Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Hacker letter Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ultra edge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:09 am
wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance This morning I logged on to Gaia. I opened a letter fron Gaia to find out that I was being monitored for something I said yesterday in Barton Town. Apparently I said some bad things "You f**king b**tch, I don't care if you report me." Well #1 I wasn't in Barton Town yesterday and #2 I wouldn't say anything like this to anybody. So apon further reading they said that they need my account name and password. HA HA. I know for a fact that Gaia dosen't ask for your password. They already have it. Also the letter stated that if I don't reply with the information they will block me from using Gaia in 15 min. Well I have been on for some time now and nothing. So I would like to say this. DON'T give out your personnal information. Just because someone out there has nothing better to do in there life dosen't mean they can reak havok in other peoples lives. Be careful with all your personnal information and keep your password to yourselves. eek

DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:25 am
Is it just me or is everyone eles sick and tired of these scammers. Let's take em out Geezer style. Hit em with your canes, walkers, Rascal scooters or our colostamy bags!  

Jayza Wirekill

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:07 am
that happened to me once.They said that gaia "lost" my information and to give out my password and I responded like I was seriously scared and the whole time they wrote back saying "its urgent, you must give it now or you will lose your account!" so I wrote back saying "password:YouAreRetardedGetALife" I wonder if they tried it.Then reported them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 am
Actually there is this new thing what us underground people are calling Link Traps. You don't even have to put down any info at ll. Once you click on the link the person already has our info save. I know for a fact that they are being used here on gaia as well. There are a lot of people that don't believe me about ti and I had been warning them for months when it barely came out in the news yesterday. Fellow members beware. ninja ninja ninja

I know about every single scam out there since i get bout 20 of them per day.. stare stare stare stare Stupid little kids and there attempt at hacking. stare stare stare  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am
I had 2 attempted scams in all of my days, 1003 to be exact. One was someone who said that I was being reported in the standard pm format similar to ultra edge's message. The second was a users who claimed to be an admin, needed gold and wanted my Kiki to avoid a ban.

I laughed as reported them both. xd xd xd

As for as the links are concerned, unless I know of the site, like Youtube, I don't click on them while I'm on Gaia and I always look carefully one more at the redirect link.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 pm
I got hacked back in May and as far as I can work out it was by clicking a link in a thread that had been stickied by a mod. I never typed my password anywhere and it's not something that someone could guess.

Hackers are getting sneakier, even if they still try the old rubbish PM's hoping to catch people out.

Fortunately I got all my stuff back but had to ditch my account as the grimey little sod had used it to send a HEAP of PM's to random people asking for their password. 4 years I had that account, ruined by a total idiot. evil

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 pm
@Playdough Bunny:
Hahaha! I do the same thing! But generally it's more immature and obscene;
Username: Youra
Password: c**tforthinkingthiswouldwork

Noir Resurection
Actually there is this new thing what us underground people are calling Link Traps. You don't even have to put down any info at ll. Once you click on the link the person already has our info save. I know for a fact that they are being used here on gaia as well. There are a lot of people that don't believe me about ti and I had been warning them for months when it barely came out in the news yesterday. Fellow members beware. ninja ninja ninja

I dunno. I've heard that as a rumor before, but had been told by computer people that this sort of thing didn't exist. So forgive me for being more then a little suspicious about what you've put.

Out in the news? Where?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:16 pm
Karill
@Playdough Bunny:
Hahaha! I do the same thing! But generally it's more immature and obscene;
Username: Youra
Password: c**tforthinkingthiswouldwork

Noir Resurection

I dunno. I've heard that as a rumor before, but had been told by computer people that this sort of thing didn't exist. So forgive me for being more then a little suspicious about what you've put.

Out in the news? Where?

Cbs nightly news. I think they called them cyber catch or something like that. Came out last night.  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm
*finds the video of last night's news on CBS's site* I just have to let you know, Noir, if I have to sit through all this political drivel for nothing, I am going to go after you.
With a spoon. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 pm
stare Nada. Miss Katie Couric never mentioned the link hacking scheme in the CBS Evening News for October 8th even ONCE. I don't think she ever even mentioned the INTERNET.

Don't believe me?
Well, at least *I* can provide proof.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4511097n?source=mostpop_video

Hopefully that works correctly and will bring you to the episode in question.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 pm
I seem to get Hack letters more when I have high price items in the marketplace. I do not post in other areas on gaia any more, but when I would and I would be wearing a high price item I would also get hack letters.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:24 pm
Ah, I enjoy getting hacking letters. I play with the haxors as a cat does a mouse before ripping them to itsy bitsy shreds (there is a reporting involved somewhere in that process)  

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:50 am
Karill
stare Nada. Miss Katie Couric never mentioned the link hacking scheme in the CBS Evening News for October 8th even ONCE. I don't think she ever even mentioned the INTERNET.

Don't believe me?
Well, at least *I* can provide proof.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4511097n?source=mostpop_video

Hopefully that works correctly and will bring you to the episode in question.

well if it wasn't that news it was another. all I know that it was on cbs cuz when it came out i was rubbing it in my friends face. But fr sure it was cbs. It should come out again after this whole crisis thing goes bye bye.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:06 am
I have been told by my brother to be careful of clicking on links - and he is an uber-geek whose work and hobby revolves around computers. So I believe him and am wary.

Thanks for the warnings guys.  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:42 pm
I wish I had a dime for every one of these phishing PMs I received. I report them immediately. Only if I'm in a snotty mood do I reply to them with something like "nice try, you've been reported".

I've been banned before (erroneously, as proven by the fact I'm still here), and believe me, the actual Gaia Powers That Be don't send you a nice PM asking for your password when they're actually going to take action against you - they just do it, and tell you after the fact. To your email account on record.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff