Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Is it ok to "ignore" god? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it ok to "ignore" God?
  yes, totally!
  no way!
  do it your way
  sometimes
View Results

Dragonwinged

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:28 pm
If I talk only to the goddess, like for instance when I pray, does that make god angry, or sad, or upset? I mean I am always ignoring him, though I do try to greet both him and her, shortly, in the beginning of a prayer. Is it wrong to only focus on the goddess and not include god as much?
I wonder and I worry about this quite often. I do love both Him and Her but I don't want to talk to him, i don't feel comfortable with that. sweatdrop
Is that something that comes later??? I'm really totally confused about this, so please give me your thoughts. (Is it normal to think like this - or am I stupid for worrying? domokun )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:31 pm
I have the same problem sometimes, but honestly i think that its okay, it all depends on your reference, who you feel like talking too the most i guess, you feel more comfortable talking to the goddess thats alright. i think that its okay, as long as you pay heed to the god at some point.. (rituals etc at the apropriate times.)  

HiddenBeliefs

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:58 pm
If you do believe in him and at leastacknowledge him, I think that is enough. They know all, they understand that it can be easier to talk to her. As long as you're not skipping his sabbats. If you do all of the sabbats except for his, then he might feel somewhat angry.

Now, if you don't ACTUALLY feel ANY connection to him and are just acknowledging him because it's part of the Wiccan belief, then you need to stop. Following a God under false love is far worse than just ignoring him.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:21 pm
all of the above is true but i would advise trying to make contact with him, meditate in nature, see the power in fire, feel natures vibration, watch a sunrise just try to make contact hes really not that big and scary, i think of him as an extra dad, like a father figure.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Dragonwinged

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:42 am
Dragoness Arleeana
If you do believe in him and at leastacknowledge him, I think that is enough. They know all, they understand that it can be easier to talk to her. As long as you're not skipping his sabbats. If you do all of the sabbats except for his, then he might feel somewhat angry.

Now, if you don't ACTUALLY feel ANY connection to him and are just acknowledging him because it's part of the Wiccan belief, then you need to stop. Following a God under false love is far worse than just ignoring him.

I do feel connection to him, I just don't know what to say to him sweatdrop
But it feels good to know that he probably wont be angry. I know they understand everything, but that didn't keep me from worrying anyway whee  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:51 am
WitchyBoy
all of the above is true but i would advise trying to make contact with him, meditate in nature, see the power in fire, feel natures vibration, watch a sunrise just try to make contact hes really not that big and scary, i think of him as an extra dad, like a father figure.

It's good advise smile I hadn't thought about reaching him in other ways to stop feeling uncomfortable. I think I feel intimidating about God because of the Christian's version of god- that "one" scares me lots razz
I'm going to try your tips as soon as I come home from school today wink  

Dragonwinged

Dragonwinged

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:52 am
HiddenBeliefs
I have the same problem sometimes, but honestly i think that its okay, it all depends on your reference, who you feel like talking too the most i guess, you feel more comfortable talking to the goddess thats alright. i think that its okay, as long as you pay heed to the god at some point.. (rituals etc at the apropriate times.)

Good to know someone feels the same way! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:14 am
I think because he's the male, the father figure, is why many feel uncomfortable or uneasy around him. I mean, it's usually your father that scares you the most, even though he's the quiet kind. I know my grandfather never really yelled at me, but it was always him that I was afraid to screw up around. Fahters have that effect on most people.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Dragonwinged

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:22 am
yes. it's sad that many don't get as close to their fathers as they are to their mothers.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:56 pm
it depends for me. personally, i feel more comfortable talking to a matriarchal figure, but i have prayed to God alone, before. just like i have prayed to Goddess alone.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:27 pm
there are dualities in all things and i personally believe that there are dual energies in all things a feminine and masculine sides. i try to treat all things as such.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:47 am
WitchyBoy
there are dualities in all things and i personally believe that there are dual energies in all things a feminine and masculine sides. i try to treat all things as such.

sounds wise, and i agree. i also believe in the duality of the word  

Dragonwinged

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:56 pm
Dragonwinged
WitchyBoy

sounds wise, and i agree. i also believe in the duality of the word

ty
for instance take the humble candle fire, docile, beautiful and feminine in its nature, but given the oppurtunity its masculine side can rage fourth into an inferno destroying all.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:13 pm
I talk to the Goddess more than I talk to the God because I feel that her being a woman kind of enables her to understand me more and be more equipped to help me. If I were a man it'd probably be reversed.  

Gimonavid

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:42 pm
Gimonavid
I talk to the Goddess more than I talk to the God because I feel that her being a woman kind of enables her to understand me more and be more equipped to help me. If I were a man it'd probably be reversed.

thats true i suppose. I talk to the one who would help most, like if i need some advice on love or need encouraging words i talk to the goddess, if i need some male advice or a driving force or even a bit of fatherly reassurance its the god who lends me his ear.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games