Guitar Hero Metallica Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:07 pm
first off.

it wreaks of awesome. all the songs are epic. and its in no way, toony when you play.

oh and this is on the Wii. the toonyest system compared to others.

amazing effects, epic songs new and old, kept the rockstar creator from world tour as well as many of the items.

the animation for any metallica song is awesome. each one is unique, and they are animated with feeling, unlike other guitar hero games.

i'm curious who all got it?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:21 pm
I ordered it for the 360, I'll get it Thursday.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 pm
I should.

I saw the commercial and marked out. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:26 pm
Keep in mind for this post that I'm an enormous Rock Band 2 fanboy.

So I got GH:M for my 360. Since my 360 is currently being repaired, I enlisted my friend to bring his Xbox over so we could both enjoy the game.

Let me say - WOW. I loved everything about it. Double bass drumming is as sweet as anything has ever been. The guitar charts I played were excellent. The 90% metal content is the first post GHII game in the Guitar Hero series to actually have a really good, really functional setlist. The presentation is exceptional. And the multiplayer is actually playable, unlike World Tour.

Game gets a huge thumbs up from me. I just wish I didn't have to wait a week before I got to play it again.  

[-Stefan-]

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:28 pm
[-Stefan-]

So I got GH:M for my 360. Since my 360 is currently being repaired, I enlisted my friend to bring his Xbox over so we could both enjoy the game.

Let me say - WOW. I loved everything about it. Double bass drumming is as sweet as anything has ever been. The guitar charts I played were excellent. The 90% metal content is the first post GHII game in the Guitar Hero series to actually have a really good, really functional setlist. The presentation is exceptional. And the multiplayer is actually playable, unlike World Tour.

Game gets a huge thumbs up from me. I just wish I didn't have to wait a week before I got to play it again.
yeah world tour was ok, but the games before that were worse than WT. metallica blew em all out of the water however.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 pm
~Xiloscent~
[-Stefan-]

yeah world tour was ok, but the games before that were worse than WT. metallica blew em all out of the water however.

You didn't just say that Guitar Hero II was worse than WT.

WT was better than III and Aerosmith, sure, but nowhere near I and II.

Metallica is solidly better than WT, making it my third favorite GH game. Hell, it might get second after I play it more. METAL.  

[-Stefan-]

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:41 pm
I'm a Rock Band fangirl too but GH Metallica has

SSSSSLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:48 pm
[-Stefan-]
~Xiloscent~
[-Stefan-]

You didn't just say that Guitar Hero II was worse than WT.

WT was better than III and Aerosmith, sure, but nowhere near I and II.

Metallica is solidly better than WT, making it my third favorite GH game. Hell, it might get second after I play it more. METAL.
exluding this, i have GH for the Wii, so i've honestly never played 2, but i've seen it.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:48 pm
As much as I like Metallica, I'm going to wait to get this after a while. I'm too busy getting GTA Chinatown Wars and the new Silverstein album. After I get those, I'm going to be trying to save up money to do something special with my girlfriend over the summer, before I head off to college.

Tl;dr: Will probably get it used after a while.

@Reg:
Wait, you ordered the Metallica game?
I thought you hated Metallica.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:13 pm
It looks really cool. O:

I might have to rent it first though. I DUN HAZ JOB D:

Does it look exactly like World Tour? My character was really cool, but some of the character models in that game looked really icky. D:  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 pm
Lord of Armageddon
@Reg:

When did I say that? I have 3 of their CDs.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Regulust
Lord of Armageddon
@Reg:

Didn't you call them "over-rated garbage" alongside Nirvana in your hate list in the "Extreme Hatred" thread in the Social Room a while back? confused

EDIT: Oh, well, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask...what are the three Metallica CD's you have.

I got the albums: Master of Puppets, Metallica (their black album), ReLoad, and Death Magnetic.  

Sir Codin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:24 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Regulust
Lord of Armageddon
@Reg:

Didn't you call them "over-rated garbage" alongside Nirvana in your hate list in the "Extreme Hatred" thread in the Social Room a while back? confused

EDIT: Oh, well, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask...what are the three Metallica CD's you have.

I got the albums: Master of Puppets, Metallica (their black album), ReLoad, and Death Magnetic.

I did? I can't remember. I have Master of Puppets, Metallica, and Load.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:40 am
-Hel the Reaper-
I'm a Rock Band fangirl too but GH Metallica has

SSSSSLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw yeah, Slayer was a deciding factor in me buying the game. Along with Kyuss. It's too bad they couldn't use Angel of Death like they originally wanted to; it would have been the most insane song ever.

@Metallica Album Discussion: ride the lightning, guise  

[-Stefan-]

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:38 am
f** you guys think i should get it? well obviously

ok maybe next check in 2 weeks

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash