Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moon Princess Oricon

1,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:14 pm
Okay, I know I'm not bad-looking, but the fact of the matter is I'm about 75 pounds overweight. I also have high cholesterol and am at risk for diabetes. Now I'm making an attempt to exercise and pay more attention to what I eat. It's not easy, but I figure it's something I have to do if I want to stay healthy and live a good life. So, are there any geezers out there facing weight-loss issues? This might be a good thread to trade tips and offer support, so how about it?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:04 am
well im a horrible type one diabetic. so yeah im a skinny little twig.

...im not saying to go my route. im just saying not to go my route.  

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:34 pm
I am fighting PCOS, Metabolic X Syndrome and a few other issues.

In one year, I have dropped 50 pounds thanks to some medical advise on a few dietary changes, certain prescriptions and vitamins and of course, eating healthy with exercise.. Im participating also with a medical study that my Dermatologist is doing. Its fascinating work and thankfully with his suggestions, I am seeing proven results...

I have 73 pounds to go and I know I can do this....

I think it would be great if we had a thread for this...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:42 pm
Guess I'm fortunate?

My blood preassure is a bit high, and so is my cholesterol...but nothing insane...a few points.

I've been overweight since the 3rd grade...I "carry it well" though.

I'm working now to take off another 50lbs.
So far this year I've dropped 30.

I've spent the last year watching my grandfather turn into something you could barely concider a human after suffering a stroke. He's always had high blood preassure and has had a triple by-pass 8 years ago.
He now has diabites....I'm not going to turn into him.  

Nadeau

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:48 pm
Interesting and needed topic.
I'm a person with sky high blood pressure without medication. At my levels it's a risk for my life. Been close to heart attack already.
There is no clear reason why it's so, except that I'm a twin and high pressure runs in earlier generations of our family. Otherwise I live normally, but I need to take meds every day for the rest of my life for this and keep on eye my stress level. That's the trickiest part.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:32 pm
Yes, I need to loose weight though I dont have high blood pressure but my grand parents do have diabeites and HBP does run in the family on my fathers side,

I curently weigh in at about 175-180

would like to get down to 145 -150 ideally or at the list turn all my fat in to muscle mass and have a well toned body. As of right now since I neither know how to or what excersieses to do to get the results I want and can not aford a gym membership or trainer. Also not able to aford a hole lot more than hamburger helper type meals, I can't work toward my goal which makes me sad. sad  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 pm
At one point I was over 350 lbs. Shameful, I know, but with the proper diet (high protien, low, low carbs) and LOTS of exersize, I've dropped about 60 lbs. I still have a ways to go, and the speed of my loss is starting to get slow, but I now know that if I put myself to it, I can get to my goal of 170 lbs.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:54 pm
Yeah, I need to lose weight. I was at 300 and got down to 230 and now I am up to 245 again after 2 years. I want to lose about 75 to 80 more pounds. It would be nice to have some support. I don't ever feel like I have any. My husband is in the military and is overweight and doesn't feel like losing the weight. He has 18 months to retirement. I hope he doesn't lose his chance. sad  

Creator Nan

black_kittie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 pm
I need to loose 40lbs to go to my perfect weight sweatdrop
I'm not proud of myself but I'm trying.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 pm
Hmm, I think they told me I was about a few pounds overweight. Or twenty.
XD
I'm developing a hulahoop o' fat!  

Pink Mint Tea

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm
I want to loose close to 100lbs. I lost about 40 a year ago, gained 10 of that back. I have been on a weight roller coaster since I had my kids. Before that, I was never over 105lbs... so currently I am more than twice the person I was before kids...

For me, the hardest part is that I know what it is like to be thin (way to crazy thin)... and now having to deal with being fat is very hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:50 pm
I'm not overweight, but I do have elevated cholesterol. I don't want to take the prescription drugs for that; I think they are very bad for your liver. I currently take 250mg of niacin every day and that is keeping my total cholesterol level at about 212. I know it's supposed to be below 200, but I feel like this is close enough for me. It is a shame that the cheap, affordable food is the very food that is the worst for you.  

ahalada

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:56 pm
My body is kinda strange. If when i was fat i wight 285. And now that im a lot thinner i still weight 285. Crazy and im active as hell  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 pm
My weight has always been a struggle for me. I was always "chubby" growing up and wearing glasses did not help my self image at all. That changed in seventh grade...my parents got me contacts and I discovered the opposite sex. I was thin until around 17. Marriage...two children... I'll be 34 in a couple of weeks and I could stand to lose 30 pounds. I have high blood pressure but it is under control. I watch it closely. I'm not unattractive and I do carry my weight well (to a degree). My husband thinks I'm sexy as hell and he's been with me since I was 16. I'm not real happy with my weight but I am working on it. I have alot of respect for anyone that attempts to lose weight and succeeds. (even if some is gained back) GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! biggrin  

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

mushy banana paste

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:54 pm
i dont have any health issues due to being overweight .. other than maybe a fear of mirrors...
i was tiny ( like size 5/6) untill i had kids...
the crazy part is i spend my days chasing around kids ( 4 under the age of 9) and then all night working and i dont lose..
well i kinda do lost a total of 6 lbs in 6 months...
i look like i weight a lot less than i do .. i look about 180 in fact im 241
so i "carry it well"
the hubby likes the added.. shall we say assets lol...
i certainly dont
just cat seem to lose the weight..
its frustrating
i mean im pretty active .. i eat really well.. the weight just doesnt come off..
but since im healthy other than the extra lbs i suppose im happy for the most part... just hard because i dont want my kids to grow up on the larger size for many obviouse reasons.. health concerns.. and other kids ya know cuz kids are mean..so i suppose thats the only reason id like to lose weight  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff