Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Side decks: good or bad Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:07 pm
people been saying if side decks are good or bad, side decks are to help you (if you use one) if you draw a crappy card at the time you really need a good card. people will say having a side is good and others will say it is bad. its your pick what you want to do.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:26 pm
That's absolutely right; it's your choice to suck so hard by ignoring something as fundemental as a side-deck. It's also your choice to lose every serious competition you get yourself in, or casual for that matter, until the only opponents you can beat are 4 year olds who get confused and start crying because they don't know how to summon.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:41 pm
side decks are good.

A side deck is a stack of cards used to modify your deck during round 2 and/or 3 of any match duel in order to get an edge on your opponant's deck. it has nothing to do with having a weak deck. if your deck was that weak in the first place, why the ******** are you putting the good cards in the side deck? hrmm? side decks are for cards that normally wouldn't work against every opponant, although some oft he cards in there may completely destroy other decks.

for example, would you main deck consecrated light? hell no, not everyone uses a deck full of dark monsters. it'll only waste space. therefore, it goes in the side deck, and gets put into the main deck during round 2 and/or 3 of a match against a player who has an all dark deck.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
side decks are to help you (if you use one) if you draw a crappy card at the time you really need a good card.
That is not the reason for a side deck. At all. Not drawing a good card is dependent on appropriate statistics and proper shuffling, and has absolutely nothing to do with the side deck or vice-versa.

You are so bad at this game.  

Space Toad -B

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:57 pm
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
side decks are to help you (if you use one) if you draw a crappy card at the time you really need a good card.
That is not the reason for a side deck. At all. Not drawing a good card is dependent on appropriate statistics and proper shuffling, and has absolutely nothing to do with the side deck or vice-versa.

um no im not, I been to tornaments without a side deck and got in the top 20, people thought because I didnt have a side deck I would lose fast, I blew their minds.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai

um no im not, I been to tornaments without a side deck and got in the top 20, people thought because I didnt have a side deck I would lose fast, I blew their minds.
Yeah?

No. You're terrible.  

Space Toad -B

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:03 pm
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai

Yeah?

No. You're terrible.

w/e you say and the winner didnt even have a side deck, you can play with ur side deck, im sticking to not having one, everyone can yell at me all they want.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai

Yeah?

No. You're terrible.

w/e you say and the winner didnt even have a side deck, you can play with ur side deck, im sticking to not having one, everyone can yell at me all they want.
Not interested in who won your shitty tournaments. Top 20 is terrible by the way.

And so you know, side decks aren't public information. You play game 1 and declare you're siding for game 2, no one looks at you and goes, "THAT f*****t DOESN'T HAVE A SIDE DECK!", nor is it up to you to even tell them.

So, keep up the effort in trying to show how "good" you are.

You're terrible.  

Space Toad -B

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:07 pm
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai
Mustard Like Soup
The_Wanderer_Samurai

Yeah?

No. You're terrible.

Agreed. A proper side deck isn't an assortment of random cards as some assholes would think, rather it's 0-15 cards kept seperate from the main deck meant to cover weaknesses in the main deck. No deck is so good that it would have absolutely no weakness; a properly built deck can have FEW weaknesses, but none have no weakness.

A side deck is composed to switch out with some of the main deck in match plays found in tournaments and most casual games, to counterattack and comeback from a possible loss.

No amount of arguing you could ever do, and please trust everyone on this to avoid looking like a complete idiot when everyone proves you wrong and you come crying back here, but no amount of arguing will ever make a side deck NOT useful.

Every good duelist has a side deck, and many shitty duelists think they're so amazing that they can get by without one. NOBODY CAN. There's a positive correlation between having a side deck (one that functions as it should, not haphazardly assorted), and success. LEARN THIS NOW.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 pm
I am not a fan of side decks, as if you make a deck make it ready for anything in the first place instead of using your side deck to fix your problems.

A side deck to me is a excuse to swap card in and out that don`t work as you expected when a enemy plays something(deck) you normally cant counter. so you swap cards in and try again but this time your swap can mess you up as a deck should have mutable ways of winning and if you lose once way what is the chance that this time around your old un swapped deck would of had a better chance of winning. Highly.

Or on a side note.. I don`t use one never have , and I have had my wins and losses but I still say a side deck wont be too effective when it messes up your deck and how it`s used normally.  

Poison To The Heart

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:15 pm
No deck can beat every single type of deck on its own. that's why you have a side deck that has cards that will help you counter decks that you might encounter. If your deck focuses on S/T removal and your opponent uses barely any s/t's then you should have a back-up strategy in your side deck to change the focus around.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 pm
if people want to yell at me for not making a side deck I will for my paradox deck, that way I can summon my cards easy  

iiShinichi_Kudo

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:17 pm
Poison To The Heart
I am not a fan of side decks, as if you make a deck make it ready for anything in the first place instead of using your side deck to fix your problems.
Inconsistency is also terrible.

Why have to cram everything in the main deck to try and handle all of your problems, when you can be smart and keep your main deck streamlined for what it's supposed to do and adjust accordingly if/when necessary?

That is how you win games consistently. Not the garbage you and the OP spit out.

Side decks are a strategical point to the game, it in no way means your main deck is weak.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm
The_Wanderer_Samurai
if people want to yell at me for not making a side deck I will for my paradox deck, that way I can summon my cards easy
Wut?  

Space Toad -B

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 pm
Poison To The Heart

A side deck to me is a excuse to swap card in and out that don`t work as you expected when a enemy plays something(deck) you normally cant counter. so you swap cards in and try again but this time your swap can mess you up as a deck should have mutable ways of winning and if you lose once way what is the chance that this time around your old un swapped deck would of had a better chance of winning. Highly.

If your deck didn't work the first time against an opponent, the chances it will work a second time is probably very minimum. When you build a deck, you build with the side deck in mind. That way when you switch out cards, you're not losing any win conditions.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff