Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Stealing Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carnal Cupcake

Friendly Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 pm
A close friend of mine (The one who introduced me to paganism actually) steals almost everything she uses in her rituals. She steals the incense, candles, books, herbs, oils, ect. I've read in a few places that when you are holding the items you plan to use, that you should only use them FOR THAT PURPOSE, and try to empower them with positive energies. Now most of the time, I read that about candles, but I've read it about a few other things too. I'd think it would make your ritual items useless if you steal them, wouldn't it?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 pm
I don't think it would render the spell completely ineffective though it may put a negative spin on it. Which could effect the outcome in the mechanics of how the purpose manifests.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 am
It depends. There are ways to clear the item of past associations. If you wash the item with energy and thus break previous associations then it doesn't hold an imprint of the past energy. There are cleansing rituals people can go through in order to do this but all you really need to do is imbue it strongly enough with whatever intent you want it to have and it will naturally loose other intentions.

Think about how when you don't reaffirm a spell the power of the spell decreases with time. The ambient energy is constantly washing over it and moving through it and gradually it looses the meaning you imbued it with. You should constantly reaffirm the energy in order to make sure this doesn't happen... if she isn't completely reaffirming the energy she had when she stole it then it won't affect it too much for too long a period

Also you have to keep in mind the energy of the person when they stole the item. Not all acts of thievery are completely malicious. Some people may steal and feel very little and thus they wouldn't be imprinting the item all that much. Am imprints power is directly proportionate to both the will and the intent so both would have to be factored in order to understand what actually would be imbued in the candle.

I would probably be more worried about the subconscious affects and associations she might hold concerning altering a spell. Guilt can creep in at the most awkward places and if your feeling guilty for stealing something or have mixed feelings etc. then that will affect your spell work.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 am
Painful Accident
I'd think it would make your ritual items useless if you steal them, wouldn't it?
Why would your purview be universal?

Ishtar Shakti
If you wash the item with energy and thus break previous associations then it doesn't hold an imprint of the past energy.
Can I watch you tazer a candle please.

Quote:
You should constantly reaffirm the energy in order to make sure this doesn't happen...
I am so glad your privilege allows you to speak for all of magic and trump my cultures traditions.

Quote:
Am imprints power is directly proportionate to both the will and the intent so both would have to be factored in order to understand what actually would be imbued in the candle.
I would love to see your justification for this.  

TeaDidikai

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:06 am
TeaDidikai
I have no clue what this is supposed to mean, but it sounds like fun.. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am
kage no neko
TeaDidikai

It doesn't sound like fun to me! gonk  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:12 am
Cyrus the Elder
kage no neko
TeaDidikai

Tazers are simple ways to direct energy.

Though I suppose by Ishsha's reasoning, holding the object above the ground would work too, via cleansing with potential energy over electric.

Maybe we could just throw the item in question and cleanse it via kenetic energy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 am
TeaDidikai
Cyrus the Elder
kage no neko
TeaDidikai

Though I suppose by Ishsha's reasoning, holding the object above the ground would work too, via cleansing with potential energy over electric.

Maybe we could just throw the item in question and cleanse it via kenetic energy.

Nah, first you need to light it and then juggle 5 or more of them. 3nodding  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:18 am
Cyrus the Elder
TeaDidikai
Cyrus the Elder
kage no neko
TeaDidikai

Nah, first you need to light it and then juggle 5 or more of them. 3nodding
Well, that would account for thermal energy. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 am
Kinetic/potential energy certainly could shake up the energy already in it.. and maybe shatter a thing or two.

Tazering it still sounds like more fun.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:17 am
Painful Accident
A close friend of mine (The one who introduced me to paganism actually) steals almost everything she uses in her rituals. She steals the incense, candles, books, herbs, oils, ect. I've read in a few places that when you are holding the items you plan to use, that you should only use them FOR THAT PURPOSE, and try to empower them with positive energies. Now most of the time, I read that about candles, but I've read it about a few other things too. I'd think it would make your ritual items useless if you steal them, wouldn't it?

I'm confused- if she didn't think stealing was wrong, what is the need for empowering them with positive energies? If she did think stealing was wrong, why do it in the first place?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:06 am
Sophist
If she did think stealing was wrong, why do it in the first place?
Needed/wanted the item. For the thrill of it. Any number of reasons.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 am
TeaDidikai
Cyrus the Elder
kage no neko
TeaDidikai

Let's do all of them. Ought to be thorough. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:47 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
If she did think stealing was wrong, why do it in the first place?
Needed/wanted the item. For the thrill of it. Any number of reasons.

There are those reasons. And then there's the consequences of adopting an ethical system to do magic and then actively negating it. She would have had to consciously do what she deemed a negative act knowing that it would affect her spellworking. confused Which leaves me confuzzled. I mean why bother to adopt a system that she doesn't seem to really believe in in the first place? Or maybe I'm missing something here?  

Bastemhet

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 am
I don't think she said that her friend thought of the stealing as something negative, only she does.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff