Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
forget the differences, we all serve one God. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dannixfresh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 pm
so i was looking through the debates in this guild.
and it does stir up a lot of problems between christians. people fighting over what is allowed to be worn at church or what denomination is right.

but why fight over these simple things when in fact we all love and follow Jesus Christ? Why should doctrines, and the length of our skirts and the way we wear are hair matter? We love Jesus! He gave us GRACE. grace that reaches out to everyone, no matter how we look like on the outside, we were given grace.

so lets remember that Jesus is the one who loves us, and gave us unconditional love/mercy. why should we beat each other down for how each Christian does something if Jesus has accepted us all for who we are?

so no more of this:
"if you REALLY love Jesus you would..."

we can't judge someone's love for Jesus just because they do things different from you right? only Jesus knows our heart. so come on, lets all unite with the love of Jesus and show grace to those who do not know him. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:13 am
Its called human nature at least in this day and age. We each have our own standards for our beliefs and sometimes get carried away to the point where we feel that if they do not conform to our beliefs then they are less. They are inferior. In Christianity's case many see one type of behaviour has shameful and another doesn't see it but they both try to browbeat each other into submission and acceptance. Now asking people the ever famous Rodney King quote of "can't we all just get along" is silly and with how many people populate this dying world and with everything that has happened for thousands of years, we will get along as we will when we feel we have to. Not a moment before or less. Now i understand your sentiments exactly. I myself hold no belief in God or Jesus but I see it and experience it all the same. We hold our thoughts and if one group browbeats and the other pushes, thats just what will keep going on. If you want change, a little at a time can do wonders. (:  

Ricette

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:27 am

I agree with you that as Christians shouldn't argue with one another or fight one another. And in fact, Paul told the early churches of this in his letters~

However, I do have to say this... As a Christian, I don't think we should be wearing or looking like a skank, or wearing short-shorts and tight and low cut shirts. I mean it's your choice, yes, but then I think of people and just want to ask them "what would Jesus say about this?" or, like a shirt full of gore and blood, Christians shouldn't portray violence and death...

But yeah~!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 pm
I wear a lot of Christian apparel. I wear a cross necklace just about everyday. The reason I say "just about everyday" is because I sometimes forget and I forgot today, but I actually just returned from leaving this post to go put one on. Anyway, as I said, I wear a lot of Christian apparel. I wear underOATH shirts(a Christian Screamo band) and a hoodie that has a big cross on the back and has a design on the front that says "Jesus, King of Kings". As you can see, it's a complex design. I even painted it for art one day, but that's besides the point. But, honestly I think it's a personal choice of what to wear, however, if you truly love and believe in Christ, I think you should wear something Christian at least every now and then.  

tep

Benevolent Prophet

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 pm
mazuac

I agree with you that as Christians shouldn't argue with one another or fight one another. And in fact, Paul told the early churches of this in his letters~

However, I do have to say this... As a Christian, I don't think we should be wearing or looking like a skank, or wearing short-shorts and tight and low cut shirts. I mean it's your choice, yes, but then I think of people and just want to ask them "what would Jesus say about this?" or, like a shirt full of gore and blood, Christians shouldn't portray violence and death...

But yeah~!

Makes me ask the question of "Why would Jesus have to say about all the Jesus Freaks who overload their daily wear with cross necklaces, rings, bracelets, shirts, hoodies, pants, shoes, who knows what else is overloaded with Christians symbology that his little fan club parade around in?" Eh? I understand the need to show your faith through a simple cross but to wear nothing but those things... dumb to say in the least.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:38 am

I disagree... They're just showing their faith. What about Muslim woman? They show their faith through that head piece, and us Christians can't show our faith or alliance with Jesus through our closing aside from a necklace?

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Ricette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:59 pm
mazuac

I disagree... They're just showing their faith. What about Muslim woman? They show their faith through that head piece, and us Christians can't show our faith or alliance with Jesus through our closing aside from a necklace?

You misunderstand me. I am saying its a huge annoyance and all that for people to become a tacky bulliten board for their faith by wearing nothing by their religion themed outfits. Thats its. And Trying to class in Muslim women and their head scarves is sorta low. Making it look like I hate all forms of religious dress.

I just have issues with those who ear crosses on everything they wear and wear it all the time. One cross should suffice to keep Satan away right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Erm... We don't wear Christian clothing to keep Satan away, I mean, sure it can remind us that Christ is always with us... but, it's to show what beleive in and what we stand for. If you have such a problem with the way certain people dress, then... I don't know, don't look at them or walk away... rolleyes

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:41 pm
Ricette
mazuac

But yeah~!

Makes me ask the question of "Why would Jesus have to say about all the Jesus Freaks who overload their daily wear with cross necklaces, rings, bracelets, shirts, hoodies, pants, shoes, who knows what else is overloaded with Christians symbology that his little fan club parade around in?" Eh? I understand the need to show your faith through a simple cross but to wear nothing but those things... dumb to say in the least.

I also wear some christian apparel..

but i why would we have to wear all this crap if we were just showing what Jesus wanted us to show in the first place? Why is it so freaking hard to even find a christian by a POSITIVE attribute. It's always negative, political, or condescending. Jesus didn't have to wear a JC bracelet and yet people got his message just fine.

Why are we so afraid to help people and be the light that Jesus called us to be?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:52 am
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac

But yeah~!

I also wear some christian apparel..

but i why would we have to wear all this crap if we were just showing what Jesus wanted us to show in the first place? Why is it so freaking hard to even find a christian by a POSITIVE attribute. It's always negative, political, or condescending. Jesus didn't have to wear a JC bracelet and yet people got his message just fine.

Why are we so afraid to help people and be the light that Jesus called us to be?

I agree with you there, to. So many people call themselves "Christians" but don't act like it. Like my friend Mitchell, he was even planning on going to Catholic Central! (A Highschool) Yet, he didn't act like a Christian, swearing all the time, making perverse jokes and yeah, you get the jist of it...

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 am
dannixfresh
and it does stir up a lot of problems between christians. people fighting over what is allowed to be worn at church or what denomination is right.

but why fight over these simple things when in fact we all love and follow Jesus Christ? Why should doctrines, and the length of our skirts and the way we wear are hair matter? We love Jesus! He gave us GRACE. grace that reaches out to everyone, no matter how we look like on the outside, we were given grace.

so lets remember that Jesus is the one who loves us, and gave us unconditional love/mercy. why should we beat each other down for how each Christian does something if Jesus has accepted us all for who we are?

so no more of this:

we can't judge someone's love for Jesus just because they do things different from you right? only Jesus knows our heart. so come on, lets all unite with the love of Jesus and show grace to those who do not know him. :]

That and jews and muslims.

Same God, YHWH.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:45 am
dannixfresh

so no more of this:

Your right. Fighting amongst ourselves is never the answer. We must show Jesus love to each other as well as ourselves. This can't be accomplished with infighting about the things you mentioned & more. Jesus died on the cross out of love for us. We'd do well to remember that & share that love with each other & others.  

BRIAN BRADD0CK

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:07 pm
dannixfresh

so no more of this:

i think i like you already. your right, we're all christians, whatever the denomination. we all serve one God, the one true God. why should we let the little differences get between us when our job is to spread the Word of God.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:19 pm
I think we should just obey the Bible and what God personally tells us, since we each think differenet things. We'll just have to accept the differences that rise.  

Vaeltaja

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:06 am
We are all people. Under our skin, it is the same flesh, same bone.

So let's forget our differences in religion.

How about culture too.

No thanks.

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas