus Iver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:02 am
I'd like to see Makyura the Destructor come back at atleast 1. Why? Besides the interesting potential with the trap monsters, it'd just be fun to see how it would change the game. Not sure if it would actually change the game too much at this point but it'd be a nice learning experience.
To sum up why, I don't know why and that is why.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 am
Claus Iver
Makyura the Destructor
Absolutely not.  

Space Toad -B

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:26 am
i want to see... umm, damn they're all pretty broken. maybe tsukuyomi. with the whole thousand eyes restrict thing deck dead as dust (dust being dead skin cells) i don't see why they cant experiment with it. maybe move it to one to see how it works before anything else.

and tribe infecting virus. i think it should go back to one, 1600 attack isn't a big deal, and most decks now days dont use one type. those that do are just screwed then though.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff