Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Finding the Right Deity Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 pm
I have been relatively lost in this area. When I look at over all pantheons, I never feel attracted to any one. The only goddess I have ever felt a connection with is Cerridwen. But none of the other Welsh deities, and never with any God. Is there something wrong with this? Or do I just have more investigating to do? Any advice and/or direction would be much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:10 pm
It could just be that you need to look towards more Goddess centered paths, something like Dianic Witchcraft, or Reclaiming.  

ncsweet
Crew

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:33 pm
ncsweet
It could just be that you need to look towards more Goddess centered paths, something like Dianic Witchcraft, or Reclaiming.

I haven't explored very many specific paths. What are these two?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm
I feel that when we find someone to have a relationship with, we can hold that relationship as being special without building up unrealistic expectations.

Having said that, I also feel that we should never stop searching- so more investigation is always a good thing.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:16 am
My favourite quote ever:

"Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."

Perhaps you need to wait for Deity to come to you. Work on yourself for a change. Learn how to have a healthy and positive relationship with yourself and make some self improvements. Deity will come when they're ready  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 am
doistu
My favourite quote ever:

"Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."

I love this saying. It's one of the reasons a friend of mine got me a butterfly net for my birthday one year.

I feel often the emotional turmoil comes from the "may" part. A butterfly may alight upon you, it may not as well.

doistu
Perhaps you need to wait for Deity to come to you. Work on yourself for a change. Learn how to have a healthy and positive relationship with yourself and make some self improvements. Deity will come when they're ready

Having said what I did above, I still feel this is exceptionally good advice.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 am
While searching, I felt nothing at all. I got no responses, no feelings, no sensations saying that it might be it.. So I gave up. Thought "oh well. if they want me, they know where to find me". And several months later, I was contacted.

So I guess.. I'm just supporting what doistu said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:57 pm
Thanks Brass Bell Doll and kage no neko smile
I had a similar experience. I stopped looking. I showed interest in a couple of pantheons and crossed a couple off my list. Not long after I found the family of Deities who would have me.  

doistu

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:19 am
doistu
Thanks Brass Bell Doll and kage no neko smile
I had a similar experience. I stopped looking. I showed interest in a couple of pantheons and crossed a couple off my list. Not long after I found the family of Deities who would have me.

Feel free to call me Brass.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 pm
Brass Bell Doll

Feel free to call me Brass.

Thanks smile I sure will  

doistu

Anorectic-Pandas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Being that half of my ancestry is Irish / from the British Isles, I feel very linked to the Celtic pantheon.

But, I can never figure out who I felt more connected to.
So, I just did a small offering of herbs and a small prayer to the Gods asking them to communicate with me, and show me who, if any, I should honour as my patron/ess.

Here's hoping I hear something back soon.
C:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Anorectic-Pandas, when I read you post, I had a question:
Why do you feel your ancestry is the pantheon to start with?

I also thought it might be worth noting that the Celts had several different pantheons, and that the United Kingdom had more than just the Celts living there.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

doistu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm
I have to agree with Brass.
I'm half Irish and half British but I'm not permitted to follow the Celts in terms of pantheon as it has been made clear to me that I do not belong to that culture.
The Celts operate on a closed culture basis.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:36 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Anorectic-Pandas, when I read you post, I had a question:
Why do you feel your ancestry is the pantheon to start with?

I also thought it might be worth noting that the Celts had several different pantheons, and that the United Kingdom had more than just the Celts living there.

It's not that I made that my only option, that I had to be in the Celtic pantheon.
I was always told that I come from a very strong and proud Celtic background and family, so when I converted to paganism officially, I started out there.

I didn't start out just desiring to be Celtic, it's just where I started.
And as I researched and read more and more, it fit, and it worked for me.

And being Celtic (Irish, and Scotch-Irish), I just somehow felt more connected to it.

By Celtic, I mean what is now the neo-pagan amalgamation of the Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and other polytheistic pantheons.

doistu

I have to agree with Brass.
I'm half Irish and half British but I'm not permitted to follow the Celts in terms of pantheon as it has been made clear to me that I do not belong to that culture.
The Celts operate on a closed culture basis.

From what I've seen, only the Wiccan and neo-Druid communities are especially closed off and secretive.

Anorectic-Pandas

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games