100%
 100%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 43

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:09 pm
I just got out of a very bad 2 year relationship. I'll save you all the details get right down to it. I'm usually very comfortable being alone and by myself, but lately I have been wanting companionship. Think this is just me getting over the girlfriend or what.. any thoughts 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:19 pm
Meh, being isn't so bad. I haven't left the house for anything besides work or finding work since June. Haven't really talked to a girl since around My birthday last year.  

Draconian Pheonix

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:23 pm
Even if you prefer to be alone, it can be hard to get used to after having had someone around you 24/7 for a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:37 pm
Dude. I get you. That's why I have a dog. biggrin  

Pink Mint Tea

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:48 pm
Pink Mint Tea
Dude. I get you. That's why I have a dog. biggrin

I have a fat cat myself 3nodding but sometimes you need to just talk to people sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:41 am
Animal, any kind almost, helps on being lonely. I'm in relationship, but still a lot alone by myself. And my cat. I'm a bit of a hermit type of a person. At one point I realized I talk more with my cat than any other living person. Shocking notion that was.

Don't forget friends, cats and dogs ease the constant feeling of being separated from others, but one needs to talk people or go nuts.  

Veddhartha

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:01 am
I agree that having a pet helps a lot. I have two cats, but they do not substitute the need for contact with humans. Having friends and family around to talk to is comforting.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:59 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
I agree that having a pet helps a lot. I have two cats, but they do not substitute the need for contact with humans. Having friends and family around to talk to is comforting.

very true 3nodding  

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:37 am
...yeah...i dont like to be alone, but given my problems i'd rather be alone than give someone else the burden of being with me.

i learned that recently.

i just knew that i had found someone who would love me regardless of my flaws...she said so herself..bleh...

before i go emo and get carried away...

being lonely may be best for some of us.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 pm
Veddhartha
Animal, any kind almost, helps on being lonely. I'm in relationship, but still a lot alone by myself. And my cat. I'm a bit of a hermit type of a person. At one point I realized I talk more with my cat than any other living person. Shocking notion that was.

Don't forget friends, cats and dogs ease the constant feeling of being separated from others, but one needs to talk people or go nuts.

On that note, I don't think I've said 100 words out loud yet today (though that will change once my mom gets home). But my situation's not normal. I'm under 'forced quarantine', from sinus surgery, and I haven't left the house since the 8th.

However, my nerves are starting to fray at this point, and I'm going to see if I can coax a friend over when she gets back from work tonight.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

CeraKnight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm
I think some people are better off being alone vs with someone. However after just coming out of a relationship I would have to agree with the census that you are lonely just because you've had someone for so long. At the same time I would recommend giving yourself some "alone" time before you look for someone else.. In the meantime surround yourself with some friends weither IRL or on here. After a while you will start to feel better..

p.s.
a pet helps too..

p.p.s
I'm lonely right now, but thats basically because I'm bored and have nothing to do and my friends aren't around.. so if anyone wants to help remedy the problem please feel free to email me and comment profile.. thanx guys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 pm
CeraKnight
... feel free to email me and comment profile.. thanx guys.

will do ^_^  

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 pm
I just looked at ok cupid (I have a neglected profile on there).

At first I was like stare then I was like gonk now I'm like talk2hand

Yeah, I'm pretty much destined to be alone. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:10 pm
I actually just got out of a really bad relationship of two years in June. It was very hard at first to not have that person around all the time and to be with because we lived together for the entirety of the relationship. I found myself wanting to hurry up and be with someone again because I just couldn't stand being so alone feeling, but that's why, I suppose, they call them "rebound relationships". It's taken up until the end of November, beginning of December, to finally feel okay with not being with anyone. And if I do find someone, I know now that it won't be "on the rebound", but because I actually feel ok and ready to start dating someone again. I have a cat, and she helped a bit, but you can't get the same sort of companionship with them as you would a human. Especially after so long of a time with someone. Hope this helps and good luck. heart I'm here if you wanna talk more. It's hard, I know.  

SaturnineZero

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:53 pm
For the last several years I have been Happily Unmarried ~ and have opted out of the dating scene. Yes it does get lonely sometimes, then I remember how miserable relationships can be and the horrors of dating. Having children tends to lessen the feeling alone thing ~ pets are also great. Work and Gaia are my main grown-up outlets, along with a few good friends. I also have very good conversations with my 19 year old daughter. Sometimes I worry she may be too mature for her age... not that I want her to go out and start drinking or something, but I worry she'll miss out on some of the best years of her youth as she focuses so much on career and how best to live the rest of her life so as not to screw up... sweatdrop

Would that I had been that smart at that age gonk  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces