Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Banlist Predictions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 am
It's that time of year again, when Konami starts gathering all their data on the big tournaments and decides which decks to cripple. Post what you think will be added, changed or removed from the list for the month of march.

This topic is just for fun, and in no way is meant to reflect the actual list. any reflections are purely coincidently.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 am
edited due to good reasons provided by Mustard Like Soup.

Axe's Predictions
Changed:
Forbidden:
Monster Reborn (Never should have been unbanned)
Cold Wave (Broken as ******** Storm (wishful thinking)
Lonefire Blossom (normal summon a level 8 beater, a level 1 reusable tuner, or a token spamming nitemare. this card is abuseable)
Semi-Limited:
Mind Control (Semi-limited because people miss brain control)
Debris Dragon (Makes Dandy and snowman eater broken)

Added:
Forbidden: (none)
Limited:
Gateway of the Six (although new to japan, it's Six sam's main engine, gonna get hit sooner or later, i'm hoping sooner)
Semi-Limited:
Solemn Warning (lets face it, two is all you really need, and 3 is just broken)
Pot of Duality (Konami hates good, easy to use in any deck, draw power)

Removed: (none)  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 am
I get all of them but snowmaneater, plaease explain.

As for mine, I'm thinking with new stall measures (I'm talking about the cheap alternative to battlefader), Final countdown should be down to 1 (it's easy to search even then with OoGL).

With scraps taking big game, some of the bigger combo starters might be semi'd or even limited.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:47 am
axean
Axe's Predictions
Changed:
Forbidden:
Monster Reborn (Never should have been unbanned) Agreed.
Cold Wave (Broken as ********> Agreed.
Limited:
Dandylion (never should have gone to two) Dandylion is pretty healthy in the game as it stands. On its own, it's no terror, and at 1 it's nonexistent. In opinion of course, the balance must be dealt to the key components that make Dandylion noteworthy in its new meta, by providing a semi-limitation on Debris Dragon and a limitation on Lonefire Blossom. Limiting Dandylion itself, however, will just eliminate another deck from a meta that's becoming decently diverse.
Heavy Storm (not that broken, it's like dark hole afterall) Some agree, and some don't, and this will probably be the largest of all discussions. However, it gone is a good thing in more than one aspect. Punishing the players who overextend is completely one-sided for you, and the enormous counters to the card don't just make it fair, it turns the game state into a one-sided situation against you. either you play the card and everything is now against you, or all the decks that have been able to flourish with it gone disappear. Either case is unhealthy for the game. Simply trade the Cold Wave for a third Mystical Space Typhoon and be done with it.
Semi-Limited:
Mind Control (Semi-limited because people miss brain control) Agreed.

Added:
Forbidden: (none)
Limited:
Gateway of the Six (although new to japan, it's Six sam's main engine, gonna get hit sooner or later, i'm hoping sooner) Has to be done to control the thunderstorm.
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai (just an annoying card) Yet the limitation makes no sense. You can only have one on the field at a time. All decks with the release of Legendary Six Samurai play only one Grandmaster. It literally does nothing.
XX-Saber Dark Soul (japan finally has it, now they shall relize the true terror of darksoul and limit this ********> The deck is now nonexistent in TCG, and never existed in OCG. X-Sabers won't see punishment.
Semi-Limited:
Solemn Warning (lets face it, two is all you really need, and 3 is just broken) Three in a game, and you pretty much have the game, or you're punishing yourself. I agree on this one, for overuse and abuse purposes.
Snowman Eater (japan just got this too, and on a local level, this thing wrecks people) The banned list isn't dependent on a social level, but what dictates the game as a whole. If you want to see what the best is and why, you go to a tournament, not your friend's house or the shop down the block. If they want to get over Snowman Eater, then learn how to play. Not Konami's problem.
Pot of Duality (Konami hates draw power) Not true. Hand Destruction, Trade-In, etc., etc. all exist. And like these, Pot of Duality provides a reasonable amount of trade-off for the draw. It's fairly balanced all-in-all, but I'm looking for the semi-limitation for the same reason as Solemn Warning.

Removed: (none)

Space Toad -B

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 am
Labyrinthknight7
I get all of them but snowmaneater, plaease explain.

As for mine, I'm thinking with new stall measures (I'm talking about the cheap alternative to battlefader), Final countdown should be down to 1 (it's easy to search even then with OoGL).

With scraps taking big game, some of the bigger combo starters might be semi'd or even limited.

1900 defense wall, pops opponants monsters when flipped face up, even by attack, and is level 3, making gungir usable in plant decks thanks to debris dragon. it's a really good card.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:58 am
@Mustard: I guess those are good explanations. but i still think heavy storm will come back, sure when played right it's a harpie's feather duster, but so is dark hole akin to Raigeki when played right. Heavy storm could end up in banlist limbo, constantly beig traded between forbidden and limited even.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:48 am
The difference is that Heavy Storm is an OTK enabler to a massively higher extent than Dark Hole. Why? Because when you swarm your monsters will do the Dark Holing for you. They'll crush the monster side of your opponent's field.

This is one of the reasons I think it'll stay banned.

Mind Control to two, ******** no. I will Scrap you all day.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:51 am
The difference is that Heavy Storm is an OTK enabler to a massively higher extent than Dark Hole. Why? Because when you swarm your monsters will do the Dark Holing for you. They'll crush the monster side of your opponent's field.

This is one of the reasons I think it'll stay banned.

Mind Control to two, ******** no. I will Scrap you all day.

thats true too. well these are just predictions, i doubt the six sam aspect will come true, since they wanna milk them for all their worth first.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am
If Sams aren't touched I'll buy the whole deck.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:37 am

Where do you work to have this kind of money?  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 am
Pheso

Where do you work to have this kind of money?
Army, and tax return season.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 pm
Been awhile since I been here so I'll bring my predictions.

Forbidden List I can so see Monster Reborn just because of the reactions people get once it's unbanned for 6 months than get's re-banned. Plus it's a card that never gets reprinted anymore so being on the forbidden list keeps all the secert and ultra rare versions undamaged to collectors. I can also see Cyber Dragon being pushed back to limited just to tick off card players who play with a machine deck. I'm ok with Monster Reborn pushed back to forbidden just cuz there's always Call Of The Haunted for some monsters. Plus you can't use monster reborn to bring back certain monsters like a fusion or synchro monsters. That's my opinions on the next list. Plus I'm watching it very carefuly. I'm getting a COSSY ID next month so I can register to be a Konami Judge in my area.. We got a hobby shop and the owner would love to start having YGO tourneys here.  

KillaMo187

5,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 pm
KillaMo187
I'm getting a COSSY ID next month so I can register to be a Konami Judge in my area...
Good lord, please, don't.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm
Well, they did bring monster reborn back and I haven't seen to many people use it. The cards way stronger then most cards and its easily one of the best staple cards. But thats why I'm so hopeful for pot of greed. It only has one of the most basic effects in the TCG world. Its rare to see a TCG without that effect.

Most cards on the banned list just shouldn't be there.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

greenman007

Romantic Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:20 pm
KillaMo187
Been awhile since I been here so I'll bring my predictions.

Forbidden List I can so see Monster Reborn just because of the reactions people get once it's unbanned for 6 months than get's re-banned. Plus it's a card that never gets reprinted anymore so being on the forbidden list keeps all the secert and ultra rare versions undamaged to collectors. I can also see Cyber Dragon being pushed back to limited just to tick off card players who play with a machine deck. I'm ok with Monster Reborn pushed back to forbidden just cuz there's always Call Of The Haunted for some monsters. Plus you can't use monster reborn to bring back certain monsters like a fusion or synchro monsters- actually, you can use it on Fusion and Synchro Monsters if they were properly Fusion/Synchro Summoned, unless the card specifically says this card can only be Special Summoned by Fusion/Synchro Summon. That's my opinions on the next list. Plus I'm watching it very carefuly. I'm getting a COSSY ID next month so I can register to be a Konami Judge in my area.. We got a hobby shop and the owner would love to start having YGO tourneys here.

Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff