Reply {::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}
What do you think of DDs? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Apokalyptika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:42 pm
Just curious of people's thought regarding Daily Deviations (DDs). Do you like them? Hate them? Find them useful? Wish there were more/less? etc  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:53 pm
I don't always approve (especially when they're bug photos - especially spiders) but I don't get myself involved in the drama that so many of them seem to attract. If I don't approve, or they just don't interest me, I ignore them. If they really upset me, like the spider photos, I set up a filter to block the image.

I suggest DDs every so often. So far only two have been featured, but the first got mostly positive responses and the second got nothing but positive responses!

I have a few photos I'd love to see make DD, but I'm not sure my personality meshes well with the attention that DDs get xp  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Dans oubli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm
I like Daily Deviations. It gives me something to look at that's maybe not the ordinary "Top favs within the past #time" That gets a little annoying seeing basically the same things faved day after day after day.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:27 am
Cassidy Peterson
I have a few photos I'd love to see make DD, but I'm not sure my personality meshes well with the attention that DDs get xp

Do you mind if I ask which ones?  

Apokalyptika

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:55 pm
Apokalyptika
Cassidy Peterson

Not at all surprised I love showing off xd

Rise Into Light This is Chippy, a chipmunk who lived under my porch at my last house. If I hadn't moved when I did, I may have actually been able to train him. Last time I saw him, he definitely recognized the sound of the camera and reacted to it.

Clover Bunny My sister rescued a baby rabbit from her cat a few years ago, and we both took a few pictures of it. This is one of my favorites, and is a particularly lucky shot considering how temperamental the camera I had back then would be sometimes.

Bobber This one's actually not all that amazing. I just really like it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 pm
Cassidy Peterson
Apokalyptika
Cassidy Peterson

Not at all surprised I love showing off xd

Rise Into Light This is Chippy, a chipmunk who lived under my porch at my last house. If I hadn't moved when I did, I may have actually been able to train him. Last time I saw him, he definitely recognized the sound of the camera and reacted to it.

Clover Bunny My sister rescued a baby rabbit from her cat a few years ago, and we both took a few pictures of it. This is one of my favorites, and is a particularly lucky shot considering how temperamental the camera I had back then would be sometimes.

Bobber This one's actually not all that amazing. I just really like it.

I really like the bunny one - it's super cute!  

Apokalyptika

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:22 pm
Apokalyptika
I really like the bunny one - it's super cute!
I got a couple other good shots of it, but I'm really glad to have one sized for use as a desktop wallpaper whee  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:22 pm
Can't say that I have ever been much into looking at DDs, I mean there's been a few that have struck my attention. But there's also been a few that just made me facepalm for what the the subjects/content were of them.
However I'm not saying that the feature isn't bad. I just don't pay much attention to it. Usually won't look for a 'DD' label on any artwork, though. ^^'
It does help a bit, though, with getting artists seen better, if they weren't already seen.

@ Cassidy, Those are adorable especially the bunny one. ^^  

KaryuunoSamurai

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250

Killer_of_Gundams

Dangerous Capitalist

6,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm
I find some of them really neat. I like DDs since they show a HUGE variety of artists. From people that do sculpture to doodles, photos and photoshop/paint. It's also nice to see the random artwork that everyone else likes.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:59 am
Concerning the DDs lately, I'd say the mods have good judgement with the reccomendations. And even more suprisingly, they broadened with features on more comics, japanese 'manga' style, and stock nudity/ macabre gore; Which clearly did not have much nomination beforehand.

Although concerning the manga selection, whilst most of the pieces have great composition, I do have to say alot of artworks that are being reccomended are just anime fanarts, and dont have much artistic value.. I'm not going to name any speicific ones, but on a side note; Golly! There is ALOT of Hetalia art featured in the DDs! Not that I can complain, I'm a total nerd for it.

But hey, if all the awesome artists are drawing it, maybe that saying something? wink

Kamahi
Captain

Questionable Explorer

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Furby0305

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:12 am
I really like DDs biggrin Nearly every day I check them out and there are mostly absolutely awesome pictures or pictures with a special message :3
I wish I could someday get a DD too xp But I think I have to become better for that ^^

What do you think about DDs? Don't you like them?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm
I have to say I haven't been terribly impressed with the DDs as of late, especially with a lot of spider features, though I've gotten a couple more featured since I last posted in this thread!

Belle & Beast role reversal
Lamby warrior!

And these are the two I mentioned before
Alternate Alice interpretation
Super-cute BFF love  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

chronos phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:59 pm
I enjoy seeing the creativity that flourishes from certain perspectives of styles people can produce that you don't usually see everyday.

there are also some (very few) inspiring pieces that make me recognize another artist.

what we see very few of are full length movie shorts or animations. there is some mad talent I've seen on DA involving animations that over passes 80% of what Newgrounds offers that deserve DD's.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 pm
THERE WAS ANOTHER SPIDER DD TODAY gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Hankuroruperei

3,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:49 am
Well I don't have the problem of not liking spiders. So I've been checking DD for a big amount of time. 70% of the DDs are really great art works, that's why I like spending time on looking through those pictures or photos.

But there's one question:
I'd like to suggest a Deviation to DD too, but how do I do that?
Can only members with a paid account suggest deviations?
And if yes - that sucks!
Because DA becomes more and more addicted to upgrade-accounts. They take things from free accounts (such as a function that arts always can be watched enlarged without being small at first) and make them only available for paid ones -.-  
{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff