Back to Guilds

Reply The DGComix Guild
How did you get into Sonic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What got you into Sonic?
The Genesis era Sonic Games (Sonic 1, 2, 3K...)
72%
 72%  [ 24 ]
The Dreamcast era Sonic Games (Sonic Adventure 1/2/shuffle)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The Multiplatform era Sonic Games (Battle, DX, Advance, Heroes...)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Archie Comics, pre-50
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Archie Comics, post-50
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sonic The Comic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The pre-Dreamcast Sonic Cartoons (SatAM, Sonic Anime...)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sonic X
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Family, friends, sprite comics, the online community
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something else
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

mystix-candy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:05 am
I first got inta sonic when the original sonic the hedgehog TV show came out...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:47 am
It was September 1992. I was out shopping one night on my way home from high school, when I saw a poster for the as yet unreleased Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in my local video game hire shop window.

The hedgehog didn't interest me any more than he ever had, but the fox - who I'd never seen before - was cute.

I never got into Sonic - I got into Tails. smile  

Nuala

GuineaCat12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:52 pm
When I was little, my brother got a genises and it came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and I used to watch, when my brother wasnt playing I started to play, though I was really young so I sucked. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:19 am
annayehC
When I was little, my brother got a genises and it came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and I used to watch, when my brother wasnt playing I started to play, though I was really young so I sucked. XD

Ooh, sounds a lot like my story. In fact, it does entirely. Except the opposite way around on one part. I have a big sister, and I'm the little brother. xp
And, also, my sister was encouraged by a neighbor. Too bad that neighbor moved away a LONG time ago...  

Angelic Light Blue

Shinguji_Himura

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm
First, there used to be this dinky little Sonic cartoon show on TV, called "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". (Different from Sonic X). I loved that show, watched it everyday it was on, memorized the opening song... and yeah. (I was young, okay?) I think it was the one with Dr. Robotnik, Scratcher, Grounder, and Cocconut. 3nodding

Then I looked Sonic up online, and found out that it was a video game, whihc made me happier. (Except I didn't have a Sega Saturn to play them). Then they came out for Gamecube a few years later and I became hooked. I dragged my friends into it, and I also read the sprite comics online. That kept up my love of Sonic the Hedgehog. (I still love it, though I'm not as obsessed anymore...)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:02 pm
I've always been into it. My dad introduced me to Sonic games when I was 2. O.o  

Wisp of an Oblivion

Red-Mist

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 am
I was first introdued with the comics. It was around the 4th issue. Last on, the tv shows came on and then the games after that. So I really must give credit to the comics. I still read them and prefer them the most.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:53 am
It was when the genesis first came out and Sonic 2 came with it. Hooked from that day on. I would watch every cartoon that they made of Sonin and read any comic I could get my hands on.  

ShadowsChaos

Lynavine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:46 am
I would like to thank the Sega Genesis for my Sonic addiction. We had a Nintendo first but the Sega was mine. I remember I could go through all the levels with ease and would beat it all the time but I haven't played the old games in such a long while. I did go out and get the Mega and Gem collections for the GC so now I can play all my old favorites!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:12 pm
Well it was a long time ago, we had the Sega CD and yeah sweatdrop Well anyways, my dad got home like early ((For some reason)) and called my brother. Instead I came and my dad gave me a cd case and it was Sonic CD. I was like only 3 or 4 years old and my dad told me that it is a videogame for the Sega CD. I showed my brother the disc and my brother told me to connect the Sega CD. I did and I suddenly started playing Sonic CD out of nowhere. My brother just watched and waited for me to finish but I kept on playing and playing and from then I've been like going through the net for info of Sonic and stuff. xd  

Darkest Intimacy

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Comical_Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:30 pm
Sonic The hedgehog is the first game I remember playing. My dad had a Genisis, and when I was 2, he let me try it out. I chose Sonic the Hedgehog, because he was blue, and he looked more friendly then the other games. I constantly played that game, never getting past the second zone. I moved on to Sonic 2 and 3, liking 3 the best just because it had Knuckles in it. After playing Soic 3 a while, I never heard or saw Sonic again...

Until, a few years later I was at a toystore, and I saw the cutscene where eggman gave chaos the first chaos emerald in Sonic Adventure. Of course, I didn't recognize the blue blur and his friends, with their new look, nor did I know what a chaos emerald was, never having collected one in the past games. Later, I discovered Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. My thoughts were Woah, When did Sonic have a new game come out? And when was the first one ever released? I played it, and I enjoyed seeing the new character Shadow and Rouge. I bought a dreamcast just so I could play the first Sonic Adventure, and 2 weeks later, they released DX. Sonic will always remain special in my heart for all those great moments of Sonic history.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:40 pm
When I first got into Sonic...it was kinda wierd.

I was at a movie/videogame rental store, and I was looking for a Spyro the Dragon game. They didn't have any, so I decided to look for something else.

I saw Sonic Adventure DX and was like, "Cool! This guy almost looks like Spyro!"

That night I played it, and fell in LOVE!!!
That was three years ago...oh yeah... |3

hedgehog-tier

Soul Selim
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:11 pm
Yeah. That is wierd allright. =P  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:08 am
I started to love sonic when my grandma got the genesis and some games that went with it. And of course she had all of the sonic games for that counsel, so I played them all. That's when I got hooked. Then I got sonic adventure one. I beat all the characters except for big, so I never fully beat the game(<.< >.> *cough* DARN YOU BIGGG! *cough* <.< >.>). I beat all the sonic games I ever got, Except for sonic riders and the new sonic game because I don't have enough money for them. I also got a box full of sonic Archie comics.  

Generation8

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:47 pm
I was a fan of the earliest games back in my early childhood, then I returned to it about a year after Heroes came out. I missed out on some of the games after Sonic and Knuckles and before SA2B. (Including SA1, since I never bought a Dreamcast)  
The DGComix Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff