Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Solitary or Coven Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solitary or Coven?
  Solitary
  Coven
  This'll give me gold if I click it right? Coolios!
View Results

Ijivirus

Sparkly Hunter

5,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:39 am
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully...

Do you work alone or are you apart of a coven?
Do you like it?
What do you think the benefits and downfalls are for each?

Sorry if this topic is too generic, I'm just trying to bring the guild forums back by giving people something to talk about.

Blessed be,
IXI

...as when they do it from religious conviction.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:41 am
Well, I've been practicing for 4 years now and it's all been solitary. Though since I've moved I'e found a few people who are interested in practicing together, though not as a coven. We are all part of a yahoo group that claims to be a coven, but the members arre completely inactive.

Right now were trying to figure out when we can actually do some sort of ritual together for the first time. We focus mainly on the egyptian pantheon and so are thinking of each taking a role of a God or Goddess. (there's the two guys and then me) I wold most likely be taking the role of Isis or Bastet, I havn't decided. It would actually be an evocation ritual and we would be giving blessings to all the others that attended. We're thinking thogh that we will do something smaller together, just to see how comfortable we are together and how each other works.

So far I'm liking the idea of working with others, but one downfall that I see is that they may expect more time from me if we actually get a group formed. It wouldn't be a problem, it just might be frusterating trying to plan around it.

Solitary work is great, but it can be...well,lonely. sweatdrop

I'm currently showing my boyfriend, whom I live with, the path of Wicca since he voiced interest in it. So hopefully he will find it to his liking and I'll have someone to practice with personally at home as well as having someone to add to our new group! ^_^  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:01 pm
the covens around here say i have to be 18 or older. so, i wait.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:13 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
the covens around here say i have to be 18 or older. so, i wait.

Most covens do, and if they don't, they probably arn't legit. There can be legal issues is a person is underage and practicing with legal adults.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:50 pm
For now I'm solitary, but I hope to join a coven in the future.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:04 pm
Currently I am doing the solitary thing, but for the first couple of years I had a group that I practiced with. We'd meet at least once a month for a full moon ritual - that was a really great experience for me and I miss it very much. Several years ago I was able to go to "Witch Camp" (organized by SpiralHeart). Absolutely amazing! I'd go every year if I could.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:46 am
well im solitary but once tried to get a coven started with some of my legal aged compatriots but alas our communications failed and the would be coven fell to dust so here i remain, solitary but hounded by requests to be a teacher.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:33 pm
i'm solitary, i dont hav time to be in a coven. i work at nights, im a theater technition (stage hand) but i am in a meet-up group. we meet once a month. mrgreen  

The gypsy Queen

Nahrzak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:00 pm
I've always been an Adult. No need to sparsely fill your font with a text of unenlightened Gibberisms... but solitary is of a variety of Forced (whether it be slight or of a more terrible origin) participation and covent is of a priviledge passive/willing orientation... though both are normally more then a statement of suggestion and preside befor the other as in hand in hand is the intelligence of being though to there for have less to say then the gestures you couldn't or could've used whether or not you did or you shouldn't've you really needn't more then an incredulous yern to acquire the experiences that fulfill your being of selfing... till you can understand what you have the strongest need for, it'd be best adivised you experience as much of both as it takes to finalize a selection of which one when or how much both... *yawn* have a nice say after mine... I'll be back to see hwo this developed....

Nahr
Nahrzak
(Cat)
(Cait)
Dae Muhan Vamgon Nahr

Tarot Forcasts W/Out Delay  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:01 pm
I'm into group learning... and teaching groups... though I'm not so blind nor lacking skill to miss the opportunities of a youth or student in need of a variety of one-on-one attention... but I don't really channel my teachings through others, simply the desire to learn at your own pace is the make and mold of my _________.  

Nahrzak

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:44 pm
did you swallow a thesaurus i think the gist of the shpeel was that its good to get viewpoints from both sides of the argument until you decide what fits best.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:18 pm
have you ever read a dictionary?! and you don't teach my lessons or theories... I do. You don't... Ever... read? a dictionary?!  

Nahrzak

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:57 pm
Nahrzak
have you ever read a dictionary?! and you don't teach my lessons or theories... I do. You don't... Ever... read? a dictionary?!

Actually, the problem was (and that I've seen with all of your posts so far) is that you just throw in unneeded words and repeat yourself. You can have good grammer without all the add-ins. Also, you need to learn what punctuations are, it'd make it a lot easier to read.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:01 am
Right now I'm Solitary, mainly because I haven't found a coven in the area where I live.  

Diana_Moon

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:09 am
Diana_Moon
Right now I'm Solitary, mainly because I haven't found a coven in the area where I live.

Have you tried Witchvox? If there's a coven near you it'll most likely be on that site.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games