Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Suggest me a game? (SNES/GBA/NES) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think emulation is bad?
  No, free games!
  Yes, it deprives game developers of money.
  What are you talking about?
  -LOL RANDOM VOTE!11!!!!1!-
View Results

Milk Vitasoy

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:34 am
Haru Says:
I need help.
I need a new game to play.
If you have any recommendations,
tell me please?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 am
SNES:
Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Link to the Past, Super Mario World/All-Stars/RPG, Final Fantasy 2/4 and 3/6, Turtles in Time, Street Fighter 2, Secret of Mana, Kirby Superstar, Yoshi's Cookie, Kirby's Avalanche, Breath of Fire, Lufia...

If you like annoyingly hard games, I'd suggest Aero the Acro-Bat, but it is too long and frustrating to make much progress.

GBA:
Final Fantasy 5, Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

Can't help you with NES, that was before my time. xd

Cabron the Swan

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 pm
SNES:

Since Mystical Ninja has been suggested, I also recommend the next 3 Ganbare Goemon games. You may need a walkthrough for 3 and 4 as 3 has some Zelda-esque gameplay and 4 has different worlds which you can revisit.

GBA:

MOTHER 3. Also be sure to look around starmen.net for info on the translation patch.

Also look into Densetsu no Stafi 1-3, and Tomato Adventure (walkthrough recommended for these)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:33 pm
SNES: MM7, SMW, anything in the X series, SMRPG,

GBA: Any Pokemon game, MM Battle Netwirk series, Superstar Saga, Four Swords, Super Mario Pinball, and Fire Emblem. Oh, and Drill Dozer.  

MaverickDrifter

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:00 pm
Your personalized font is ridiculous... why would you use strikeouts on every letter? That's almost as bad as that person I knew who used size 7 light grey.

And let's see... Caslevania Harmony of Dissonance was a good GBA game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm
That was a personalized font? The ********? XD

Hm... I'd say Klonoa: Empire of Dreams and Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament.
They're very good puzzle/platfomer games.
And if you haven't played it yet, Rayman Advance... heart  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm
NES: Legend Of Zelda, Tetris/Dr.Mario, Super Dodgeball(yes, it's for the NES, despite the "Super" in the title and it's the best dodgeball game I've ever played.(though I haven't played the DS one yet. ninja ))

SNES: Everything Lady Psycho Sexy said. God Yes, Turtles in Time!! XP

GBA: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, but actually buy it. talk2hand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm
Hobo Scruffy
For GBA games you could only be putting money into gamestop's pocket, and they kinda rip off the developers, so who really cares about them, anyway?

For games that were out of print and now offered on some download service... it really isn't like any money was put into their development... so it's more a matter if you wanna support the company or not.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:53 pm
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy
For GBA games you could only be putting money into gamestop's pocket, and they kinda rip off the developers, so who really cares about them, anyway?

For games that were out of print and now offered on some download service... it really isn't like any money was put into their development... so it's more a matter if you wanna support the company or not.

eBay GBA games. Better prices, better qualities. Cart only versions of Minish Cap at Gamestop are still $25+. No thank you. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:27 am
Hobo Scruffy
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy

eBay GBA games. Better prices, better qualities. Cart only versions of Minish Cap at Gamestop are still $25+. No thank you. talk2hand
You're still just giving money to the person who originally bought the game and not the company. xp Unless you can get a new copy or download it off DSiware, you might as well emulate it 'cause Nintendo's not getting anything out of it.  

Cabron the Swan

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Hobo Scruffy
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy

You're still just giving money to the person who originally bought the game and not the company. xp Unless you can get a new copy or download it off DSiware, you might as well emulate it 'cause Nintendo's not getting anything out of it.
You can buy new GBA games now?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 am
Awesome Tree
Lady Psycho Sexy
Hobo Scruffy
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy

You can buy new GBA games now?

My local Microplays still have some new copies of GBA games. Not a very good selection, but they're there.

Cabron the Swan

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:35 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Hobo Scruffy
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy

I know, there are just certain things I don't like roming. I'm picky about it. >^<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:23 am
Hobo Scruffy
Lady Psycho Sexy
Hobo Scruffy
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy

I know, there are just certain things I don't like roming. I'm picky about it. >^<
I agree, it's wrong, just like downloading music and movies is wrong. If the kid were romming DS games, for example, I'd object (unless they were super-rare like the first Phoenix Wright), but sometimes there's just no other way to get old games. xd  

Cabron the Swan

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:11 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Hobo Scruffy
Lady Psycho Sexy
Hobo Scruffy
[Kegan]
Hobo Scruffy

I agree, it's wrong, just like downloading music and movies is wrong. If the kid were romming DS games, for example, I'd object (unless they were super-rare like the first Phoenix Wright), but sometimes there's just no other way to get old games. xd

Agreed.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces