Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
virginity and sexuality Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

12lovelikewinter21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 am
i was just wondering if wiccan had any strong views about virginity and sexuality. like some religions find anyone bisexual or gay to be bad people. and others dont like the idea of anyone having sex before they are married or at least 18. so i was just wondering if wiccans had any particular views on this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:29 am
Wicca, and other pagan religions, are both accepting and embracing of homosexuals. We believe the love of two people is sacred no matter what their gender.
Also, most covens will not let you join until you are 18, but most will have no say on sex before that age, and could usually care less about sex before marriage, seeing that as a personal choice.

TMI DUDE gonk  

SADERR

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 pm
Jonathonn
Wicca, and other pagan religions, are both accepting and embracing of homosexuals. We believe the love of two people is sacred no matter what their gender.

Who are the "we" you're speaking for?
Just want to clarify what group and perspective you're coming from 3nodding .

Quote:
And speak o' the devil I just lost my virginity yesterday. xD

Erm....TMI kthx.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:20 pm
12lovelikewinter21
i was just wondering if wiccan had any strong views about virginity and sexuality. like some religions find anyone bisexual or gay to be bad people. and others dont like the idea of anyone having sex before they are married or at least 18. so i was just wondering if wiccans had any particular views on this.

Well, Gardner wasn't a fan of homosexuality, but Wiccans in general seem pretty cool about it. For the most part it would depend on the individual I think but they're not prudes, nor libertines.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Starlock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:07 pm
Can't speak for everyone, obviously, but Neopaganism in general tends to be tolerant, if not accepting of more "deviant" views on sexuality (deviant according to the mainstream, that is). Probably has something to do with the lack of a unified ethical code or sacred text from which to draw rules from, and of the codes I've seen within specific Neopagan religions, most of them do not explicitly frown upon unconventional perspectives on sexuality. I don't doubt there are exceptions, with how diverse Neopaganism is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm
12lovelikewinter21

No, not really...it's a person's choice as to how they wish to go about their sexual life. Wicca is very sex-positive.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

doistu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 pm
From what I'd read on A&J most wiccans don't care about sexuality. They only care about gender so a proper person would need to embrace their gender in order to participate, not their sexuality.
It stirred up an interesting conversation actually, about homosexuality and adopting opposite gender roles.

As for neopagans, I can hardly see why it would matter unless other people were involved (speaking from the point of view of a solitary witch).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 pm
i would say that in Wicca it doesnt really matter. i dont have anything against gays/lesbians/bisexuals. to me as long as ur happy im happy for u as well. i dont think u should loose ur virginty until ur at least like 17 but if u want to go ahead i cant do any thing about it.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sirrush_Grey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:05 pm
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are My rituals"
Charge of the goddess- Unkown

So I'd say thats a green light.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 am
Sirrush_Grey
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are My rituals"
Charge of the goddess- Unkown

So I'd say thats a green light.

The Charge is by Doreen Valiente. Where did you find it that had no author listed?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

bobkitty1123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 am
I am not speaking for every pagan but most I have met are very accepting of homosexuality. It really depends on the person. Yet, I say this from experiance, pagans are generally more open minded and thus tend to be much more accepting of a person's personal beliefs. I am not saying all pagans are like this but most I know are.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:54 am
bobkitty1123
It really depends on the person. Yet, I say this from experiance, pagans are generally more open minded and thus tend to be much more accepting of a person's personal beliefs.
I don't mean to quibble, but I feel that pagans aren't so much more open minded, as they are simply more tolerant.

I feel that because we are a minority, there is a greater tolerance towards others who are also a minority, and a greater willingness to accept the differences in others since there isn't a single thing that makes a person a pagan.

It might also be because most pagans don't have religious views that say their path is the only true way to the gods.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Daearen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:48 pm
doistu
They only care about gender so a proper person would need to embrace their gender in order to participate, not their sexuality.

This is where i get confused though... I'm gay and i feel better attuned with feminine energy. like earth&water as opposed to fire&air and jet as opposed to amber. ><  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 am
lCobaltl
doistu
They only care about gender so a proper person would need to embrace their gender in order to participate, not their sexuality.

This is where i get confused though... I'm gay and i feel better attuned with feminine energy. like earth&water as opposed to fire&air and jet as opposed to amber. ><

From my understanding it's all about the "plumbing". There is currently a discussion going on on the A&J list, and they said rather than "gender" think of it as "biological sex". So if you are biologically a man, then you will fill the male role, and if you are biologically a woman, then you will fill the female roles.  

ncsweet
Crew

Daearen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
The A&J list? :3  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games