Submit

Summer Kagome

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Hey you guys~ o;
I just decided I should make a list of things that people can wish on. c: I'm not sure if there is one already or where I should put it, bear with me!

Birthday Candles
This is probably the best-known wishing method, and also the strongest, as it only comes once a year. This is not a wish you should waste on something like "I wish I would have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow."
With the cake in front of you, take a deep breath. The older you are, the more air you will need. Make your wish while you are still holding your breath. Now, blow. If you get all the candles blown out with one breath, you wish will come true.

Falling Stars
This is a nice wish, because multiple people can wish on the same star.
All you have to do is see a falling star, and make your wish. The only rule is that you must see the star yourself. A good time to get a wish like this is during a meteor shower.

First Star
This happens every day, so it's good for your more mundane wishing.
When you see the first star that appears in the night sky, recite this rhyme:
"Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight."
Then make your wish.

Wishbones
Wishbones are found in any whole cooked fowl. Generally, the larger the bird, the stronger the wish.
This wish takes some preparation, as you have to let the wishbone dry out before using it. Overnight is usually good enough, although if you're in a hurry you could put it in a low oven for a few hours. Once the wishbone is dry, get someone else to hold one end while you hold the other. Close your eyes and make a wish, then pull apart the wishbone on the count of three. Whoever gets the larger piece has their wish come true. In the extremely unlikely event that the pieces are equal, both wishes come true.

Necklace Clasps
When the clasp on your necklace is turned all the way around to the front, someone else can turn it back for you and tell you to make a wish.
This doesn't work if you do it for yourself, so it's a good idea to train all your friends to keep an eye out.

Eyelashes
When an eyelash falls out, blow it off your fingertip and make a wish. Don't pull them out, though, no matter how desperate you are- all that will get you is funny-looking eyelashes.
Some say this is like the necklace wish in that only someone else can do it for you. See eyelash wish for details.

Dandelions
This is a very difficult wish to make come true, so I would suggest trying it out with something that's not very important until you get the hang of it.
Get a dandelion that has gone to seed; that is, the soft white puffy kind. Make your wish, then try to blow all the down off it in one breath. If you get it all off in one puff, your wish will come true

Bugs
"so when you kill a bug of any kind, you have to connect your two pointer fingers i think it was together so they are like this in a straight line with your thumbs pointing up wards (☞☜) like that, and you have to go over to someone quick before 60 seconds pass and they have to basically break chop the bonding or connection on your fingers within that time and if they do it on time you make a wish. "Thanks, DeeDarling!

In Japan, there was a story of Sadako Sasaki, a girl who died of leukemia. She had believed making 1000 paper cranes would make a wish come true, but she reached 644 before her death.
You can also make a wish making 1000 paper stars.Thanks, Skye of Hyrule!

That's it! Got anymore? Post them!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:37 pm
Oh wow. [:
Very nice little thread.
I always cheat when making wishes.
I pull out my eyebrow hairs and blow those.
Since they look like eye lashes. And I blow
glitter off my fingers and make wishes. Oh,
I also throw coins into a well or fountain.
-Smiles-

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

xXxSeraphim SkyexXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 pm
Sadly, I don't make wishes on my birthday. ^^; sometimes my family can't afford a cake. crying

But everytime I see a fallen star I wish and on all the other things too.

@Roxy: Wow, those are cool wish methods. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 pm
Wishbones (dur)
Pink Cars
chips ( those chips that are folded in half like tacos.)

Thats all I can think of right now.  

Kid Generic

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 pm
I wish on 11:11 whenever I catch it. XD Which is not often.
I can't wait for the two 11:11's on November 11th, 2011. It's gonna be epic. XD

None of the wishes I've ever made have come true. XD But maybe it's just too soon to tell.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 pm
I hadn't heard the one about the necklace before, that's cute.  

LyricalSoul93

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm

・・・・・★
─┼──────┼─

And when i think of the future, what lies ahead, and when i don't see myself where i want...

i wish on all double time digits not just 11:11, but 12:12, 2:22, 3:33

over the past couple weeks randomly, well fate, has led me to see that double digit time and make that wish. :3 hey they are coming true one by one, because i'm making them come true. :3

i make a wish on coins i find on the ground. doesn't matter if they are head or tails, they are there to put a smile on my face.

the first star i see everyday is my charm bracelet, and for some reason i feel like it's my guardian angel. i feel like i highly believe in angels coming in the form of stars.

:3

...my heart drops down to my rib cage passed the locks and keys with it's wings chained up to the bars of my body.
─┼──────┼─
★・・・・・

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm

I don't really make wishes anymore, but it's fun to think back to when I was little, and loved to see the stars (since I wasn't allowed to be out at night), and would point out the first star to my sister. Also I think fondly on the times before I knew when my own birthday was (or before I could comprehend a calender and dates), and would always start my day asking either mommy or daddy, "Is today my birthday?" :3

Good times (:

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:42 pm
There's also the one with the horseshoes, 4-leaf clover, and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I really hated those "wish-chips" that were folded in half. I was little and believed in them, and whenever I ate chips, I would always find at least 5 of them and get so annoyed, because you're supposed to make a wish while chewing 10 tens, then swallow it once. I got sick of making wishes from wish chips later on, and just ate them however I wanted to.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 am
i know one more if you see a 3 same number for example 333 cross fingers and wish then let some uncross your fingers.

i do this and also the birthday candles, first star and the falling stars^^..
4-leaf clover is my favorite  

pauliana

Sparkly Gaian

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Zombee Luving Freek

5,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:03 pm
This is a very cute thread. However, I love making
wishes, so I might try these out when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:43 pm

・・・・・★
─┼──────┼─

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not seek the answers which cannot be given you...

i was taught this one when i was young, like a little kid, but i havent done it in awhile so i dont really remember much. my uncle of my other side of the family taught it to me, and i haven't seen them in forever so my memory is kind of hazy on what to do. but i'll try:

so when you kill a bug of any kind, you have to connect your two pointer fingers i think it was together so they are like this in a straight line with your thumbs pointing up wards |________| like that, and you have to go over to someone quick before 60 seconds pass and they have to basically break chop the bonding or connection on your fingers within that time and if they do it on time you make a wish.

i hope i remembered that correctly. it's something that was passed down in our family.

...because you would not be able to live them. The point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer.
─┼──────┼─
★・・・・・

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150

xXxSeraphim SkyexXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm
Theres a story in japan where this girl with leukemia was trying to fold 1000 paper cranes for the gods so they could grant her wish. Sadly, she only reached 648 I think. But, when they burried her, all of her friends and family made the rest of the cranes in her honor. It's a sad, yet sweet story.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 pm
I wish on first stars and shooting stars ^-^  

srv1025

Summer Kagome

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 pm
Skye of Hyrule
Theres a story in japan where this girl with leukemia was trying to fold 1000 paper cranes for the gods so they could grant her wish. Sadly, she only reached 648 I think. But, when they burried her, all of her friends and family made the rest of the cranes in her honor. It's a sad, yet sweet story.

I read that story in fifth grade! Sadako and the thousand paper cranes~ <3  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces