Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:07 am
Meanwhile a small group of Adam's troops were protecting the dragon priests. Despite all warning from the troops they remained awaiting for the return of the dragon.

They did their best to keep the zombies at bay. These zombies weren't just monsters. They were once people they knew, close friends, and even family. Now they were only familiar distorted faces that they had to slay to stay alive. Things took a sudden turn for the worst as this team found themselves surrounded by a thick wall of zombies. They kept fighting even though the odds were against them.

Just when they thought it was all over, all their options were exhausted, they dropped, dead, literally.

The dragon priests immediately praised the dragon for this 'miracle'. But then something else happened. Continuous earthquakes, parts of the island were beginning to crumble. For some reason the church seem to be holding up well under the circumstances. The order was given to go to the roof of the church. The troops followed in suite ensuring that every last one of the priests made their way to the roof.

Once on the roof the priests began to pray while the knights surrounded them, trying to figure out what to do next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trinity watched in horror as the island began to crumble. She heard the laughter then stood up. Sill, Dusk is doing this from the Shadow Realm, isn't he? There's probably no way to restore the island. But we need to stop him this is only the beginning.

Then she heard something else among the chaos. Prayer? "Heather do you hear that? Sounds like chanting or a prayer. I know it may be dangerous but try to get closer, I think I can bring them on board quickly if we're close enough."
She sat back down as she flew.

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:56 pm
Nova Blancke
Liv lost her balance and she took fell over. Eclipse had fooled them.

"Take her or leave her. We have to go now!" Liv said as she hastily got up and extended her hand to Rydia. Once she took her hand everyone she connected with would be blinked out of there. To the nearest island. Hopefully...to safety.

Rydia quickly reached out for the girl and took her hand. Carak had leaped into her lap just as Liv initiated the blink.

They found themselves on the closest beach. Unfortunately it was not the same island that the survivors had escaped to. Falling boulders could be seen in the far distance.

"We should be sthafe here stho long asth a large chunk doesthn't fall off and causthe a tidal wafe." stated the princess.

Carak barked in agreement and began to survey the surrounding area.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:02 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
Ako landed heavily just in front of the DJ booth, taking a couple clomping, slashing steps to stop his momentum. He knew he'd hit his target, and had seen him go down, so he knew he had a moment to relax. He heard Gidget begin to celebrate and complain about the smell, and couldn't help but take a sniff of the air. At first, all the smelled was the ozone in his clothes and the air around him. It wasn't until he stepped out of his own invisible cloud to walk around the booth that he smelled the odor of burned flesh.

The sight of the still form wearing the smoking mask stopped him cold. He hadn't meant to kill the man. He'd only wanted to stun him, and fry the electronics. The noise had fogged his brain, and interfered with his control. It made him send out more power than he'd planned.

It wasn't the first time he'd killed someone. It wasn't even the first accident. It was, however, the first time he'd done it since coming back from his wanderings and settled down. It was the first time someone he cared about saw him do it.

"I didn't mean to." He uttered as Gidget approached. The tough guy appearance he tried to culture chipped away a little as his face paled and his voice softened.

Gidget jogged up to Ako and put her arms around him.

"Shh. I know. It's okay." she whispered in a soothing voice. "I don't think any less of you. Plus he was trying to kill us."

Gidget had killed before. Granted it was her doppelganger that had done the killing, but she had memories of the events. She didn't blame Ako at all. They weren't given much choice.

She looked around the parking garage to make sure there wasn't anyone else coming up or down the ramps. She turned back to Ako and said, "I think we're in the clear. We should probably get back to Valhalla."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 pm
PixelMuse
Trinity watched in horror as the island began to crumble. She heard the laughter then stood up. Sill, Dusk is doing this from the Shadow Realm, isn't he? There's probably no way to restore the island. But we need to stop him this is only the beginning.

Then she heard something else among the chaos. Prayer? "Heather do you hear that? Sounds like chanting or a prayer. I know it may be dangerous but try to get closer, I think I can bring them on board quickly if we're close enough."
She sat back down as she flew.

Sill's eye rolled to look toward Trinity. "It is Dusk, but he is not doing this from the shadow realm. He is doing this with raw power. I have no time to explain, suffice to say that he doesn't have a true form on this plane of reality. He must have been forced into this action, or else he would have done it much sooner. I have a feeling he's straining himself considerably to bring this island down."

Heather heard the chanting as well. It sounded familiar and recent. Her curiosity turned to annoyance when she realized the priests hadn't left.

"Aw Hell. Hold on Trinity!" she shouted.

She adjusted herself and began to fly in the direction of the rooftop the priests and their guardian was atop of. The ground around it was pocked with holes and on the verge of collapse.

She set herself on the far end of the roof and dispersed her weight as much as she could so that the building wouldn't collapse. She had landed with her back turned so that the elves could climb her tail up to her back. She wasn't sure how many she'd be able to fit, but she was going to try and save them all.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:37 pm
Liv allowed herself to fall on her butt when they reached shore. She took a breather now that she could. She firmly planted her hands in the sand and leaned back to get some well deserved rest.

After a few short minutes she realized she still had all that blood on her. Most of it wasn't hers. She got up and just walked into the ocean untill she was halfway in there. Liv then simply scooped up some water to clean her face.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:42 pm
Nova Blancke

Theo took the phone and read the text. If it really was something Alec saw then it was true. But it didn't mention when and Theo had no idea how long Trinity would be there. He hasn't received a text from her yet. No reception most likely. Even Kerena couldn't send this text. At this moment...there was nothing he could do.

"Thank for letting me know." He returned the phone."If Alexavier can't reach them then the Bermuda's is out of his reach. Not surprising it's a long way from here. God, there's always something with that woman and danger." Theonis sighed." She's like a magnet to it it seems. Anyway, Liv is with her if things do go south I expect her to return right away and inform me about it. There is nothing I can do at this time. A plane would take too long and we don't have the teleporters that can make a blind jump like that."

Drops of salty tears crawled down her cheeks. "Tha-thats it!?!?" she slammed both of her hands on his desk. "'That woman'is your girlfriend!" Her green eyes blurred as she looked into his golden eyes. "and why she insists on sticking with you is something I will never understand this. But understand this... how do you think she is going to react when she finds out you sit here comfortably behind your desk twiddling your thumbs waiting for your cue?!"

"There's a whole tidal wave coming their way! Or did you skip that?! How are she and Liv are supposed to save everyone? Their power can only do so much." Kerana took her phone back. With her ears flattened and the look of defeat on her face, she whipped her eyes and said, "C'mon Deora. We gotta tell Alec we've done all we can to get his message through... we failed." she started walking out of his office.

Deora_Alvarez

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:20 pm
Thea couldn't move very much, so when then teleportation happened she was only able to tense up. Even though it had only been a second, she felt like she was falling.

She was still quite tense when they ended up on the beach. She trembled as she tried to figure out where she was.

"What happened? Where are we? Are you still there?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:37 pm
Rydia just stood and watched as her only home fell into the ocean just before the horizon. She swore she could make out parts of buildings among the boulders.

Carak trotted over to the girl as soon as he heard her start whimpering. Rydia couldn't help but smirk. As dangerous as he looked he was still a big softy. The smirk began to break as her lower lip trembled and the tears began to flow.

It all caught up to her at once. The only life she had known was gone. Her parents were dead; killed by an ancient evil that she had severely underestimated. Her friends, servants, and so many others had fallen prey to it's wicked plan. To what end? She didn't even know that.

She fell to her knees and started hammering the sand with her fists. At the time she was unaware, but she began screaming mindlessly. The screaming turned to profanity, and then finally to sobs as she began to slow her assault on the ground beneath her.

She stayed on her knees and elbows, her head laying in the sand. Like the strange girl, Rydia didn't want to move.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 pm
Theo raised his eye brow at her reaction. He had forgotten that she was a very emotional girl.

"She is not alone. She is not some little girl that needs constant baby sitting. She can handle herself. What do you expect me to do?" Theonis responded calm at first but growing angry as he ended. This girl knew nothing of what he was doing.

He slowly got up and pressed his hands on the desk."It's impossible to save everyone on that island! Tell me, what would you have me do?! All options that I can think of are of no use! There is no reception, other teleporters can't make that jump, no telepath can reach that place and no plane can reach it in time! Tell me if you got an idea. But you don't. That's why you came here. Don't get pissed off just because you don't like the answer!" He really raised his voice at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:35 pm
Liv turned around at Rydia's outburst. She had hoped it wouldn't come until later. Her mother made her promise to take care of her. It really was the least she could do for her. The water dripped off of her as she stood in front of Rydia. She sat down in her knees between Rydia's hands. Leaning over a bit she scooped her up a bit. Lifting up Rydia's upper body and tightly pressed her against herself.

"It'll be alright....I'm here for you..." She whispered softly.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:47 pm
Rydia held Liv equally as tight as she calmed down a little bit at a time. She sniffled and huffed when she came to realize where she was resting her head.

In a sad and pitiful tone she muttered, "You're crazy soft."

She sat up on her own and rubbed the tears from her eyes after dusting some sand off of her hands.

"Thanks, but what did you mean when you sthaid you'd be there for me? You hardly know me."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:53 pm
"I get that a lot." She softly responded.

She let the girl sit up." Your mother....knew this would happen. I had a talk with her before I came to you. Rydia...she knew she wasn't going to survive. I...was asked to...take you with me. To look after you." Liv said carefully trying to word it properly.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:14 pm
Nova Blancke
Theo raised his eye brow at her reaction. He had forgotten that she was a very emotional girl.

"She is not alone. She is not some little girl that needs constant baby sitting. She can handle herself. What do you expect me to do?" Theonis responded calm at first but growing angry as he ended. This girl knew nothing of what he was doing.

He slowly got up and pressed his hands on the desk."It's impossible to save everyone on that island! Tell me, what would you have me do?! All options that I can think of are of no use! There is no reception, other teleporters can't make that jump, no telepath can reach that place and no plane can reach it in time! Tell me if you got an idea. But you don't. That's why you came here. Don't get pissed off just because you don't like the answer!" He really raised his voice at the end.

Her tale twitched like it had some kink in it. "No she isn't some little girl but she's also not a god! She would call for back up if she needed it, would she not? How do we know for certain that she doesn't need back up at all? Alec told me that even though Trinity and Liv will be back safe and sound a lot of people are going to die. A lot of people that the rest of the world doesn't know about. Do you think the world is ready to learn about this civilization that was on this floating island?"

"If I were you I would send a few jets regardless. They are either getting there before the tidal wave hits and save some people or after to clean up th-the bodies."

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:15 pm
Rydia was stupefied as she tried to process what she had heard.

"What? I...but...she..."

She peeked her left eye open for a moment so she could confirm something that had just come to mind. Her mouth went agape when she confirmed what she had feared.

"She knew. She knew and didn't sthay anything. To me, to Dad...anyone." she growled.

She tore some fabric from her mouth cover and wrapped it over her head to cover her left eye.

"I hope that doesthn't mean you're sthupposthed to be my legal guardian or sthomething. 'Cuz it'sth gonna be weird hitting on you if you're like a big sthisther or a sthurrogate mother."

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:29 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Sill's eye rolled to look toward Trinity. "It is Dusk, but he is not doing this from the shadow realm. He is doing this with raw power. I have no time to explain, suffice to say that he doesn't have a true form on this plane of reality. He must have been forced into this action, or else he would have done it much sooner. I have a feeling he's straining himself considerably to bring this island down."

She set herself on the far end of the roof and dispersed her weight as much as she could so that the building wouldn't collapse. She had landed with her back turned so that the elves could climb her tail up to her back. She wasn't sure how many she'd be able to fit, but she was going to try and save them all.

As the priests and knights were boarding something about what Sill said caused her to remember what happened when she first came across Sill. She was without a body and fearing death because it couldn't take the amount of light Liv was dishing out. "That's it…" she whispered. "He's in his true form now, which means light would have a similar effect as what light had on you. If I could get Liv to the right place, and this is seriously straining him… we could take him out, right?"

The last knight on the dragon tail raised his sword signaling that, that was everyone. "Heather, we need to find Liv."  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games