Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Translation reviews: Radical Dreamers done on Page 2. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 pm
So this is my project for 09. I hunted down a couple dozen fan translations of games that aren't available over here. I'm not going to tell you where to grab the games, just whether it's worth it or not. Reviews will be linked to in the first post,and will be screencap heavy, for those wondering about whether I hate your bandwidth or not.

Reviews will be about the translations themselves (the font, the translation, and in some cases, the voice work), as well as the games. My goal first and foremost is to identify who this game will be fun for, not whether it's a good game or not. We can enjoy games without them being masterpieces (See: Halo.)

Below are all the games I have to offer. Included if possible is a link to a Wikipedia page for info on the game. Secondarily, I'll link to a fansite, if no wikipedia exists or if the page sucks balls. These are to help you pick a game you may not know diddly-s**t about. I'll also have a little snippet of my own input on these.

These are the ones I've got, all I'm looking to add to that stack is DQ 5, FE 3 and 4, and maybe some NES translations if I can find a stable emulator, as well as one super secret game I'm really excited to play. Blue is what I'm playing, green is what's on the docket, red is requested stuff. You can request stuff that's on the docket, I'll bold it or something and list who requested it. Similarly, if s**t's in blue and you want to see a review faster for it than others, let me know. REQUESTS SHOULD BE DONE IN THREAD. Mostly so this thing stays on the front page. xd

Bahamut Lagoon (SNES) Wiki Rpg classics shrine
I gave this one a test spin last night, it looks interesting. Squad based combat in a strategy RPG setting. And this is the one the may or may not be related to Blood of Bahamut.
Clock Tower (SNES) Wiki
Ah, ********. I am not looking forward to reviewing this one. I am going to pee myself at least once. I do not do well with Survival horror, and apparently this is like the scariest 16 bit game ever.
Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi (GBA) Wiki
Yeah, yeah, no surprise, I'm doing a Fire Emblem review. This is the one with Roy, who is a giant p***y of a Lord. Anyways, if I can ever get past Chapter 10, I'll do a deeper review, but expect a review forthcoming soon if I can't. Hardest. Chapter. EVER. f**
Front Mission (SNES)Wiki
Oh God, I've wanted to get into this series for ******** ages now. SRPG+ Mechs? Yesplz. I tinkered with it a little last night and it looked fantastic. Gonna devour the ******** out of this one.
Go Go Ackman (SNES) Wiki
God damn, Toriyama had his fingers in a lot of s**t in the SNES days. This one looks funny as s**t, though, like Sandland was (my favorite Toriyama manga.)
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (SNES) Wiki
Okay, don't freak out...but this is a ******** fun anime fighter. It's not super deep, but it's fun. More coming soon.
Hajime No Ippo (GBA) Wiki
Holy crap, TWO fun anime fighting games in a row. I believe this one had a Wii version hit recently, and this one has the same formula: PANCH-OUT+ DBZ. As a fan of Ultimate Muscle and stuff like this, I'm excited. If I can learn how to ******** PLAY it. No tutorial or anything.
Live a Live (SNES) Wiki Kickass fansite.
Besides having the coolest title ever, this one takes RPG gaming to very different setting. READY TO WRASSLE BOY?!
Mother 3 (GBA, DURH) (seriously, do you need info or a link for this one?)
Seriously. SRSLYYYYYYY Requested by Otawara.
Radical Dreamers (SNES) Wiki
Sadly, not the Chrono Trigger fan sequel, but just as good! This is the visual style novel game that inspired Chrono Cross! If you're a fan of either you're downloading this right now anyways, so I'll stop talking. Reviewed on 1/22/09. Available on Page 2.
Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES) Wiki Fansite that doesn't seem aware that a good translation is around.
DON'T CALL IT SECRET OF MANA 2. JUST DON'T. Fans call it World of Mana, apparently.
Star Ocean (SNES) Wiki FantasyAnime
Okay, the translation I'm playing actually went above and beyond and translated the shitty 16 bit voicework too. Badass. This game is gorgeous, too. Too bad it's all ******** OKAY I WON'T SPOIL STAR OCEAN 3 s**t
Tales of Phantasia (SNES) Wiki'd Tales Wiki'd as well
Sadly, DeJap stopped translating before they could get to the voices. But it still plays like sweet, sweet gravy.
Feedback is always appreciated.

Full reviews coming soon.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 am
Just an announcement. I already received my first request by PM. It'd be more convenient if I had them in thread, so I edited the first post to show that.  

Allegro

otawara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:23 am
Mother 3 GBA.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:54 pm
What about Cave Story, does that count? I mean, it's a translated Freeware game, not a official release, so I dunno.  

Akuyoko

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 pm
I'll think about it, but I'm going to say no for now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:52 pm
You're going to tell us whether or not to play Mother 3?

Anything I'd recommend doing first would mainly be based off of the 'HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT NAME' factor, so I'm not going to request anything just yet. I will ask, though: would it be better to start with the games that you are looking forward to, or the ones that you aren't? Like, would it be better to do Clock Tower first, last, or somewhere in the middle? Whatever your answer is, pretend that was my request.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:07 pm
Zephyrkitty
You're going to tell us whether or not to play Mother 3?
xd I know, I know. That one's just on there so I can get around to playing it.

Zephyrkitty

Anything I'd recommend doing first would mainly be based off of the 'HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT NAME' factor, so I'm not going to request anything just yet. I will ask, though: would it be better to start with the games that you are looking forward to, or the ones that you aren't? Like, would it be better to do Clock Tower first, last, or somewhere in the middle? Whatever your answer is, pretend that was my request.

You can request whatever the hell you like, honestly. The only reasons I would consider not taking a request seriously would be like the above- everyone's either already played it, or everyone will be playing soon. (Like Cave Story, hopefully, but I'll get around to that one anyways.

If I weren't to have any classes, I would see myself doing a game like Clock Tower towards the middle, with some of the more obscure JRPGs towards the end. But requests are there to bump a review up, essentially.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 am
Well, DAMN... eek

After reading the wiki on Clock Tower... Ooh, good luck with that. Scary stuff...

Hmm, I could think of something to request...

I WOULD say Panel de Pon cause there was a translation of it... but they gave us that, but with Yoshi on it.

Maybe Super Genjin 2, which is Super Bonk 2, really.

The first one was released in US, but not the second, and I have stumbled across a translation patch for it...

Oh! Or maybe Jump Ultimate Stars? I found a English-patched version of it.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:41 am
Actually, Jump Ultimate Stars is a good idea, provided it's for GBA.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 am
Allegro
Actually, Jump Ultimate Stars is a good idea, provided it's for GBA.

Yeah. If you do play it, I highly recommend Don Patch, Luffy, or anyone that can dish out multi-hits.

Can't go wrong with the Don!

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:49 am
I'll put it on my list of things to do after I finish Fire Emblem

ASKJlhKDHlis,fjghks NOAH STOP DYING  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:40 pm
Allegro

ASKJlhKDHlis,fjghks ROY STOP DYING

Fixed.

I need that patch so badly.

Looked for it for ages, but the website doesn't exist anymore.  

Patchouli the Librarian

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm
Aurelia Celestis
Allegro

Fixed.

Roy IS awful. The worst lord in the series.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 pm
Allegro
Aurelia Celestis
Allegro

Fixed.

I agree...Unfortunately.

He could run away like a little p***y just like Lucas.  

Patchouli the Librarian

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:04 pm
Aurelia Celestis
Allegro
Aurelia Celestis
Allegro

Fixed.

I agree...Unfortunately.

He could run away like a little p***y just like Lucas.

Why do you think he wasn't in Brawl?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces