Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Scrap Theory Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:32 am
Scrap Breaker

I got it at the Sneak Peak and luckily i run a Scrap deck.
But what is it?
Is it a Cyber Dragon and a Scrapstorm fused together?

Can you only special summon it if you have another scrap on the field to destroy? Or is that an only if you want to effect?

Tips?

Combos?

Techs?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:35 am
If you summon it with no other scraps does it self destruct?

Also:

Scrap Worm - WTF Totally useless, i'd rather stick with my 3 Scrap Goblins, or am i wrong? Its a 2 star tuner but i hardly find that useful. Scrap Breaker and Scrap Worm makes Scrap Dragon. So a bit of variation.

Scrap Shark - This card offends me!

Should i post my deck in the database so i can show you what i have done?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 am
SUGAR-BUMP  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 am
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Scrap_Breaker

I'm still skeptical about it despite what a certain nobody says.  

Tsukinoki

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 am
Lawl, better at this than you kid.

Regardless, it's amazing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:19 am
Tsukinoki
despite what a certain nobody says.
And you are?

I thought we've already established that everyone in this guild is under Molestation's and mine's heel when it comes to knowing this game.  

Space Toad -B

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 am
Lawl, better at this than you kid.

Regardless, it's amazing.

I've been playing it and so far it hasnt been great. It'll be good to make Atomic with searcher/level eater...
But atomic is lame so whats the point.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:18 pm
Don't run Atomic Scrap. It's utterly terrible. I am getting one just to have because I like collecting ultimate Synchros.

How many times have you had a Goblin in defense mode just sitting there until the enemy can remove it? How many times have you had a Beast with no Storm to kick it off? How many times have you had Scrap Shark sitting there for a turn with Chimera in hand but no Beast?

Scrap Breaker is a forcer. Its raw 2100 attack is strong enough to get over a LOT in this game and will force things like BTH, Torrential, Solemn Warning, etc. If they DON'T use one of those, it'll kick start your engine if it has been running slightly rough.

The point of Breaker isn't to use it as synchro fodder, it's just a jump for your engine and a damn good one. If you DO synchro with it, Scrap Worm and Scrap Goblin will enable contact to the Dragon and Twin.  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:24 pm
Don't run Atomic Scrap. It's utterly terrible. I am getting one just to have because I like collecting ultimate Synchros.

How many times have you had a Goblin in defense mode just sitting there until the enemy can remove it? How many times have you had a Beast with no Storm to kick it off? How many times have you had Scrap Shark sitting there for a turn with Chimera in hand but no Beast?

Scrap Breaker is a forcer. Its raw 2100 attack is strong enough to get over a LOT in this game and will force things like BTH, Torrential, Solemn Warning, etc. If they DON'T use one of those, it'll kick start your engine if it has been running slightly rough.

The point of Breaker isn't to use it as synchro fodder, it's just a jump for your engine and a damn good one. If you DO synchro with it, Scrap Worm and Scrap Goblin will enable contact to the Dragon and Twin.

I dont play Scrap Shark...it is a cancer to scrap decks.
And i have never had a situation where i dont have a goblin being attacked or a scrap being bumped off......

I'd rather play Cyber Dragon if i had to.
I have ben practicing with it and more than none it has been a dead draw.
I'm sorry but i must disagree.

I am the same with you on the Atomic, i only have it just so i have it. Hahaha
Got to love the Scraps!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 pm
Not playing Scrap Shark is terrible. Extra foolishes with a 2100 beater to boot? Your insane.

If people are attacking your faceup Goblins, you have bad opponents, enough said.

You can disagree all you want but you are wrong about Breaker.  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 pm
Not playing Scrap Shark is terrible. Extra foolishes with a 2100 beater to boot? Your insane.

If people are attacking your faceup Goblins, you have bad opponents, enough said.

You can disagree all you want but you are wrong about Breaker.

I play Breaker in hope i will find a use for him
But Shark...are you kidding.
- Its a lockdown on yourself from using any spells traps and effects
- It wastes a normal summon
- It is so easily destroyed without even without attacking it.
- Scrap Golem gets rid of the lagging goblins  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm
p.s.

How can my opponents be bad for attacking my goblins?
How else are they going to touch my life points?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:48 pm
Attacking Goblin should only be done if they have an answer to its recycling effect or the follow up the Scrap opponent has to the recycling. Otherwise you're just giving your opponent options. Otherwise, sit with their Goblin out and use your own options to remove it without it activating.

Shark does not lock you down or waste a normal summon. You normal summon and they have to answer a 2100 beater. Even if they do with something completely pointless, like Threatening Roar, you've just one for oned and used a Foolish Burial. Hell, I've activated him with Pot of Duality, Cold Wave, Giant Trunade, etc various times for the follow up Chimera plays.

Shark isn't meant to stay on the field. He is more Foolish Burials to feed the Scrap engine. He's -amazing- for set ups. Scrapstorm is, admittedly, better BUT Shark is fantastic.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 pm
Atomic Scrap has its uses, but its not really needed in a scrap deck. Best you can do with it is returning needed cards in the graveyard back to the deck.

Examples:
Opponents have 3 dark monsters in graveyard, use Atomic to return them to the deck to stop the opponent from summoning Dark Arm.
Or with Lightsworn to prevent Judgment.
Return 3 monsters to prevent Pot Of Avarice.
Return Dandies, Glow Up, and etc. to your opponents decks if they they (for some reason) used their foolish, rykos, and card troopers. (Last one is a stretch and really doesn't do much....)

Or if you play against a scrap deck, send cards back to the deck to limit what your opponent can revive with Scrap Dragon, Twin Dragon, or another Atomic.

Though not needed, you can run it.

Shark....waste of a summon. foolish, scrap storm, and ryko are more than enough milling for this deck, and its high atk points do not compensate for its weaknesses.
Worm....i guess its okay if you run it with scrap breaker (though i stand by my comment saying Cyber Dragon > Breaker)

EDIT: Also don't run 3 Goblins, run 1-2 and use the free slots for support cards.  

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:00 pm
Tsukinoki
Shark....waste of a summon. foolish, scrap storm, and ryko are more than enough milling for this deck, and its high atk points do not compensate for its weaknesses.
Worm....i guess its okay if you run it with scrap breaker (though i stand by my comment saying Cyber Dragon > Breaker)

EDIT: Also don't run 3 Goblins, run 1-2 and use the free slots for support cards.
No one said anything about Goblin at three. It's ridiculous to run it at three.

Shark is not a waste of a summon and you're using RYKOS? Have fun with your inconsistency. I did that before, it worked pretty well but it wasn't half as consistent as using Shark. Its effect and high attack make it flat out amazing. You were the one talking about "set up" plays before. Shark is JUST THAT. A previous turn set up.

This can force your opponent to use a counter (eg. BTH, Solemn Warning, et al.) or even force them to not use a thing out of fear of the Foolish Burial with legs staring them down. They know if they use X, Shark will allow you to use Golem/Chimera and start your synchro shenanigans. If they use X and they have no counter to the synchro shenanigans they screw themselves over. In either route Shark is amazing. The chances of forcing Shark AND having a counter to the synchro shenanigans are less than having one of the previous two routes. Basically drawing two cards together instead of just drawing one.

Shark, is, amazing.

Scrap Worm has its own merits. It being a level two tuner allows more versatility in your extra deck. Golem can go into Black Rose Dragon. Shark allows you to go into Brionac and Goyo Guardian.

Also, it's a standalone recycler. It doesn't depend on your opponent attacking it in face-up defense mode. It doesn't depend on Scrapstorm. It doesn't depend on anything except your opponent not using Mirror Force on it. Out of options at the time? Drop Worm, 500 hit, grab Chimera for next turn.

Scraps are ALL about those set up plays, which is why Forbidden Lance is theoretically a necessity.

Also, smaller cool thing to do with Scrap Worm, remember the Chimera loop? Summon Chimera with Scrap Dragon out, detonate the Chimera, next turn (or the same turn with another Dragon) detonate the Tuner, get back Chimera, repeat? Well, Worm cuts out the necessity of the second Dragon or second turn. Chimera for Worm, Dragon blows up Chimera, Worm swings and gets Chimera back, repeat.

Worm is pretty good. Not game breaking but pretty good. I'd run one, always.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff