Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Who's your spirit guide? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here Comes Amos!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:38 am
xp Maybe the term spirit guide is a little too specific. But I'm not sure how else to describe the primary non-physical person with one whom has contact. Whether this is a deity who sends you messages in a particular way, a more minor "helping" spirit whose presence you note in daily life, or something closer to a guardian spirit who warns or instructs you-- Do you have aguide of this or some other kind? How did you first get in contact with him/her/it/them? What constitutes your interaction on a typical day?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:33 am
Hmm my spirit guide with half to be dolphin but it seems to work in cohurts with my old freind. (my old freind is a dog i lost about 1 and 1/2 ago. He was German sheperad Chow mix biggrin )  

Wolven Lurker

Here Comes Amos!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:43 am
Actually my boyfriend has a similar situation; the only non-physical person he's had any contact with at all is his dog (a huskie, one of whose grandparents was an actual wolf biggrin ) who died a little more than a year ago. That was the awesomest dog.

Can I ask how you first got in contact with the dolphin spirit, though? Is there a specific entity with whom you have an understanding, or is it more a general category of spiritual energy with which you feel a bond?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:38 pm
June of this year I had a heavy-duty psychic spiritual experience when I had my first Native American-style sweat. It was actualy a sweat specifically for teens, and what happened to me was completely unexpected by the people running the thing.

Anyway, one of the things I got from that was that my totem animal (the term I prefer) is the puma (the term it wants me the use). I have found that by growling while thinking about the puma I channel it a little, and I'm slightly stronger physically for a short amount of time. I growled while doing pull-ups in gym today and set a new personal record. I also growl when I need a bit more self-confidence.  

Memento Mortalis Es

T2G

Wheezing Raider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:44 pm
The closest thing I have to a "spirit guide" is a friendly spirit who says she has been with me for a long time. Her name is Caterine, but she refuses to give any more details about herself. My totem animals are a squirrel and an otter who usually just run around and chitter at me as I work, but are extremely helpful.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:57 pm
Well, I work with a couple Disincarnates, but one in particular hangs around and chatters with me more than most. I always feel dumb talking about him, cause he's a fictional character. I don't know why he's that character, he won't let me in on that yet. I think he may be an Egregore based upon all the people getting involved in the story, or more likely just a Disincarnate taking upon that form cause it is easier for me to interact with than whatever it's True Form is. So what he is, in form, and persona... <.< Yes, I have a Spirit Guide that is the Cheshire Cat... sounds stupid I know, but...I'm stuck with him, heh, but he's not all that bad.  

Ges

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:00 am
Ges
Well, I work with a couple Disincarnates, but one in particular hangs around and chatters with me more than most. I always feel dumb talking about him, cause he's a fictional character. I don't know why he's that character, he won't let me in on that yet. I think he may be an Egregore based upon all the people getting involved in the story, or more likely just a Disincarnate taking upon that form cause it is easier for me to interact with than whatever it's True Form is. So what he is, in form, and persona... <.< Yes, I have a Spirit Guide that is the Cheshire Cat... sounds stupid I know, but...I'm stuck with him, heh, but he's not all that bad.

It's not stupid. Why is a soap bubble spherical? Because it is the most convenient form. Likewise, maybe this Disincarnate (I'd like to know exactly what the term means, by the way. And the term "Egregore.") feels that taking the form of the Cheshire Cat will best be able to communicate what it needs to communicate.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:57 pm
Manhattan
It's not stupid. Why is a soap bubble spherical? Because it is the most convenient form. Likewise, maybe this Disincarnate (I'd like to know exactly what the term means, by the way. And the term "Egregore.") feels that taking the form of the Cheshire Cat will best be able to communicate what it needs to communicate.

Yeah, I know, and I do recognize that...but there is still a part of me that feels dumb when I mention being told something "Oh, who said that?" "The Cheshire Cat" hehe, it's still a Wall in my head I guess. Even though I can understand the hows and whys of it being the Cheshire Cat, it plays havoc with the part of my mind that tells me when I read a book, or see a movie that it's not real...cause here I am stuck with an unreal character around.

Anyways Disincarnate is a term that applies to any "Spirit" that is without a physical counterpart at present. I've also seen Disembodied before, but to me that holds a specific use for a very defined type of Disincarnate.

An Egregore is a Created Disincarnate to be basic. It comes from the greek word "To watch" (yeah, the same root-word we get our precious Gregori from), because they were often just made to be a Guardian...a spiritual watchdog if you will. The best way to view it, is a Energetic Robot with AI. Varying forms, level of intelligence, programmed purposes etc.

Now on top of a purposely Created Egregore, there are Incidental ones, Egregores that just become. When you think of magic being thoughts/will effecting Reality, when people have united/continuing thoughts, than it would Create something, even if they don't will it purposefully, to be. So some people believe that famous book characters, tv characters, myths, video games, etc, hold some degree of "Realness" now, because so many people have believed in them for a time, and put thought and Energy into them. Though this latter view isn't always accepted (then again, nothing Metaphysic seems to be Universally supported, heh), it's more a Chaos Magic belief than anything.

So in my case, all the people reading or watching Alice in Wonderland, for that time while they suspend disbelief, and make the Wonderland world in their head, they were actually helping Create, and Support Egregores based upon the characters therein.

-=Edit=-

I should point out there are other definitions of Egregore from different sources, this is just a modern use of the word, and the one I use.  

Ges

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:05 pm
Orginally I had one spirit guide who takes the shape of a female angel with long black hair, dark brown eyes, and pretty white wings. She calls herself Celestine. I also have a bengal tiger that goes by the name of Noone, a male guide who calls himself Jake, and a wolf who calls himself Silver Streak. A lot of guides I know..... sweatdrop They keep coming to me ::shrugs:: they all help me a lot so I can't really complain. In fact it has a lot of advantage in it because each one specializes in something and helps me in different areas of growth. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:49 pm
My sprite guide is a woman who looks to be roughtly 25. I'm not sure what her relation is to me, if any, but her name is Carolyn.  

Aithnea Micheals

Sammirah

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:48 pm
There's a brown-haired fairy that used to follow me around, but I haven't even looked for her for years. sweatdrop Two animal spirits I feel close to are the bear and the swan.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:10 pm
edited!

Main guy: I call him my brother, not sure why. (I have two sisters and no other siblings.) Don't have much of a mental picture of him: A little boy, usually seated, seen as if out of the corner of my eye, monochrome as if filmed in black and white. Always has his hands over his face or his head turned away. But mostly just a voice. A very sarcastic voice, but one that's definitely on my side. Doesn't talk much--depends entirely on the amount of emotional instability I'm having. He tends to step in and calm me down, usually by making fun of whatever fear is obsessing me. Doesn't seem to have much of a personality of his own--he's like a glorified AI, if that makes sense.

Strongest/lengthiest contact: A thing I refer to by various names, none of which are her/its actual name, since no such naming is possible or desirable. She/it is unquestionably associated in my mind with the Hermetic vice of Wanton Destruction. Visual representation is either the little dead girl from The Ring or the "other mother" character from Neil Gaiman's Coraline. Up until very recently she/it was so continually present with me that I could look into a mirror and "call up" her/its face, meaning my facial muscles would distort very slightly in such a way as to perfectly convey the effect of her/its presence. This same face (facial expression, demeanor, action of calling up) would scare the crap out of people who knew me, and not in a good way. She/it is the subject of a lot of my poetry, and if ever involved in a magical working of any kind (even something as simple as mental visualization) will very likely bring success of the minor or short-term goal but INEVITABLY brings misery and suffering, both to me and to those people in whom I LEAST want to cause misery and suffering. I would love to further weaken the connection between myself and this entity, but am unsure of how to go about it.

Best/most interesting contact: A thing I don't think language really applies to that I think of as "the dragon", since it feels...big and wing-having and even mineral somehow. I was most strongly in touch with it last summer, when I was really really into studying quantum mechanics and string theory. However, when I'm very deeply immersed in any kind of intellectual study, whether it has to do with finance, the occult, the statistical analysis of major league baseball, or poetry, I'm likely to get a "whiff" of its presence. When it's around, connections between abstract concepts and areas of meaning become much clearer, even "sparkly" in my mind, and the space around and inside my head feels wider and brighter somehow.

Anyone who knows what any of these things are, let me know. If one of them even resembles something that your own tradition describes as having other qualities, I wanna know. It's lame being in contact with things and not having set terminology by which to define them.  

Here Comes Amos!

[Feather]s Soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:09 pm
Spirit guides? Well, I have two... err... one... Aura. Her name is Aura... or at least, that what she answers to. I most commonly see her as an angel. ... Not any more than looks... she's not some send of God who knows all and can do no wrong. I never see her face, though. She's always behind me or in my periphrial vision, so I can never get a good look at her, but I 'know' how she looks.

Next is a jackle. I have no clue why a jackle, but it creeps me out. Those I've told have a few thoughs, some say it's Aura, some say it's another. I'm known for being very polar... as in, if something good happens, something bad will happen... same for bad and good... any opposites really. So, while Aura is behind me, she's beautiful, and when I see her, she 'changes' to something dark and scary. (Yes, I get a very negative vibe from it, just as how I get a very good vibe from Aura.)

As for the daily interaction, when it's quiet I can feel Aura behind me. She usually gives words of advice that I'm supposed to mimic to others. (I'm not one to recieve advice myself... I'm one for giving it.) She usually tries to keep me from dieing... (THAT is probably not what it sounds like... no, it's nothing what it sounds like... sweatdrop )

As for the interaction with t3h creepy, it's less eventful. It runs around me, usually blocking a path I want to take. The result, I don't take that path. *shrugs* After that, it's a very ...odd... game of cause and effect.

Note: For those that remember my sig... The jackle didn't come from Anubis, Anubis came from the jackle.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:36 pm
I-X-I, tell me about the weird game of cause and effect. 'Cause with invisible people, just like regular people, what sort of beings they are is best judged by their actions...and if the jackal's actions tend to benefit more often than harm you, he might be actually on your side, even though his presence is unnerving. Like an early-warning system.

Aura makes me nervous, though. A good-angel-looking thing that turns into a scary thing when you look directly at it...a thing that gives you advice to tell other people, but doesn't advise you on how to keep watch over yourself...That sounds pretty familiar to me. Which is not a good thing. What sort of advice does she usually tell you to give?  

Here Comes Amos!

bloodykakumei23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:30 pm
My friend and I had a discussion about this after I saw this topic.. I do I have spirit that gives me a certain 'power'.

A few months ago, I had a dream that I was lost and couldn't find where I was going, and I saw this boy... He was VERY pretty, by the way. He invited me into this HUGE mansion... asked for my story, and I told him. Then, he grabbed me, and pulled me into a hug, and even in my dream, he was very warm. I could feel him bursting with energy!

Ever since then, whenever I touch someone, they (usually) say, "Oy my gosh! You're so warm? Are you sick?", and I reply simply, "No."

I think he guides me with compassion, and helps me go out of my way to 'invite my friends inside my mansion' (in a sense that I'm telling them they can trust me and confide in me.. I think..) and ease their troubles.

^_^ I love him very much, but I only see him in dreams-- and rarely at that. Ever since that last dream, I've only seen him in a passing glances.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff