Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is a ...
  Good idea.
  Bad idea.
View Results

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:03 pm
Edit: FINALLY THEY FIXED THE DICE ROLLING WOO! Okay I am starting this back up again. You will forgive me but the inability to roll or generate numbers kind of hindered the game. So with out further adieu I reopen the GNOME FLING and I will be fixing it back up. (I lost my pictures from before, but I am redoing them.)

Well, today I was gardening, and trying to find Tomato Worms on the plants and thought about how wizards have pests too. Don't know why that suddenly popped into my head. Then I thought about how the Weasley's had a gnome problem and how they flung them out of the yard. So I came up with this game.

You can give a little RP (role play) about how you found your current gnome, like it was munching on a carrot or tomato, or you can just say you grab one. Then you roll one, 100 sided die or randomly generate a number between 1-100. The higher you roll or generate the farther you have flung your gnome. At the end of one week the person who flings their gnome the farthest is the winner for that week and will be posted up here on the front page. Then another round starts the next week.

Ah yes and you are limited to three tosses a week. Just to keep people from abusing the privilege of flinging . wink

So without further adieu let the gnome fling being!
(oh and extra points if you teach them to cuss like Fred and George did! xd )

This Weeks Winner!
Katieinthebox

Past Winners: biggrin
First Week: Riku Urahara
Second Week: Lady Healing Hands And The Ghouls in Pajamas
Third Week: SuzelovesJamesPotter
Fourth Week: Katieinthebox

A new round has started on 5/18 3nodding  
KatieInTheBox rolled 1 100-sided dice: 40 Total: 40 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:04 pm
User Image
Katieinthebox pulls aside a large pumpkin leaf to find a small gnome munching on a radish. She grabs it and flings it across the yard into a shrub.  

KatieInTheBox

LadyHealingHands rolled 1 100-sided dice: 50 Total: 50 (1-100)

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 pm
LadyHealingHands spots a potato-faced gnome edging closer to a beautful, flowering mini-pomegranate bonsai. With a yell that startles the cats, she grabs the near perpetrator and, remembering to swing him around to get him dizzy, lets him fly...  
ScottieBears MiaKitty rolled 1 100-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm
Scotties MiaKitty sees a small, very ugly gnome eyeing her beautiful Asian Lillies like a midnight snack, and, enraged at the idea of her beautful flowers in the creatures mouth, grabs him up and flings him across the yard, into the weeds, and yells 'You want gourmet food, order it! Until then, make yourself useful and munch on the weeds!'  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PadfootsPet rolled 1 100-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-100)

PadfootsPet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:23 pm
I've been watching for days to figure out why my otherwise healthy rosebush has no flowers on it. When I finally stop watching, and go take the puppy outside I glance over and the gnome is eating my rosebush!!!!!

I grab the little bugger, tease Col. Mustang (my puppy) with it, then give it a hefty toss toward the center of my trailer park (oh yeah, I'm white trash).  
Diana Tregarde rolled 1 100-sided dice: 65 Total: 65 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm
I see a gnome creeping towards my Fireflower. I oughta let him try it--there's a charm on it when I wear it, so my hair doesn't fry to a crisp. Instead I take pity on him and grab him, tossing him as far as I can...  

Diana Tregarde

Diana Tregarde rolled 1 100-sided dice: 42 Total: 42 (1-100)

Diana Tregarde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Yay! All that ballet and karate training are paying off! I spot a two more of the fellas. Might as well get my other two allowed throws in. I lunge and grab one, the other hides in my (out of season) combat boots. I wind up the gnome and toss away  
Diana Tregarde rolled 1 100-sided dice: 57 Total: 57 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:14 pm
oops, getting tired. I eye the gnome in my boot. He eyes me back and sticks out his tongue. What the hell....I shake him out, grab him behind the neck where he can't bite no matter how he twists. Just watched discus practice for the Olympics. So I wind up well and try my last throw for the week...  

Diana Tregarde

hilaryparkers rolled 1 100-sided dice: 44 Total: 44 (1-100)

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Mum had been bugging me for days to find out why her potatoes were half eaten by the time she picked them. I discovered a bunch of gnomes were chomping on them. Grabbing the first one I see, I wind up and throw him out of the garden. Bloody bugger got a n** out of my finger though.  
hilaryparkers rolled 1 100-sided dice: 55 Total: 55 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm
I spot a second one trying to escape, too bad it ran right into the shed. With a laugh I pick it up, already dizzy from the clonk on the head, I wind up and toss it out of the garden as well.  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
hilaryparkers rolled 1 100-sided dice: 81 Total: 81 (1-100)

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:07 pm
I find one more hiding behind my mum's rare Fire Lilies. Wondering why it would hide there anyway, I egg it on by shaking a carrot in front of it. It came running out and attached itself to the carrot. Too tired to care, I wind up and toss the gnome and carrot out of the garden. I head inside and tell mum the rest will be gone soon.

[Fun idea! I love it!]  
Galyxies rolled 1 100-sided dice: 57 Total: 57 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:12 am
I went outside this morning to water my tomato plants, and what do I see? I very, very ugly gnome eating my tomatoes! Outraged, I picked the gnome up by one of its legs and threw it as far away from my garden as possible.  

Galyxies

Bloodsucker

Riku Masen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 99!

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 pm
I walked slowly to my garden wondering what the strange figure was. With a shocked expression I realized it was a gnome! I quietly walked over to it.Then I forcefully pick it up and throw it into to my next doors neighbors garden......"whoops." I loosely run into my house hoping they didn't see me throw a gnome in there garden.  
fireinthenight generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 22!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:21 pm
I walk into the garden and find a gnome munching on my prized strawberries. Outraged I run across the garden and grab it by it's knobbly little legs. I swing it around as fast as I can to gain momentum. Once I'm moving fast enough I prepare to let go, When the gnome bites me, I let go and Run into the house as fast as I can to get healed.  

fireinthenight

Riku Masen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 1!

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:35 pm
I whimpered a little when I realized that my neighbors threw the gnome back at my garden. So this time I threw it and now........ITS ON THE RUFF!"My neighbors must hate me."  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff