Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Wii WON! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Wii WON! No big surprise but still cool.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/console-wars-who-won-08-/1276642  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:30 pm
Really? I thought the 360 would have won.

Then again this is winning by sales. The wii won that because it's family friendly and its the cheapest.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:47 pm
l-Kathulu-l

Then again this is winning by sales. The wii won that because it's family friendly and its the cheapest.

Nope. The 360's been making huge attempts to be family friendly, and its core model is cheaper than the Wii too.

Now, it's undeniable that the Wii wouldn't win game library wise. For this year at least.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:48 pm
l-Kathulu-l

Yes. It reaches casual gamers AND hardcore.
Every console got Hardcore gamers. But it's the casual ones that makes the difference.

EDIT: Wayne is right on the Game library...
Not enough BIG games....  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:19 pm
Not surprised :/  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:15 pm
What is this tainting the taste of victory? Sony fanboys pushed the PS2 in my face for being the top-seller of last generation, when it was the "casual" or "expanded audience" console then, but now that the Wii is embracing (and stating) these factors, people act like it's a bad thing. Doesn't it seem a little messed up to anyone else that when Nintendo gets ahead, people start complaining about lack of good games, or lack of first party support, but Sony's been ahead for how long, and their first party support hasn't exactly been the driving force of their consoles either. I'm just sick of hearing "oh because it's cheap" and "oh they try to get the cazooallz" and all that bullshit, because that's what helped the PS2 win, and it's a good strategy for a company. Not enough big titles? I look at my list of Wii games, and I see something I don't see on the other consoles: Diversity. I actually have a good number of games, and guess what? They're all extremely diverse. What came out this holiday season? Shooters. What came out this year? Shooters?

What didn't I buy? Shooters. The Wii has plenty of games, and you can't use any arguments like there being a lot of shovelware, because every console has its helping of s**t, just as the PS2 did, and no one bitched back then. But oh my God, if it's Nintendo, look the ******** out, and let's start a God damn protest.

Too long; didn't read? Go Nintendo, ******** haters.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
l-Kathulu-l

Nope. The 360's been making huge attempts to be family friendly, and its core model is cheaper than the Wii too.

Now, it's undeniable that the Wii wouldn't win game library wise. For this year at least.
Spoops, forgot about the Arcade. I just got it too. With the addition of the avatars for live it could be better. That and all the arcade games are pretty simple; Uno, Worms, Bomberman, etc.

Wii definitely could not win with games. Not enough games for hardcore gamers.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:56 am
Meta_Fish
What is this tainting the taste of victory? Sony fanboys pushed the PS2 in my face for being the top-seller of last generation, when it was the "casual" or "expanded audience" console then, but now that the Wii is embracing (and stating) these factors, people act like it's a bad thing. Doesn't it seem a little messed up to anyone else that when Nintendo gets ahead, people start complaining about lack of good games, or lack of first party support, but Sony's been ahead for how long, and their first party support hasn't exactly been the driving force of their consoles either. I'm just sick of hearing "oh because it's cheap" and "oh they try to get the cazooallz" and all that bullshit, because that's what helped the PS2 win, and it's a good strategy for a company. Not enough big titles? I look at my list of Wii games, and I see something I don't see on the other consoles: Diversity. I actually have a good number of games, and guess what? They're all extremely diverse. What came out this holiday season? Shooters. What came out this year? Shooters?

What didn't I buy? Shooters. The Wii has plenty of games, and you can't use any arguments like there being a lot of shovelware, because every console has its helping of s**t, just as the PS2 did, and no one bitched back then. But oh my God, if it's Nintendo, look the ******** out, and let's start a God damn protest.

Yeah, I agree on the approach part...kinda, but the PS2's Shovelware:Quality ratio wasn't nearly as high as the Wii's, earning it more respect among the core crowd then the Wii. Nintendo has left gamers feeling abandoned by first; making an underpowered machine(not that bad on it's own, but it made it easier to make "cheap" games on the console), second; allowing shovelware to run rampant among it's machine's library(I am referring to how Nintendo will license any game for the console while MS and Sony show a little more restraint), third; making their own crappy games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Sports 2, and Wii Music(scaled in order of most forgivable - least, Wii Sports 1 being at the top for coming free with the console).
I don't know maybe I'm just bitter because I haven't bought any Wii games since Brawl and No More Heroes.
If anyone is to blame for shovelware though, it mostly the fault of third parties and the casuals that buy the shitty games(furthering the amount made).

TL;DR The PS2 constantly had games that were desirable, while the Wii has long dry periods.

Evamortte

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:05 am
Who cares how much shovelware there is? I know it hurts mainly seeing shitty and completely useless games on the Wii game shelves, but you'll learn to ignore them and appreciate the good games that are out there. And the Wii has the most fun (and that makes good games for me) goddamn games I've ever played.

Chances are I'll buy an xbox 360 once I get my salary, because I know there are good games that aren't from Nintendo. But like fish said, ******** haters. Let them stick to their elitist brutal shooting games, boring car racers, shmancy graphics and puny attempts at good protagonists.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:32 am
I Semi - Agree. I did pretty much what CT said. For Christmas I got myself a Xbox 360, but deep down I have always been a Nintendo Fanboy. I still like some of the games that have come out for the wii just for there unique well, sense of fun, for example.

-Red Steel: People said it sucked and the controls were horrible. Well I didn't care I still bought it and played it, hell I loved it.. sure sometimes you didn't want to sword fight and shoot the damned guy but hell at least it was something semi unique in the game industry in ways of game play and control, it was bound to have horrible flaws, it was pretty much a launch title.

People say the xbox is perfect in every way, hmm dose I smell your game melting in the machine? Sure Nintendo didn't get there console right on release month or so with the output of some bad games... and broken TV's but no console has had a perfect launch in a long time.

Ps2 - Cases of over heating / scratching / laser not reading on original launch model

Xbox 360 - Scratched games / Melted parts / Over heated! / RED RING OF DEATH / faulty lasers / hardware not working / the list goes on

Wii - Straps breaking / bad sensor movement tracking

Ps3 - 600$ no but seriously... who bought one? / early models over heated / no launch games AT ALL / hardware functions were bad - 6 axis were not working in some cases

Now if we look at all the things wrong with a console that happened over the years / launch (mainly launch) the Wii is not a horrible console, hell its most likely one of the better ones now a days. People can go on Hating but what ever, its there own endless paradox of hate and envy which lead them to the ever expelling of hate at there own console which brings there distasteful unwanted s**t fest to rain down liquid hate upon our own console.

To conclude I will state that with Wii sales going up and becoming number one on the charts companies will soon start making there games for the Wii over the PS's and Xbox. I expect to see some good titles soon maybe in the upcoming year.  

Cattra Nightblade

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:58 am
The problem with the term 'shovelware' is that there are quality games in that category that I actually play regularly.

I admit it. I play Shovelware! mad  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:06 am
You should see the UK's console sales! The Wii is selling 100 times more than the PS3 and 360.  

Super Cheesio

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:55 am
Evamortte
Meta_Fish

Yeah, I agree on the approach part...kinda, but the PS2's Shovelware:Quality ratio wasn't nearly as high as the Wii's, earning it more respect among the core crowd then the Wii. Nintendo has left gamers feeling abandoned by first; making an underpowered machine(not that bad on it's own, but it made it easier to make "cheap" games on the console), second; allowing shovelware to run rampant among it's machine's library(I am referring to how Nintendo will license any game for the console while MS and Sony show a little more restraint), third; making their own crappy games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Sports 2, and Wii Music(scaled in order of most forgivable - least, Wii Sports 1 being at the top for coming free with the console).
I don't know maybe I'm just bitter because I haven't bought any Wii games since Brawl and No More Heroes.
If anyone is to blame for shovelware though, it mostly the fault of third parties and the casuals that buy the shitty games(furthering the amount made).

TL;DR The PS2 constantly had games that were desirable, while the Wii has long dry periods.
This.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:32 am
Evamortte
Meta_Fish

And? A short drought means nothing if we get a tsunami later. Consider the Wii's game library as a person with a severe case of bipolar personality disorder. On the one hand, we get lots of shovelware. On the other hand, when we get good games, they're never just "good", they're

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:42 am
ChaosTorrent
Evamortte
Yeah, I agree on the approach part...kinda, but the PS2's Shovelware:Quality ratio wasn't nearly as high as the Wii's, earning it more respect among the core crowd then the Wii. Nintendo has left gamers feeling abandoned by first; making an underpowered machine(not that bad on it's own, but it made it easier to make "cheap" games on the console), second; allowing shovelware to run rampant among it's machine's library(I am referring to how Nintendo will license any game for the console while MS and Sony show a little more restraint)
Who cares how much shovelware there is? I know it hurts mainly seeing shitty and completely useless games on the Wii game shelves, but you'll learn to ignore them and appreciate the good games that are out there.

Betman
This.

Evamortte
, third; making their own crappy games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Sports 2, and Wii Music(scaled in order of most forgivable - least, Wii Sports 1 being at the top for coming free with the console).
I don't know why you're calling Wii Sports a crappy game. I can see the games not appealing to you, but they're well made, it's fun to sit down with friends (gamers or not) and play a few rounds of any of the five sports with them. Maybe Wii Fit doesn't appeal to you; that still doesn't mean it's crappy. I could just as easily say "I don't see why there are so many crappy games on the 360" and list off Bioshock, Halo 3 and Gears of War 2, just because they don't appeal to me. Sure they're well made games, but God forbid that they appeal to someone other than me. Maybe I'm just a casfag now.

Evamortte
What Wii games do you have? I have 11, but I still don't have all of the ones I want. I just can't afford to keep buying them and DS games constantly, nor do I have the time to beat all of them. Have you played De Blob? Mushroom Men? Samba De Amigo? Okami? (I hope) Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario? Elebits? Zack and Wiki? Megaman 9, World of Goo, Lost Winds, the Art Style games on WiiWare. There are good games there, you just have to be willing to try something that you aren't used to.

Evamortte
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT. It's not hurting you, it's not hurting me.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff