Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Crush Card Virus.. Overhyped/OverPriced? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dracomancer Barrelex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:44 pm
Ok, before i say anything, Crush Card is awesome effect-wise. Even so, why would anyone pay $1000 dollars for a piece of cardboard with a shiny picture? I'll admit i've used it on the games numerous times, and it helps, but think about it- its gonna become useless in the future. Look at some of the more useful cards of the past (not listing any since everyone has different experiences), they were replaced by more useful variations, and were possibly banned for over powering effects.

One thing that turns me and some other players of same mind away is the price. The online store i use, bbtoystore.com, offers the gold rare version of the card for $400 American, cheap by the sounds of some peoples rates of $500-$1000+ dollars. personally if the card is over $80, i'm not gonna order it. Its just too much to pay for.

Thats just my thoughts and if anyone has to say anything about this, please be mature and not say things such as ""Your an idiot for putting this up". Thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 pm
Two views can be taken on this card:

Game-wise: The price is stable. However, it's an average of $250 for the Gold rare, the $1,000 you see is according for the SJC prize.

My view: Not paying $250 for one card. I'd rather have a playset that to me is greater resource if I were to spend that money.

Game-wise: Effect is great, and the limitation to 1 is well called for, as it makes the game a lot more stable. Being able to know what your opponent has is good enough for the card.

My view: Effect is great, yes, but I simply don't care to obtain it.  

Jazz Turnabout

king bing bing

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 pm
The current price for crush is around $300 and I'd say it's worth it. There's not anything that can ever replace it, they've already tried 3 times and failed epically. Crush can single handedly decide a game based on if its activation is well timed. I agree that crush is too expensive but if you can find for $200 or under I suggest you go for it. It stops DAD which is killing most of us...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:41 am
Having got it for about twenty bucks in the Kaiba starter, along with Tempest, Gift, Black Hole, and Vampire and Vorus back when they were good beats, makes me feel like I won here.

OCG prints aside, more than a hundred dollars is probably way, way too much... It's a fantastic card, but the fact that hobbyists are willing to pay up to $500 for the common version is a sign that quantity supplied is not nearly near enough to quantity demanded. Keep it rare, fine... but $500 dollars worth of rare is unhealthy.  

Kuan Hsing

Futa Waifu

Eager Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:59 am
I would never buy them (unless it was at a vendor price), but I love to sell them ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:48 am
it's cheaper to try and pull it yourself buying packs...then again, it's easier to jus' buy the card itself...but still, it is pretty ridiculous...  

Bakuram

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:15 am
Bakuram
it's cheaper to try and pull it yourself buying packs...then again, it's easier to jus' buy the card itself...but still, it is pretty ridiculous...
Depending on your luck, though the other gold cards can be sold to help support your quest for CCV. With boosters being $15 and a possible $5 of cards in each means it will cost you $10 per booster to search for it.

Personally, I've never needed to buy an expensive card, I just buy booster boxes when they come out and trade a few cards.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 pm
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Bakuram
Depending on your luckprobability, though the other gold cards can be sold to help support your quest for CCV. With boosters being $15 and a possible $5 of cards in each means it will cost you $10 per booster to search for it.

Personally, I've never needed to buy an expensive card, I just buy booster boxes when they come out and trade a few cards.

i corrected it for u....sry, i turn a deaf ear to the word luck...  

Bakuram

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 am
Bakuram
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Bakuram
Depending on your luckprobability, though the other gold cards can be sold to help support your quest for CCV. With boosters being $15 and a possible $5 of cards in each means it will cost you $10 per booster to search for it.

Most peopel spend atleast £300 for 3 DAD, some people pull 3 from £7.50 worth of packs. How is that not luck?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:14 am
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Bakuram
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Bakuram

Most peopel spend atleast £300 for 3 DAD, some people pull 3 from £7.50 worth of packs. How is that not luck?

In an infinite number of pulls, the probability of pulling three DAD in a row approaches 1...  

Kuan Hsing

Rolayler

Dedicated Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:14 pm
I don't know if I should consider myself lucky my girlfriend might give me her spare CCV haha..prolly gonna put it in my Yubel deck once I make it  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 pm
Lawls. I buy em for two hundred. Poor people. I've been through three this last three months.  

Lil Beau Peep

Kain Gormly360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:19 pm
got mine at 230  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 pm
Owned 4 at one time...then realized I'd rather have cash.

Personally I want CCV banned...in my opinion it is overpowered, along with heavy storm and monster reborn.  

Vanilla Kago

Rolayler

Dedicated Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:48 pm
Vanilla Kago
Owned 4 at one time...then realized I'd rather have cash.

Personally I want CCV banned...in my opinion it is overpowered, along with heavy storm and monster reborn.
CCV isn't to overpowered...H Storm is by no means over powered nor is M Reborn really, theres always Solemn Judgement  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff