Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm
Nova Blancke
"Got it." Crystalion responded. She sat down and let the doctor stick the needle in. When the blood started to flow through the tube, time seemed to be a whole lot slower than it should be. She glanced at the clock and only a few seconds had passed. Come on! It had to be at least 1 minute by now.

His dark lines under his eyes started to disappear. An eternity later he seemed to choke on his tube as he stirred a bit. His face began to look better. Swelling going down as well. The moment he called her out she began to smile. He's alright. He was going to be fine.

"I'm here tiger. Take it easy." Crystalion gently told him. After waiting a few more seconds she called out Dawn and Ravan.

"He's going to be fine now."

Ravan bolted into the room and leaped over the bed. She hovered over Leo, reached out with her arms, and pulled herself to him by his neck. Her weightlessness made it so that she wasn't actually laying on him so much as over him.

"You jerk! You big, dumb, sweet jerk! Don't you ever let me have my way ever again!" she cried through a stream of tears.

Dawn was considerably more calm, but not by much. She rushed to Leo's side and slid her arms around his torso, below Ravan. "It worked! You're okay! Thank God!"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:10 pm
Nova Blancke
"I'm here tiger. Take it easy." Crystalion gently told him. After waiting a few more seconds she called out Dawn and Ravan.

Leo grunted and moaned as he was assaulted by hugs. "Hurk! Not so rough, girls. I still hurt all over."

The doctor shook his head and grinned, "Take your lumps like a man, Leo. You'll be better in just a few minutes. We're going to leave your mother attached just to make sure we take care of all your ails."

Leo craned his neck and looked down at his arm. He saw the tube running from it to Liv's. He wanted to ask so many questions. But right then he was happy to be alive.

It happened almost as soon as Ravan went through the rift. They came from all directions, even some from the ground. Dawn started to act, but he knew what could happen if she went all out without the aid of her meds. He told her to get the kids through, and that he would hold them back as long as he could. He would've died if it hadn't been for Davis. Damned fool pushed Leo out of the way just before he was hit by a blast of spore spikes.

Without thinking, he looked to his mother and asked, "Did everyone make it through?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:19 pm
Crystalion could do nothing but smile at this display. Her kids, hugging each other, smiling, crying, being alive. That was what she wanted to see the most. Them being happy, alive and safe.

Her smile faded as he asked the question. She only knew because of Ravan but she had to tell him. Shaking her head she responded.

"Davis didn't."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:20 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
Ako started to get worried when Gidget asked him to sit. Talks like this were always hard. The concern in her voice was obvious when she asked about his blackouts, but he wasn't sure he had an answer. He took a deep breath before answering. "I don't know what it is, where, or when it started. I just...go blank sometimes. It's like I'm missing time. I've come to and found myself miles away from where I was. I'll be missing hours, days, even a week once."

Gidget looked to him with concern and curiosity. She was finally going to have a chance to confront the thing that had been affecting 1 in 50 metahumans, The fact that it was the father of her unborn child broke her heart.

"Okay...do you remember if it has ever happened after something you may have done? Like say, for example, overuse of your power or even after not using it for a while?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:29 pm
Nova Blancke
Crystalion could do nothing but smile at this display. Her kids, hugging each other, smiling, crying, being alive. That was what she wanted to see the most. Them being happy, alive and safe.

Her smile faded as he asked the question. She only knew because of Ravan but she had to tell him. Shaking her head she responded.

"Davis didn't."

The color left Leo's face, and his eyes went wide with sadness. He gently lifted Ravan off of him and slid out of Dawn's grip so he could sit up. His eyes glistened with tears and he put his hand over his mouth like he might be sick. He looked to Ravan and Dawn. The look in their eyes told him all he needed to know. The kid had turned into one of Legion's monsters.

He closed his eyes tightly, bringing the well of tears over his cheeks. His gripped his stomach with his free hand and gagged. His stomach was so empty that he could do little more than dry heave.

"Damnit...God Damnit!" he cried out as he spread his hand from over his mouth to over most of his face.

After a few seconds of silently screaming at himself he looked between his fingers at Ravan and asked, "Did you take care of him...of it?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 pm
Deora_Alvarez
She wiped her hand on a cleaner spot on her pants and came back to the moment. "Kerana, that Damian kid, and I got into a little adventure. We were outside Valhalla when we were attacked. We took refuge in my old building, but those Daedalus guys sent something big after us; this dude that could destroy walls and stuff like wet paper. Damian did something and 'unlocked my inner potential.'" She said with air quotes. "I was able to break open a water main, engulf the guy, and freeze it. I've never been more powerful."

She went from grinning proudly at her new found power and accomplishment, to hugging herself and frowning as she once again caught up to what had happened. "I almost killed him. It would have been so easy. I think Kerana is the only thing that stopped me."

Heather was listening intently to Deora's story. It sounded like the three of them had been through quite the ordeal too.

She gently brushed the Latina's arm in a friendly manner and offered, "Hey now. There's no reason to beat yourself up over that. Your life was in danger. Hell not just yours, but Damien's and Kerana's too. You did a great thing, Dee."

It then sunk in what Deora had said about having her power awakened. Her eyes shot open and she leaned in closer to ask, "Wait, Damien did that weird skin thing with you? Did you see him? Did you see Flint?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:52 pm
Nova Blancke
"What if we stop Eclipse before he succeeds? You cannot stop him. You said it yourself. He has aides around him. Help us take out his chain of command. Cripple his plans. It may be beneath you to give a boon to us filthy hiccen's but it could tip the scales. We even have Mithril! That can harm even you! Without Eclipse we will have a lot more time to figure out where to go from there on. We have the All Seeing Eyes. That alone gives us a great advantage." Theo explained as he went on he realized he was talking to Death itself. But he would not back down from this. Literally the entire world depended on it. No pressure or anything.

"If Souls are still within the Hellstar then use those. Worlds worth of souls are within that thing!. I've died twice already. I will not die a third time just to be used as fuel for your gamble!" He said a lot firmer looking straight at Crosis. His golden eyes actually glowed this time.

Crosis leaned in closer to Theonis and hissed, "Don't think I've forgotten how many times you've come close to death, boy. I am well aware of what has transpired here. The souls of the dead reveal all that they have experienced in life. The queen of the elves died at the hands of Eclipse, so I know of her pact with Olivia Crystalion. Freya Soichi died at the hands of Legion's b*****d spawn, so I know where she obtained the stone she attempted to kill Eclipse with."

Silhouette whispered in Trinity's mind in an attempt to preempt her host's possible outburst. "Steel yourself, Trinity. We will have time to deal with the events leading to Freya's death after we deal with Crosis."

"There are no souls within the Hellstar. Like Shane Morris, the beast only retains the conscious memories of the beings it ingests. To his credit, his act of sacrificing his soul so that the others may return was nob-."

Then it hit him. The hood whirled around to face Damien. A horrible rumbling emanated from within the cloak. The boy was beyond his senses because there was no soul in it. That meant it was like the thing that had consumed Freya. It was Legion's spawn. It was the Hellstar's herald.

"YOU!" he howled in a fit of rage. Something within his cloak began to glow a pale, ghostly blue.

Kerana

PixelMuse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
The color left Leo's face, and his eyes went wide with sadness. He gently lifted Ravan off of him and slid out of Dawn's grip so he could sit up. His eyes glistened with tears and he put his hand over his mouth like he might be sick. He looked to Ravan and Dawn. The look in their eyes told him all he needed to know. The kid had turned into one of Legion's monsters.

He closed his eyes tightly, bringing the well of tears over his cheeks. His gripped his stomach with his free hand and gagged. His stomach was so empty that he could do little more than dry heave.

"Damnit...God Damnit!" he cried out as he spread his hand from over his mouth to over most of his face.

After a few seconds of silently screaming at himself he looked between his fingers at Ravan and asked, "Did you take care of him...of it?"

Ravan lithly touched down behind Dawn and watched with sorrow as Leo worked through the boy's death. When Leo asked the question all she could do was nod and whisper, "Yes."

Dawn had seen what went down. She had pulled the spore spike out of Davis' arm, hoping she had done it quickly enough that he wouldn't be infected. It was never quickly enough.

"There wasn't anything you could've done, Leo. He made his choice. He chose to save the life of his big brother."  

BeaMichelle

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 pm
Legion listened but still thought it to be odd.

"Trust by proxy. A strange thing. Trusting in someone else's judgement" He responded.

Soon he arrived at he crater where he felt a presence earlier that was similar to his own. Daedelus was at the scene but he cared little for them. They were an extension of Eclipse. But no threat to him. Legio landed near the center not caring about the guns pointed at him. They were being ignored the same way a human would ignore the ants on the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 pm
Cassandra listened. But that was all she did. She knew nothing of this matter nor did she care. But she did have a good sense of danger, especially when it was towards her kid. Now was the time. Immediately she jumped in front of Damian and was ready to punch this thing back to where it came from.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm
Crystalion remained silent. She felt that if she apologized now it would make things worse. It wouldn't be long before she could take this needle out of her. But she wouldn't do it on her own. Doctors tended to know more about the subject.

Theo listened to Crosis, refusing to move an inch and kept staring right at him. But Freya's death did catch him off guard. He did not expect that. Damnit he even told her not to. Is this what she meant when she said that Rydia'd be in good hands? Goddamnit Freya!

When Crosis stopped mid explanation, something felt off. Then he turned to Damian.

Oh no.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 am
Nova Blancke
Soon he arrived at he crater where he felt a presence earlier that was similar to his own. Daedelus was at the scene but he cared little for them. They were an extension of Eclipse. But no threat to him. Legio landed near the center not caring about the guns pointed at him. They were being ignored the same way a human would ignore the ants on the ground.

The wolf remained silent for the rest of their journey. She didn't break her silence until she could make out dozens of voices shouting at what she assumed was Legio.

"They sound mad. Where did you land? she asked, genuinely curious.

"You have ten seconds to vacate or we will open fire! This is your last warning!"

That sounded like a soldier.

"Hey, I know you're nigh invincible and everything, but are you really just going to ignore that? I have a feeling that most of you is comprised of my body after the fight, and I'd prefer you not make things more cramped in here by devouring how ever many soldiers are out there." she urged.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:09 pm
Leo slammed a fist down on his matress. Although unsatisfying to him, he blew a hole through the bedding with a burst of air pressure.

"That wasn't his choice to make, Dawn! He was just a kid. We all agreed that if any of us died, it'd either be because either Ravan or myself did so to save the others. We're the oldest, we make that sacrifice."

The doctor shook his head and removed the tubing from Liv and Leo's arms. He dressed the injection sites, and then he slapped Leo on the sude of his head.

"He obviously thought you were more important. Don't be so damn selfish. You cheapen his sacrifice by denying it. It sucks, but you don't get to say what was or wasn't his choice now. If I had to guess, he probably didn't see it as a choice."

"Now if you'll all excuse me, I have patients in more critical conditions that I need to check on. Kids...ma'am."

Leo watched the doctor leave while rubbing the side of his head. He knew that what the doctor said made some sense, but it didn't hurt any less.

He looked back over to Crystalion and said, "I'm sorry, Mom. Thanks for giving me your blood. How did you get here?"
BeaMichelle

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:49 pm
Ravan immediately ran interferance and blurted out, "She zipped through the rift just before I closed it. She got here before we did so that Valhalla would be ready for us."

Dawn raised a brow and shook her head. She heard her younger father call ahead. Between that and Ravan's notoriously terrible poker face, she knew her "big sister" had to be lying.

"What are you talking about?" she asked Ravan with a heavily incredulous tone.

Ravan glared at Dawn with wide eyes and said through grit teeth and a false grin, "Shut the ******** up, Dawn."

That led to a storm of bickering that could only be had by siblings.  

BeaMichelle

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:25 pm
Crystalion had no right to intervene in this conversation. But was thankful for the doctors intervenience. He said what needed to be said. She gave a nod to him as he left. "Thanks doc."

She rubbed the injection spot but there was nothing there. As expected of her regeneration ability. Upon hearing his question, she took a deep breath to answer him fully. But was interrupted by Ravan. It was kind of her to protect Crystalion but not necessary. But then Dawn basically called her out on her lie and then s**t hit the proverbial fan. To her the bickering was adorable. Normally she'd cut it short because you never knew what was around the corner. But here? Here they could bicker till they both drop. Crystalion couldn't help but chuckle. It was good to see them like this. But she did have to say one thing.

"Language, girls! The little ones are here." After that she turned to Leo and put her hands on his." She is partially right. I had to leave to keep the Titan class away from you all. They were getting more focused. You all needed more time to finish the machine. I ...fought them for months. It wasn't easy but...you know me. I'm quite stubborn. I just wish I noticed the smaller ones faster. I'm sorry."

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games