Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Something big is coming? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 pm
There seems to be a lot going on in the world right now.

I've got major problems to deal with on the personal level, and there's bad juju going around locally, nationally, and internationally as well. I'm not the only one, either. Other people I've talked to have been going through a lot of serious crap personally and I've heard tell of other local crises. There are always local and personal crises, but not on this level. I know a girl who gets psychic nightmares occasionally, and they've been getting worse recently. I visited a couple of colleges, and picked up whiffs of new, dramatic discord that isn't making anybody happy.

At the same time, I have been going through a laundry list of Hero's Journey and literary clichés. Aphrodite has been telling me over and over again, she's preparing me for something big and there's a time limit on it. I don't know any real specifics, and her way of speaking to me keeps me guessing and not always accurately, but there's something big on its way.

Look at 9/11 from a magical point of view. Mass amounts of blood sacrifice, fear, terror, untold destruction, and more in the name of a religion. It wouldn't matter what religion did that, anything of that nature is going to release some heavy-duty nastiness into the psychic atmosphere of the world.

This is a time period of extremes. There's genocide in Darfur, there's chaos and bloodshed in the Middle East, and don't get me started on the corruption of industry that has reached new heights. At the same time, there are too many causes to choose from. There's charity after charity after charity, all in the name of some very real causes. I think we're going to have to choose what we're going to fight for.

Why post this? I'm looking for somebody to tell me that the spirits and deities they work with have also been talking about something big coming our way. Also, I'm looking for people to tell me that they've been experiencing personal and local conflict as well. Conflict is what it comes down to, really. Whether it's the students at a local high school staging a walk-out to protest the horrifying conditions they go to school in (which happened recently in my district) or you personally being guided by forces larger than yourself, I want to hear about it. I need to know that other people are seeing what I'm seeing, feeling what I'm feeling, and noticing what I'm noticing.

The first person to speak up is often thought of as crazy. I'll listen to you tell me that as well if that's what you think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 pm
Watch for Mr.darks.

My deities hae said nothing 3nodding  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:40 pm
Hitchcock Pajama Party
There are always local and personal crises, but not on this level.
How do you know? How do you measure that? Is what you are going through bigger than the Black Death?

Or is it "big" simply because it is more dramatic than stubbing your toe?

Quote:

I know a girl who gets psychic nightmares occasionally, and they've been getting worse recently.
How do you know she gets "psychic nightmares"? Why aren't they normal nightmares? What is the cause? Has she taken part in any sleep studies? Has she suffered personal trauma? Does she eat funky cheese before bed? Is she stressed at school/work/home? Is she telling the truth?

Quote:
I visited a couple of colleges, and picked up whiffs of new, dramatic discord that isn't making anybody happy.
And how is this different than what we saw in the Vietnam era?

Do you have any basis for comparison?

Quote:
At the same time, I have been going through a laundry list of Hero's Journey and literary clichés. Aphrodite has been telling me over and over again, she's preparing me for something big and there's a time limit on it. I don't know any real specifics, and her way of speaking to me keeps me guessing and not always accurately, but there's something big on its way.
How do you know it is Aphrodite?
And why did she choose you?

Quote:

Look at 9/11 from a magical point of view. Mass amounts of blood sacrifice, fear, terror, untold destruction, and more in the name of a religion.
This is a gross misrepresentation of what 9/11 was. For one, Allah forbids blood sacrifice (Dhabihah) to be of humans. Second, there was no "untold destruction", we know roughly how many lives were lost, where they were lost, we understand the nature of the Tower's fall, the crash into the Pentagon and the crash landing in the field. The deaths from 9/11 are far from "untold" given the advances in media coverage.

Further- it is a vastly ignorant statement to suggest it was done in the name of Religion in light of the Middle Eastern politics and the US involvement in the Sand Box over the last thirty years.

Quote:

This is a time period of extremes. There's genocide in Darfur, there's chaos and bloodshed in the Middle East, and don't get me started on the corruption of industry that has reached new heights.

Compared to- say the bloodshed in the Middle East of fifty years ago, the genocide of the Third Reich and the corruption of Industrial America that saw the murder of union leaders and members or even the abuse of the railway workers from the 1800's etc?

Quote:
I'm looking for somebody to tell me that the spirits and deities they work with have also been talking about something big coming our way.
You won't get it from me. I think it is a Historical Revisionist Slant on a Mr. Dark.
Quote:

Also, I'm looking for people to tell me that they've been experiencing personal and local conflict as well.
I do. About four times a year- but then, Mercury Retrograde is a b***h.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:22 pm
I was hoping I would be told I was wrong. I get like this sometimes.

What exactly does "Mr. Dark" mean?

Memento Mortalis Es

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 pm
Hitchcock Pajama Party
I was hoping I would be told I was wrong. I get like this sometimes.

What exactly does "Mr. Dark" mean?

So when you said "I'm looking for somebody to tell me that the spirits and deities they work with have also been talking about something big coming our way. "... you weren't being honest?

And a Mr. Dark is a name for self generated delusions of grandeur for the most part.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:42 pm
TeaDidikai
Hitchcock Pajama Party
There are always local and personal crises, but not on this level.
How do you know? How do you measure that? Is what you are going through bigger than the Black Death?

Or is it "big" simply because it is more dramatic than stubbing your toe?

Big as in history happening. As in some of the examples you mentioned.

Quote:
Quote:

I know a girl who gets psychic nightmares occasionally, and they've been getting worse recently.
How do you know she gets "psychic nightmares"? Why aren't they normal nightmares? What is the cause? Has she taken part in any sleep studies? Has she suffered personal trauma? Does she eat funky cheese before bed? Is she stressed at school/work/home? Is she telling the truth?

I can't quite remember how she explained it to me, so I will have to get back to you on that.

Quote:
Quote:
I visited a couple of colleges, and picked up whiffs of new, dramatic discord that isn't making anybody happy.
And how is this different than what we saw in the Vietnam era?

Do you have any basis for comparison?

Well, there's the war protest going on, of course. At every college I visited, there was student outrage over administrative decisions of some kind. I don't know how normal it is to have the student body of a college outraged over something and almost unified, but that's what I saw in varying degrees at almost every college. Whether on the school radio, in the student-run newspaper, or at home in student-run blogs about the college.

Quote:
Quote:
How do you know it is Aphrodite?
And why did she choose you?

I know it's not just voices in my head because she's physically led me to certain places and certain times over and over again when I could have no feasible and probable way of knowing I should be there.

Why did she choose me? I ask myself that question often.

Quote:
Quote:

Look at 9/11 from a magical point of view. Mass amounts of blood sacrifice, fear, terror, untold destruction, and more in the name of a religion.
This is a gross misrepresentation of what 9/11 was. For one, Allah forbids blood sacrifice (Dhabihah) to be of humans. Second, there was no "untold destruction", we know roughly how many lives were lost, where they were lost, we understand the nature of the Tower's fall, the crash into the Pentagon and the crash landing in the field. The deaths from 9/11 are far from "untold" given the advances in media coverage.

I'll give you that point. I acknowledge the poor choice of words.

Quote:
Further- it is a vastly ignorant statement to suggest it was done in the name of Religion in light of the Middle Eastern politics and the US involvement in the Sand Box over the last thirty years.

That point I concede as well. I did not know that Islam forbids blood sacrifice, but for whatever reason, a bunch of people were killed for the purpose of making others afraid. Right?

Quote:
Quote:

This is a time period of extremes. There's genocide in Darfur, there's chaos and bloodshed in the Middle East, and don't get me started on the corruption of industry that has reached new heights.

Compared to- say the bloodshed in the Middle East of fifty years ago, the genocide of the Third Reich and the corruption of Industrial America that saw the murder of union leaders and members or even the abuse of the railway workers from the 1800's etc?

Exactly like that. If you had said "opposed to" then I'd disagree and basically use the words "compared to."

Quote:
Quote:
I'm looking for somebody to tell me that the spirits and deities they work with have also been talking about something big coming our way.
You won't get it from me. I think it is a Historical Revisionist Slant on a Mr. Dark.
Quote:

Also, I'm looking for people to tell me that they've been experiencing personal and local conflict as well.
I do. About four times a year- but then, Mercury Retrograde is a b***h.

I meant other than the usual stuff.

------------------

I was being honest. I was looking for confirmation but hoping I wouldn't get it because what I thought was true did not seem at all pleasant to me.

Thank you for the definition.  

Memento Mortalis Es

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm
Hitchcock Pajama Party

Big as in history happening. As in some of the examples you mentioned.
Why do you think Bush's presidency is on the same scale as a world pandemic that cost hundreds of millions of lives ( dropping some populations by half) is akin to the estimated million lost?

Don't get me wrong, my brother is going over there, but it would be absurd to compare 9/11 to the scale of world events for the last four thousand years.

Quote:
Well, there's the war protest going on, of course. At every college I visited, there was student outrage over administrative decisions of some kind. I don't know how normal it is to have the student body of a college outraged over something and almost unified, but that's what I saw in varying degrees at almost every college. Whether on the school radio, in the student-run newspaper, or at home in student-run blogs about the college.
I'll ask again: How is this different from the Vietnam era protests?

Quote:
I know it's not just voices in my head because she's physically led me to certain places and certain times over and over again when I could have no feasible and probable way of knowing I should be there.
Unless it was personal intuition, happenstance, or self aggrandizing personal experiences.

What tests have you issued her?

Quote:
I did not know that Islam forbids blood sacrifice, but for whatever reason, a bunch of people were killed for the purpose of making others afraid. Right?
You misunderstand Dhabihah. However- that is beside the point. The motivations for the attack on US soil had everything to do with Middle Eastern politics and were not a function of religious sacrifice.

Quote:
Exactly like that. If you had said "opposed to" then I'd disagree and basically use the words "compared to."
And I am saying if we are comparing these, the reality of the situation is that beyond a personal sense of violation as it is happening in our time, there is no comparison beyond something akin to a bucket of water verses an ocean.

Quote:
I meant other than the usual stuff.
This is "the usual stuff". If anything, the scale of world events compared to past world events is "pleasant" as far as the number of lives effected.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:20 pm
I'm going to assume that, at the moment, I'm not forming my arguments clearly and thoroughly enough for them to stand up. I could probably respond to every one of those points, but my communication skills are not where they should be right now and may not be there again for a while.

In short, I apologize for giving you a half-formed argument with the hope that I can give you a fuller one soon. I do not believe that will happen soon, however, and I can hope that I won't try engaging in an argument again before then. If I can't even notice obvious elements of a picture (like in the other thread), then I should probably not be talking about stuff like this either.

Memento Mortalis Es

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:26 pm
patch99329
Watch for Mr.darks.

My deities hae said nothing 3nodding
Ditto. My life is pretty much the usual, and the things that suck worse than usual have either been there for awhile but I wasn't around, or they're flare-ups of ongoing situations of which I had knowledge.

The human brain likes to sort things in patterns. It's partly a defense mechanism as it helps us to prepare for the future, and it's partly a memory storage mechanism. Sometimes, however, the patterns we see or don't see can bias us for or against situations or outcomes prematurely or incorrectly.

So if we think we see a pattern that has significance, we need to be wary of what our brains might be leaving out or inventing in order to construct the pattern.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:33 pm
The short response is: you're not looking at this objectively.

DD and Patch make a great point, but to it I will add the habitual Apocryphal propaganda that pops up in every generation- from the fall of the Second Temple, the Black Death, endless wars across the world...

Every generation has it's "Something Big is Coming!"- but while it is "big" to those who experience it, it is no where near the grand cosmic scale that individuals speaking of it make it out to be.  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 am
Things always seem new and scary and big when you're living through them - less so when you're looking back on them.

It's easy to look at events in the past as not as "big" as events right now, because we know they turned out okay in the end; we wouldn't be here if they hadn't. It's like knowing the ending of a movie before you see it - there's no suspense. We can summarize all the important parts because they already happened, and skip the parts where people were uncertain or confused. We already know how WWII started, progressed, and ended, so it doesn't seem as scary as the current war, because we don't know how many people we'll lose or what the far-reaching damage of it will be on the US's future, alliances, reputation, etc. We don't know what monsters (if any, to be fair) we're creating by tilting at terroristy windmills, and we don't ultimately know if we're doing the right thing, or if anyone could've stopped this course of events from happening.

The same goes for natural disasters - we can look at old photos or paintings of destruction caused by hurricanes, tornadoes and floods, but then we can look at those areas rebuilt and repopulated, and realize it all ended up okay in the end. New Orleans is a mess right now, but someday, it'll be back to normal, if not better than normal, and Hurricane Katrina will be covered in history books as a series of governmental blunders.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:23 am
Funky. I was just reading what Grant Morrison had to say about 9-11 from a magical perspective a couple days ago.

Quote:

It's been very strange these last few days to watch what I can only identify as the incoming 'Horus' current, ripping through our certainties and complacencies with the force of a twin-engined Rolls Royce jet. I'm almost sorry now I had the pop avatar of this ancient Middle Eastern deity write '******** YOU' across Manhattan in flaming letters this time last year.

Be careful with the hypersigils folks and go read the prophetic MARVEL BOY trade again if you want to hear what our new baby god has to say about our future.

Horus is the Lord of Force and Fire. He levels and destroys, in order to rebuild anew. Horus, like all children, wants to play. He can't be fought - he's younger, faster and stronger than all of us and always will be because he is a powerful, living archetype. He does not like restriction and if restricted will explode in our faces. He is the Spirit of the Age and he likes to play with fire.

The twin towers of the World Trade Center represent the pylons of Tabu on Tarot trump 18, also known as the Moon. The moon card is a signifier of illusion and the twin towers represent the gates into the unconscious world.

Their destruction in this week's monstrous assault on thousands of unsuspecting people, signals an end to America's illusions about itself, its purpose and its boundaries. The isolationist image of a proud cowboy nation using super technology to defend us all against Cold War evil empire nuclear missile attacks is shattering along all its fault lines. Superman has just been exposed to Kryptonite. The American Century is very clearly over now as the shift in global power moves away from hi-fi monolithic, 'individualistic' structures towards lo-fi, viral cell culture models.

I like his version better.

However, there are a lot of contemporary occult writers (most of them affiliated with The Disinformation Company) who think there's something big on the horizon. The most coherent for my money would be Daniel Pinchbeck, who is mostly using the same talking points as back in the sixties about the end of the Mayan calendar. Google up the debate he had in New York with Douglas Rushkoff. A lot of great food for thought in there.

Gideon Starorzewski

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:56 pm
I get the heebie jeebies every now and then. That horrible feeling that something I can't handle is coming my way. I've lost sleep over it, at times.

It happens when I'm depressed, when I'm not, when I'm insomniacal (like now), and when I'm not. Last time, a friend got pregnant. Time before, my Grandfather was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I get the heebie jeebies when something comes along that I can't deal with, due to lack of experience, so I don't ask what it is. I just prepare myself as best I can.

I build up my divine favor, I charge any weapon I have at hand at the moment, I charge my tattoos (only used the Ogham one once to date). What I'm saying is this: while it could be nothing, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. Call your Gods, ask them what the hell they're spamming you for and if the answer isn't good enough set up voice mail.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:31 pm
Forewarned is forarmed, I would say prep and look at devining why yourself as much as possible.  

ShadowSharrow

Roukan Ookami

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:30 pm
i totaly know what yall mean!!!! i usaly get dreams a day or a week b4 something happens. like the day b4 the 2006 tsunami i had a dream where i was at the beach with my dad and brother and we were just walking the shore line when my dad toldme to looked up into the sky and so i did and i saw the moon it was bright and full and then i got hit with a wave. when i woke up i couldnt stop thinking about tsunamis the whole day! now i didnt see any of the news reports untill the next day and thats what scared me. . . . and well the last couple of months i have been having dreams about things that are always the same in ALL of my dreams . . . bones, the united states government being corupt (i dont have anything agenst amarica!!!), and Doctors. the one that bothers me the most is the bones. . . the bones were like stone but the one eye of this one set of bone was like a greenish color and was . . . weell it looked like it had been a doll's eye but wasnt. . . and idk but it made me think like it was watching something.
so yeah idk i think something is going to happen wheather its big or not idk
has anyone else been having weird dreams like mine or am i just paranoid?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff