Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Who has played spirit tracks yet? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little LIt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 am
I got spirit tracks for christmas! biggrin And im almost done with it! whee Has anyone playe it yet?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:55 pm
I got it for Christmas too and just cleared the 3rd dungeon. I'm not too happy with it, but it looks like there's a lot of side quests.

But ewwww, the graphics.
I was completely unspoiled when I opened the game up so I knew nothing of the shortcomings.  

Pai-tan

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:41 pm
Ewww?

These graphics are that of some N64 and playstation games... they're not pushing it for the DS, but for the amount of content they have to pack in, you can't expect them to.

Is it the style, because that's the only valid argument I think you could make and even then, it's cel Shaded, so it's all really a matter of taste, and I happen to like it.

It's much better than Phantom hourglass where everything looked EXACTLY the same, everywhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:09 am
Pai-tan
I got it for Christmas too and just cleared the 3rd dungeon. I'm not too happy with it, but it looks like there's a lot of side quests.

But ewwww, the graphics.
I was completely unspoiled when I opened the game up so I knew nothing of the shortcomings.
whats wrong with the graphics? real nintendo fans shouldn't worry about the graphics.
the gameplay is what you should worry about. Its like playing Legend of zelda on the nes and wining about the graphics.  

Little LIt

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 pm
Little LIt
Pai-tan

But ewwww, the graphics.
whats wrong with the graphics? real nintendo fans shouldn't worry about the graphics.
the gameplay is what you should worry about. Its like playing Legend of zelda on the nes and wining about the graphics.

Graphics do matter, though. They have to be pleasing to the eyes, but that doesn't mean they have to be super detailed or at all realistic. If a game have great gameplay, but everything looks like vomit, you're not gonna have as much fun, however, goodness is not a quality inherent of style or realism... it's a matter of execution! Execution of a stimulating experience.

And I happen to think that Spirit tracks was a well executed sequel.

Noone complained that Majora's mask used the same engine and similar graphics, did they? No, because it was well executed... they argued it was bad for other mostly invalid reasons.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:47 pm
I bought it but haven't played it yet. I'm not playing it until I finish Phantom Hourglass.  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:30 pm
I've played it a little. It's alright. Can't really say much 'till I get further into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 pm
I got it the day after Christmas :B I'm close to the third dungeon. It's a blast. But man, ******** those upgrades... Where am I gonna get that much treasure? gonk  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
I got it the day after Christmas :B I'm close to the third dungeon. It's a blast. But man, ******** those upgrades... Where am I gonna get that much treasure? gonk

I know, right?

I'm practically done with the game and there's a type of treasure that I haven't even acquired yet.

I will admit, I liked the availability of the vehicle parts in PH better than in ST, but it's a smashing game overall. I LOVE how the Phantoms have their little dialogue when spoken to.

Also does it sound like Link has a different voice actor? Not that he, y'know speaks, but his voice definitely sounds different.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:48 pm
TtheHero
I_love_Inuyasha1

I know, right?

I'm practically done with the game and there's a type of treasure that I haven't even acquired yet.

I will admit, I liked the availability of the vehicle parts in PH better than in ST, but it's a smashing game overall. I LOVE how the Phantoms have their little dialogue when spoken to.

Also does it sound like Link has a different voice actor? Not that he, y'know speaks, but his voice definitely sounds different.

I dunno, he sounded the same to me. But I haven't played a Zelda game besides this one in awhile XD  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:01 am
Well guys, this is the first time any incarnation has gotten close to getting laid.

SPOILERHe holds Zelda's hand at the end of the game/SPOILER  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:29 am
User Image
Jarrod bought me it over the holidays, I think I just got my first track piece. I can't say the plot device is as fresh as I'd hoped, but I'm glad the Spirit Tower isn't friggin' timed. xd

User Image

Cabron the Swan

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:05 pm
Awesome Tree
Well guys, this is the first time any incarnation has gotten close to getting laid.

SPOILERHe holds Zelda's hand at the end of the game/SPOILER
Link get's kissed on more than one occasion.

In fact the curtain drops after Zelda II, so the credits can roll, and they probably ********. OMG SPOILERS FROM 1988!

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE-- AT HIS OWN REQUEST, OMG-OMG.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:11 pm
This thread reminds me:

I have to go find something to cool the magma...  

LoudKid

Distinct Phantom

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas