Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Default or Custom?
  Jack
  RAINBOW MAN 64345765
View Results

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 pm
As you should probably know, a lot of games available for Nintendo consoles allow you to give names to your at least one of your characters or sometimes even a location or something (Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy, Mother, etc).

When you are given the option, what do you usually like to name your characters? Do you just leave the default name? Do you name characters after yourself? But what if the character is of the opposite gender? Best Pokemon nickname? Did you name your Animal Crossing town something cool? Share whatever!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:55 pm
Depends on the game. If it's Zelda, he's ********' Link. UNDOUBTEDLY. WITHOUT QUESTION.

I don't play RPG's much, but with Chrono Trigger I use the defaults as well.

But for Animal Crossing or Pokemon... uh... David? Or AK... I used to always make my Pokemon character "Dave B." every game...  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:58 pm
If a character has a default name, I leave it.
If it's a recurring default name that is the same in every game of the series (Read: Link) then I substitute it for Cookie or Chris, sometimes I Say because every character either sounds like Foghorn Leghorn or British.
If it's a pokemon, then it gets an intensely well-thought-out actual name that is also a terrible pun. For instance, my Swampert is named Wade.
Otherwise, I resort to Cookie.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm
pretty much the same thing. if the charecter has a default name i.e. Link, it stays Link (it'd just be odd if I named him McKenzie or Topaz) if it's pokemon then I usualy name then all sorts of odd stuff
Trainer name: Topaz*
Infernape= Orpheus
Milotic= Caliope
ect.
usualy the name will be Greek, roman, or some other random European name.  

Topaz4293

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:29 pm
Kath, Kathulu, Kuhthooloo, or Ebrithial.

And as for my pokemans its all random. Pick one letter, then whee.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:30 pm
Never named a pokemon because that is ridiculous  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 pm
Zelda: Always Link
Animal Crossing Char: Sonic
Most s**t: Sonic
Sonic: Knuckles (not really)
Animal Crossing Town? (Wii) Wiiland. LAWL
Pokémon? Default. Except Charmander. He's always Flame. Yeah, that's right. There's no female Charmander. Always isn't really saying much since I only have... one XD
Lucario? Ludakari. Long story. Not really, I was on toys n' joys when Lucario was FIRST being made, I thought it said "Ludakari" as it's name. It sounds better. ADMIT IT.
Pokémon char? ALWAYS... Seth.
Harvest Moon? Always Misty.
BRAWL? Sonic.
Oh, and I name my Harvest Moon farm Moo Moo Farm! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 pm
In games like Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc, I always use Canon. Nothing else. Sorry, but Link is Link, Cloud is Cloud, RAINBOWMAN 64353635 is RAINBOWMAN 64353635.

In Pokemon, I name my Character, of course, but not my Pokemon. Male, usually Wylr. Female, Usually Violet. (Unless I'm playing Pokemon Red, then it's Ash) kthxbai.  

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 pm
It depends on a lot of things. If it's my first playthrough and the character has a default name, I will use it so I remember it. Except for LoZ. Link is always Link.

On second playthroughs, I will name characters according to whether I liked them. Rinoa, for example, is always whiner. For some reason, Zidane is always Jesus. Idk. I really don't. The lead female is usually Zephy. YEAH I PUT MYSELF IN THE GAME WHAT OF IT

I mostly name my Pokemon stupid things. Fishstick, Pudgiepooh, Chickadee, Shishkebab, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:41 pm
For each and every Zelda game, I start with Link, hands down. Through a second playthrough? T.
Most games where the protagonist can be named, like FFCC Echoes of Time? T.

In Pokemon games, from Crystal onward, I've always chosen the female character, and have named them after female characters from my story. Gonna do it again for HG.

I named my Buneary Cotton, after the bunny from my story. Named my Pachirisu Conker, because Conker's a badass little git. I named a Munchlax Yum-Yum. Don't know why I did though. xd

In Ruby, I tried naming as many different Spinda I caught as possible by various spot-themed names.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 pm
LoZ: Used to like to name him Max, then just used Link for awhile, and now I call him Angel. Idk. Oh, and Epona after my cat. xD

Pokemon: Newer games=Jazzy, older games=Ash, Red or Angel (for G/S because that's NOT Ash), and Hiro for XD:GoD. I like to name my Pikachu/Raichu Sparky, my Butterfree Happy, and my Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizards Zippo, just like Richie's in the anime. I also sometimes name my female Meowth/Persians Aphrodite, after my cat. But that's usually it for nicknames. I used to nickname them a lot more, though, but it bugged me when it said things like "Your SPARKY evolved into RAICHU!"
For rivals, it's gotta be Gary, Blue or Green for the Kanto rival, Stephen for the Johto rival, default for the Hoenn rival, and Michael for the Sinnoh rival (he reminds me soo much of my friend Michael! What happened to the badass rivals?).

Harvest Moon (and Rune Factory): Jazzy if it's a girl version, Angel if it's a guy version. When I have to name the farm, I just put in my last name.

Chrono Trigger: Default. Same with Final Fantasy and Mother. Unless it's the first FF, in which case I'd use the same names that are in the D&B song. xD

Animal Crossing: Jazzy, and then something game-related for the town (used to be Pallet, now it's Ellinia)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 am
I'm with everyone else on the Zelda games. Link is always Link. Animal Crossing never had a very original town name, and I always named my character by my own name. Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow, I never liked renaming my Pokemon, and Ash was always Ash. I remember always being especially peeved when I would get a Pokemon in a trade with someone and they'd have some craptastical nickname. Only time I ever nicknamed some Pokemon was when, years later, I decided to try my friend's Pokemon Coliseum and I named my starters Xeoryu (Espion) and Niateru (Umbrion), after legendary kitsune characters in a story I was attempting to write.

On my second runthrough with Twilight princess, I had fun with the option to name the horse. It's been too long to remember what I named it though... I remember naming Link as Bob though.

KitsuneSaria

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 am
KitsuneSaria
I'm with everyone else on the Zelda games. Link is always Link. Animal Crossing never had a very original town name, and I always named my character by my own name. Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow, I never liked renaming my Pokemon, and Ash was always Ash. I remember always being especially peeved when I would get a Pokemon in a trade with someone and they'd have some craptastical nickname. Only time I ever nicknamed some Pokemon was when, years later, I decided to try my friend's Pokemon Coliseum and I named my starters Xeoryu (Espion) and Niateru (Umbrion), after legendary kitsune characters in a story I was attempting to write.

On my second runthrough with Twilight princess, I had fun with the option to name the horse. It's been too long to remember what I named it though... I remember naming Link as Bob though.

I remember a cultie named Epona 'my a**', and showed us a screenshot where Ilia says "I washed my a** for you, Link!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:50 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
KitsuneSaria

I remember a cultie named Epona 'my a**', and showed us a screenshot where Ilia says "I washed my a** for you, Link!"

*laughs* I remember seeing the videos on youtube of something similar (I don't believe I was a cultie yet, Joined when it was featured)."Hey, where are you going without my a**?" "My a** is a girl to you know so be nice to her like one" "Can you play that song you know the one my a** likes?"

Hilarity ensued.

KitsuneSaria

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 am
I remember once trying to name all of my Pokemon. Rocky, Buggy, Chewy. I stopped when I got to Pidget, though. Fly-y made me realize my silly childhood ways. Sometimes I name them what I think their names should be, though. "Skarmory" turned into "Skarmony" and whatnot. Charmander is always Flame, unless I have more than one, as in Fire Red where I started naming them other names for fire.

I named my character "Ash" long ago, and then "Matthew" but most of the time I just go with "Fish" nowadays, even in Zelda. I'm not the best at naming animal friends though so I often find myself sitting there for an extended amount of time wondering what to name Epona and just end up naming her Epona. I really do like the name "Red" for the hero in the original "trilogy" of Pokemon versions and Blue for the rival.

Once upon a summer sunny my friends and I all went camping and we took our Game Boy Colors with us as well as our Pokemon games. We each took one version: Silver for my fat friend, Gold for me and Crystal for my other friend and picked a starter each. Then we named our rivals after one another so it was kind of like we were all playing together, and we would all play at the same time so we could talk about it and stuff. Best summer evar.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff