Back to Guilds

Reply The DGComix Guild
How did you get into Sonic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What got you into Sonic?
The Genesis era Sonic Games (Sonic 1, 2, 3K...)
72%
 72%  [ 24 ]
The Dreamcast era Sonic Games (Sonic Adventure 1/2/shuffle)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The Multiplatform era Sonic Games (Battle, DX, Advance, Heroes...)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Archie Comics, pre-50
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Archie Comics, post-50
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sonic The Comic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The pre-Dreamcast Sonic Cartoons (SatAM, Sonic Anime...)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sonic X
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Family, friends, sprite comics, the online community
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something else
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

Max Slasher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:22 am
Well, way back when I was a wee lad...actually, when I was 3...It was 1994.

My mom bought a Sega Genisis and Sonic the Hedgehog for my third birthday. She hooked it all up for me and I began to play it. Of course, back then, I didn't know how to play video games. At all. Yet, when I played Sonic, I loved every second of it. However...I couldn't get past Green Hill Zone Act 1... sweatdrop

Then, a year later, I got a Sonic pack for my fourth birthday. Sonic 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles all at the same time. Pretty sweet. So...then I just played for a long time.

Now, I'm a much mature and much better gamer than I was before.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:57 am
A long, long time ago I rented Sonic 2 for my Genesis. It was very fun but I eventually had to return it. I told my dad that I really liked that game and later he bought it for me because some VG store was going out of business. The rest of the Genesis games would follow as my life progressed. Anyway, does anyone remember when they used to have the first Sonic game on display at Costco (formerly Price Club) or was that my Price Club only?  

Chaos_Dude

Evil Nebiros

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:36 pm
KrazyThaiBoi
I became a Sonic Fan when my cousin had Sonic on Genisis i kept playing it then i got addicted
Same here but it was my Uncle  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:08 pm
I got into it when I got a Sega Dreamcast 5 years ago. My dad sold it and now we have a Cube.  

[_Chaos~Kitsune_]

SogoTsugami

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Sonic 2 was my first video game ever >< I just turned 3 and my parents bought me a Sega. I learned how to play and bought more video games and the obsession started O_O  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:11 pm
I'm not completely sure, but I believe around the age of 3, I got a Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Not only that, but I watched the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons that had him in love with chili dogs.  

I Am The Milkman

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:30 pm
DyingDays
I'm not completely sure, but I believe around the age of 3, I got a Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Not only that, but I watched the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons that had him in love with chili dogs.

Wow. Your story is a lot like mine. Either that or I was 2.
Anywayz.
When I was 3, either that or 2, I watched my sister play VGs all day. (BTW this was when my big sis was like 10. xd ) Especially Sonic 2. So I started playing when Sonic 3 was the big obsession. I played it a lot. My favorite character was Knuckles. I didn't know what a video game was, even though I played one ALL OF THE TIME- Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Boosh-yeh! Anywayz, now I'm here. I'm a huge fan, and I'm ready to punch a Mario-fan in the face if they say Sonic sucks. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:19 pm
I'm anotehr fairly recent fan. i used to watch that Sonic Underground show casually, but i didn't really get into it until my best friend forced me to play her SA2 game. About 6months later I finaly got my own and haven't really put it down for long since. I started looking for secrets to teh game on the internet and ended up stumbling across sites like, and including, Mir's. =D  

kitsycool

et3rnal n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:18 pm
I remember... I was in fourth grade... It was a rainy day, so all the kids were forced into the cafateria. And what happened to be on WB? Sonic Underground. I fell in love at the first sight of the cartoon. After it was taken down I was disappointed, and completely forgot about Sonic until I got a collection of Sonic games for my PC. Eventually I got a Gamecube, SA2B, SADX, and SH. Yaay! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:02 pm
It was summer and the beach just didn't cut it for me, but then i saw this new game gear commercial on t.v. right then i knew i had to have it, since then i've always been a sonic freak!! Thank goodness they continued the line. I dont no about any body else but Genesis sonic era will always be the best for me...  

KittyPrint

Rizaria Homushinrin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:31 am
I got into Sonic way back when I was about 5...=3 I used to play my dad's megadrive when I visited him...so, I played Bubsy(Wicked!) Sonic 2(Oh so wicked!) and some PGA game(s**t.. xd ) So, it was like the first game I played...I liked Tails more though =3 And I liked those games for ages...then it kinda dwindled away...and was for a while, uh..replaced with Pokemon..o.o;;

AHEM! Anyways...me best mate got me interested again a few years ago, and i've been a huge fan again since! And have created my own charries, draw art, and write fan fics..=3 And even made blinkies for a long time..x_o Ouch that hurts.. xd

So, in closing...Sonic games/charries are cool...even though Sonic isn't my fave.. xd (Go Shadow! W00t!)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:23 pm
Long time ago, I started playing his games at 2 years old, I became obssed with him and kept trying to draw him, Knuckles was always my favorite before Shadow came in, btw I'm new to this guild, nice to meet everyone. 3nodding  

qurazy

m4t4t4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:22 am
Sonic 1 was my first video game 3nodding man thosse were some damn good times  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:12 am
i got into them when i was only wee (thats small for all you who dont no what that means) from the mega drive II, even tho i had sonic one of of the mega drive I.
when i was a little less wee i was asleep in dad's car. when i woke up, i found an issue of sonic the comic... i was so happy T-T  

rosetiger

L-E-Madness

Dapper Elocutionist

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:53 am
I got hooked when I saw the sonic adventure 2 battle preview gameat a Wal-Mart in Arkansas when I was 7. Me, a gamer since 5, started playing the preview before release. I got hooked and three years later, i get a gamecube and a few games, which happens to include sonic, zelda,mario,and final fantasy. I began to like Shadow alot, so he's my fave, And it's been that way ever since. I played the originals later. Heh. sweatdrop  
The DGComix Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff