Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
My story Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

after reading that do you think im wierd?
  yes
  no
  definatly with a side of paranoia
View Results

warhead1029

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:54 pm
i go to a cathoilic school ive been there scince kindergardon (i got kicked out of my old school when i was in Pre-k sweatdrop yeah... ) my legal guardian is my grandma but i have lived with her former best friend scince i was 4(my parents are seperated and my dad was in jail and my mom was a drugie so thats why i dont live with them) my care tacker knows that i dont want to be a christian becaus i have complained about it before. she just doesnt know that i have actually basically quit (once you get baptised does that make you a permanate christan?). and she definatly doesnt know i want to be a wiccan but every now and then i leave subtle clues because i dont want to tell her just flat out i want to ease her into it (i actually hope she reads this)

ive already told my friends at school and our religion/ science teacher because she has said before that she studies and respects other religions (btw she is a cathoilic nun) and they were pretty cool about ti aside from a few harmless jokes and a bit of teasing but i think that they think im messing with them (i have been known to do that ) or their just as tired as i am or going to religion class so they get where im coming from.

oh this has nothinng to do with anything but when i was little their was a fire at my moms house while i was still living there and i hid in a closet sweatdrop yeah i know very stupid but i was little and i would have died if it wasnt for my mom who went back in and saved me. i also dont remember the first 4 years of my life and i have to admit once i read a book and it had the description of a changling a few times ive wondered if i was a one.

(i just wanted everyone to know my story and maybe give their input on my situation and P.S. sorry its so long but i just kept thinking of more stuff to put.)

edit: i forgot to say how i came across wicca in the first place my care-tackers niece (she's not related to me) and i were talking and shesaid that she was intreasted in it and she happened to have a couple of books about wicca in her bag and as i read them they really intreasted me so i started studing it...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:56 pm
blaugh i voted on my own poll and i said im crazy  

warhead1029

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:17 pm
I don't think you're crazy at all. I know where you're coming from in being brough up in a christian household. I was raised to be Roman Catholic. I ended up having to fight with my parents the year I was supposed to get confirmed to get them to understand that I didn't share their beliefs. Eventually, they accepted it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm
i wasnt talking about my story when i said i was crazy i was talking in general but your input has been accepted and for this thanks are in order so thank you and thank you for taking the time to read my story.  

warhead1029

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm
joseph m 102
i wasnt talking about my story when i said i was crazy i was talking in general but your input has been accepted and for this thanks are in order so thank you and thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Oh lol. Even so, you don't seem off your rocker to me. Granted, what right does one have to judge the standards of normality? Either way, you're quite welcome ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:42 pm
strangers online who you dont know are so nice  

warhead1029

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:52 pm
joseph m 102
strangers online who you dont know are so nice

Now if only the rest of the world could be like that lol. I'm Alicia, btw.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:00 am
thats what i forgot my name how rude of m my name is Joseph Antonio Malveaux (enitials spell J.A.M.) mrgreen  

warhead1029

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:53 am
I don't think anything makes you a 'permanent Christian' (Unless of course your beliefs never change)
Also you don't sound crazy to me. Your living situation may not be considered the norm but you yourself seem like a perfectly nice, completely sane person. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:42 am
It's a bit debatable. It has been said that YHVH takes oaths that are made to him very seriously, and depending on how your baptism was worded, it could be that you were indeed oathed to him by your parents.

A couple of threads that might be of interest on the subject...

Baptism and Converting
Oathbreaking  

ncsweet
Crew

warhead1029

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:54 pm
Esselean
I don't think anything makes you a 'permanent Christian' (Unless of course your beliefs never change)
Also you don't sound crazy to me. Your living situation may not be considered the norm but you yourself seem like a perfectly nice, completely sane person. xd
thats because you dont perseonaly know me one example is that i will do almost anything if someone dares me to (i know that itself doesnt make me wierd but if you only knew the dares burning_eyes ...) like once someone dared me to chug a bottle of hot sauce (speaking of has anyone ever tried ghost pepper hot suace (its the hottest pepper in the world) i had a drop of hot sauce with an extreamly low concentration and i was like what the ****) well that isnt really that wierd its mostly dumb so yeah  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:58 pm
ncsweet
It's a bit debatable. It has been said that YHVH takes oaths that are made to him very seriously, and depending on how your baptism was worded, it could be that you were indeed oathed to him by your parents.

Baptism and Converting
Oathbreaking

thank you those were very helpful threads Ms. Sweet  

warhead1029

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 pm
ncsweet

Baptism and Converting
Oathbreaking

So an oath is made then broken. That still doesn't make one a permanent Christian.
It sucks that the oath was made in the first place but just because it was made it doesn't mean that you are bound to the religion and the god for all time.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 pm
joseph m 102
Esselean
thats because you dont perseonaly know me one example is that i will do almost anything if someone dares me to (i know that itself doesnt make me wierd but if you only knew the dares burning_eyes ...) like once someone dared me to chug a bottle of hot sauce (speaking of has anyone ever tried ghost pepper hot suace (its the hottest pepper in the world) i had a drop of hot sauce with an extreamly low concentration and i was like what the ****) well that isnt really that wierd its mostly dumb so yeah

There are very few people who I consider weird or crazy. Everyone does dumb or strange things. So unless you are a serial killer or you hang dead babies from your walls or something I would not consider you crazy.  

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 pm
Esselean
ncsweet

Baptism and Converting
Oathbreaking

So an oath is made then broken. That still doesn't make one a permanent Christian.
It sucks that the oath was made in the first place but just because it was made it doesn't mean that you are bound to the religion and the god for all time.

Sorta. Makes for a sticky situation if you are involved with gods who take oaths seriously and are strict on honoring said oaths, no matter who they are made with. And when you die - YHVH still can gun for your ethereal a**. I know for those of us who follow Nordic practices, most of us take the broken oath very seriously anyways and work a good bit to deal with it and to show our gods that yes, we are still honorable and can still maintain an oath taken, even if it we no longer wish to uphold it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games