Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Exceed Monsters Confirmed Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 am
We all knew this was on its way - Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, the new series taking place after the conclusion of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. And with it, the new Monster mechanic known as Exceed Monsters.

Today, we've received confirmation on how they will work, and a full confirmation on the first ever Exceed Monster - effect and all.

Exceed Monsters, like Fusion and Synchro Monsters, will be kept in the Extra Deck. They follow the same appearance as the Dark Synchro Monsters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series. They are black, and instead of a "Level", Exceed Monsters have a "Rank" which extends from the left side of the card.

The mechanic is the same as first confirmed. When you have two Monsters of equal Level, you may then perform an Exceed Summon, placing the Exceed Monster onto the Field from your Extra Deck, and then the Monsters are used as an overlay. Now we look at our first Exceed Monster, coming in the Starter Deck 2011, to see there is relevance with the overlay for its effect.

No. 39, Aspiring King Hope
LIGHT / Warrior - Exceed - Effect / Rank 4 / 2500 Atk / 2000 Def
2 Level 4 Monsters
When a Monster declares an attack, activate by removing one Exceed Material Monster from this card. The attack is negated. When this card is selected as an attack target with no Exceed Material Monsters, destroy this card.

Starter Deck 2011

Discuss this card, and the future of Exceed Summon.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 pm
it's kinda wierd. i don't think they'll replace synchros, but they might get popular as more support come sout, just like synchros did.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

greenman007

Romantic Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 pm
i personally don't like the idea. it just seems too weird. plus i feel like it's too soon after just adding Synchro Summoning so recently. that's just my opinion. i just don't feel like it fits  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm
I dunno, I kinda like it.
The monsters do away with levels, aside from summoning conditions, and the effects are similar to a loaded gun with limited ammo.
Effects to support exceed can possibly refill, but I can't wait to expirement with these.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 pm
Labyrinthknight7
I dunno, I kinda like it.
The monsters do away with levels, aside from summoning conditions, and the effects are similar to a loaded gun with limited ammo.
Effects to support exceed can possibly refill, but I can't wait to expirement with these.

Pic re-added

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm
The idea isn't to overrun Synchros, or to move away from Synchros, but to balance them.

Synchros are phenomenal. They have great effects, and the attainable summoning conditions are also great. Sometimes, they're abused.

The flaw of Synchros is that Konami kept developing one way after another that their methods of field presence are easily obtainable, and almost as easily repeated. The quantity of Synchros the game sees in play is to nearly absurd amounts.

Enter, Exceed Monsters.
• They take up space in the Extra Deck, further limiting your Synchro choices, more than you would playing Elemental Her Absolute Zero or Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.
• The first one, Hope, gives us a look at an interesting and playable effect for a reasonable condition. Two attack negates, on top of a solid 2500/2000 body.
• The material monsters are used as overlay, which puts a yield sign on the often-abused Graveyard pool created by Synchro Monsters.
• Exceed Monsters do not have a Level, but a Rank, preventing them from being used for Synchro or Ritual Materials themselves.

Exceed Monsters are taking part of what Ritual and Fusion Monsters cannot - intertwine. They can't blend in a healthy way, except for Gladiator Beasts, because their summoning conditions are poorly designed. Exceed Monsters can balance the use of Synchros by requiring space in the Extra Deck, while having decent effects in comparison, at the benefit of an easier summoning requirement than the aforementioned Ritual and Fusion Monsters.

Let's start looking at everything as a whole.  

Space Toad -B

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Mustard Like Soup
The idea isn't to overrun Synchros, or to move away from Synchros, but to balance them.

Synchros are phenomenal. They have great effects, and the attainable summoning conditions are also great. Sometimes, they're abused.

The flaw of Synchros is that Konami kept developing one way after another that their methods of field presence are easily obtainable, and almost as easily repeated. The quantity of Synchros the game sees in play is to nearly absurd amounts.

Enter, Exceed Monsters.
• They take up space in the Extra Deck, further limiting your Synchro choices, more than you would playing Elemental Her Absolute Zero or Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.
• The first one, Hope, gives us a look at an interesting and playable effect for a reasonable condition. Two attack negates, on top of a solid 2500/2000 body.
• The material monsters are used as overlay, which puts a yield sign on the often-abused Graveyard pool created by Synchro Monsters.
• Exceed Monsters do not have a Level, but a Rank, preventing them from being used for Synchro or Ritual Materials themselves.

Exceed Monsters are taking part of what Ritual and Fusion Monsters cannot - intertwine. They can't blend in a healthy way, except for Gladiator Beasts, because their summoning conditions are poorly designed. Exceed Monsters can balance the use of Synchros by requiring space in the Extra Deck, while having decent effects in comparison, at the benefit of an easier summoning requirement than the aforementioned Ritual and Fusion Monsters.

^This  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm
Labyrinthknight7
Pic re-added

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm loving this already.

The picture is pretty ******** bad-a**.  

Space Toad -B

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 pm
Personally, I plan on making these work with Sabers.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 pm
Mustard Like Soup

Enter, Exceed Monsters.

when you put it like that, i guess i could get used to that. i guess i'll just wait and see  

greenman007

Romantic Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 pm
My predictions (I'm willing to bet money on):

1.) In Yugioh ZEXAL, the plot will be focused on time-travel. I say this because the first series of Yugioh (including series 0) focused on the past. Yugioh GX chose to focus on the present. Yugioh 5Ds is focused on the future.

2.) Halfway through this series, they will introduce a new type of exceed (my guess is it being called chain exceed, branch exceed, or promotion exceed), just as the GX era introduced the new fusion, contact fusion, and 5Ds introduced accel synchro. I'm thinking original Yugioh might have introduced either level monsters (silent swordsman AND magician) or ritual as intent to evolve gameplay.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm
Labyrinthknight7
My predictions (I'm willing to bet money on):

1.) In Yugioh ZEXAL, the plot will be focused on time-travel. I say this because the first series of Yugioh (including series 0) focused on the past. Yugioh GX chose to focus on the present. Yugioh 5Ds is focused on the future.

2.) Halfway through this series, they will introduce a new type of exceed (my guess is it being called chain exceed, branch exceed, or promotion exceed), just as the GX era introduced the new fusion, contact fusion, and 5Ds introduced accel synchro. I'm thinking original Yugioh might have introduced either level monsters (silent swordsman AND magician) or ritual as intent to evolve gameplay.

I like the sound of chain exceed.

Exceed that need two Exceed to be summoned.  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 pm
A funny thought:

Suddenly Marauding Captain becomes the single most sought after card in the game

Marauding -> Marauding -> Rank 3 Exceed -> Exceed Energy -> The Wariror Returning Alive  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 pm
Or Deepsea King coelcanth or whatever the ******** it's called.

So, ********, psyched. Gorgeous posts Mustard.  

Gravitational Molestation

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm
I was actually thinking Nimble Momonga, or maybe even Giant Germ  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items