Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:59 pm
"Well he is certainly adorable in his own way. Shy boys are kinda cute." Liv responded with a chuckle. He wasn't her taste what so ever. But still, if he made Kerana happy. She'd be happy for her.

Alexavier grinned. Mind assaults didn't work on him. They never did. Daedelus had done a lot of testing in that area. But if the kid would think that he could, why not let him try? It would certainly keep Cassandra off his back about never spending time with him.

He didn't bother looking up from his book. "She is heading south east and almost out of my range. I know that's hard to believe but even I have my range."

Theo greeted the kid. Man he really looked like Shane now that he was getting older. And it seemed he had manners. Unlike Alexavier he didn't read everyone's mind. " Heather is gone. Taken by something in the shadow. At least now I have a general direction to start looking. Thanks"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:14 pm
PixelMuse
Rikki Tikki Travi

Elves? It didn't occur to her before, that the whole clan would carry those traits. She had thought for the longest time that it was only she and her senseis were the only ones that carry those characteristics. She wondered briefly if that meant all of them also had the ability to do shadow manipulation.

As Freya tried to get on her feet, she bit her lip. Currently she was in worse shape. She helped her back up on the bed and pressed the button above her bed to summon a healer. She rubbed her head as Shade replied. She listened to Freya's request then quirked an eyebrow at the request for a meteor fragment. "Healer is on the way.... but... a meteor fragment? Freya you can't be serious you don't know what that stuff is going to do to you..."

A healer rushed in. Before he could say anything, Freya pointed to her legs. Knowing her patient history he understood immediately. He knelt beside her and got to work restoring her leg muscles.

Freya returned her attention to Trinity and smirked.

"You're right. I have absolutely no idea what will happen to me. I do know this much: I can't control shadows the way you and Teshoumaru do anymore. Without something to level the playing field, I don't stand a chance at helping you beat him."

"I know it's a gamble, but I'm not asking you. I am telling you, that if you don't get me a fragment voluntarily I'm gonna steal one. I am trying to do you the courtesy of not undermining your authority."

"Speaking of which, don't say anything about what you're hearing now, kid."

The healer froze up for a second, but nodded and got right back to work.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:59 am
Kerana

Kerana stopped giggling when she noticed Alec was chocking. She grabbed the cup of water that was on a table sitting next to him. "I'm sorry Alec. Here drink this." she handed him the cup of water. He had come so far in his recovery and did not want to loose him now, she would feel so bad that his death was caused by one of her cookies. She probably would never bake again.

Alec grabbed the cup and took a swig of water to calm his throat spasms. He felt bad about making Kerana worry again.

"I'm okay, really. It just went down the wrong pipe is all."

He took a deep breath and sank into the hospital bed. "How is Heather? Today is the day of her trial, right?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 am
Nova Blancke

Alexavier grinned. Mind assaults didn't work on him. They never did. Daedelus had done a lot of testing in that area. But if the kid would think that he could, why not let him try? It would certainly keep Cassandra off his back about never spending time with him.

He didn't bother looking up from his book. "She is heading south east and almost out of my range. I know that's hard to believe but even I have my range."

Theo greeted the kid. Man he really looked like Shane now that he was getting older. And it seemed he had manners. Unlike Alexavier he didn't read everyone's mind. " Heather is gone. Taken by something in the shadow. At least now I have a general direction to start looking. Thanks"

Damien was silent as Theonis entered and left. The comment Alexavier had made about his range brought a question to mind.

"Hey Dad, what was it like when you and Mom still had a physiological connection? Was it painful, or was it more a nagging feeling that you weren't complete?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:29 am
"We are one, complete. But only in our minds. Reality was a constant reminder that we weren't.So we were satisfied and yet at the same time...displeased. So we stuck together as it was the closest we could be to being one. Now we can still feel each other but we don't need to be together. We are both individuals as opposed to before when together we were one individual." Alexavier explained.

"I was usually in charge. But when something unsettled me, she became active and in charge. While my personality kind of got buried for a while."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:34 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Alec grabbed the cup and took a swig of water to calm his throat spasms. He felt bad about making Kerana worry again.

"I'm okay, really. It just went down the wrong pipe is all."

He took a deep breath and sank into the hospital bed. "How is Heather? Today is the day of her trial, right?"

Kerana felt relieved when Alec reassured that he was okay. "We were just visiting her just now, to cheer her up. Even brought her some cookies as well. Glad to say she was feeling much better despite the circumstance."

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:29 am
Rikki Tikki Travi

A healer rushed in. Before he could say anything, Freya pointed to her legs. Knowing her patient history he understood immediately. He knelt beside her and got to work restoring her leg muscles.

Freya returned her attention to Trinity and smirked.

"You're right. I have absolutely no idea what will happen to me. I do know this much: I can't control shadows the way you and Teshoumaru do anymore. Without something to level the playing field, I don't stand a chance at helping you beat him."

"I know it's a gamble, but I'm not asking you. I am telling you, that if you don't get me a fragment voluntarily I'm gonna steal one. I am trying to do you the courtesy of not undermining your authority."

"Speaking of which, don't say anything about what you're hearing now, kid."

The healer froze up for a second, but nodded and got right back to work.

Trinity folded her arms as Freya told her what she needed, "I do appreciate that, I'll see what I can do. But something to keep in mind, I'm willing to return Shade to you, if that's what you want. I initially intended to be a temporary host until I could return her to you, if we will be heading there with your sister... I dunno she may have a way of doing that. Regardless, I'll go ahead and proceed with arrangements, bye for now." she waited for her to respond then left.

She needed to talk to Theonis and Gidget about Heather. She emerged behind Theonis and placed a hand on his shoulder, "We don't have much time... we need to meet up with Gidget. I'll explain on the way." She and Theonis dropped into their shadow and Trinity gave her on the hour status report which mostly covered what happened with Liv and Freya but decided to hold off what happened to Heather until they joined Gidget. Seconds later they emerged in Gidget's lab, "Hi Gidget, I know I got my power back... no time to celebrate or explain right now... it's Heather... Dusk, an ancient being of shadow and chaos is taking her to the home of the Soichi clan, an island above the Bermuda Triangle. I can't travel there but based on what Freya said, I'm going to need to take her with me on a fast ship and a piece of a meteor."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:07 am
Theo knew she had her power back still he had to get used to her having it again. The last month she couldn't surprise him like that since it was damn hard to do so. Now she had that advantage again.

This was a bit difficult for him. Demons and ancient beings. Stuff like that he would have dismissed a while ago. He still firmly believed if there are ancients like that, they are just humans who came in contact with the meteor centuries ago. But that's not what bothered him. Daedelus was all over the world. Just way more concentrated here since the majority of the meta's live here. Valhalla was his jurisdiction. Same went for Trinity. They held no authority what so ever if they were going to do what Trinity suggested. If they were going to do that, it would only increase the heat from the government. Hell from the world even. Meta's running across the globe doing whatever they want. s**t.

"s**t, I was hoping she'd still be in town." Theo said as he started to walk around. He did that nowadays. It helped him think." I know Heather is important especially considering who her father is. Which is Charles Ray by the way. I only found out about it a while ago. Normally I'd be right behind you but I got more important things to think about. Like the implications of Meta's running across the globe doing whatever they want. Even more so if they are tied to Valhalla. Freya isn't so she's in the clear. Her clan has nothing to do with us." He sat down, hands in his hair out of frustration. Trinity wasn't going to like this. Hell...she'd most likely quit her job, steal a ride and go anyway.

"I know where I am going with this don't you? If it's just traveling through the shadows I can't stop you but I can't let you go. This is way out of your...no..our jurisdiction. Charles Ray is coming soon. He has the resources. He will most likely agree to whatever you want to help get his daughter back. It would leave Valhalla in the clear. I'm sorry but I have to think of all the implications here."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:27 am
Nova Blancke
"We are one, complete. But only in our minds. Reality was a constant reminder that we weren't.So we were satisfied and yet at the same time...displeased. So we stuck together as it was the closest we could be to being one. Now we can still feel each other but we don't need to be together. We are both individuals as opposed to before when together we were one individual." Alexavier explained.

"I was usually in charge. But when something unsettled me, she became active and in charge. While my personality kind of got buried for a while."

Damien listened with great interest. The question of what it was like to be one being in two bodies intrigued him. Especially since he could feel his other self to a minimal degree.

"Did you feel the being that came out of the big egg last month? I think it was like me, an aspect of the creature called Legion. I can feel it, but it isn't like you described. I'm not quite sure how to put it."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 am
Kerana

Kerana felt relieved when Alec reassured that he was okay. "We were just visiting her just now, to cheer her up. Even brought her some cookies as well. Glad to say she was feeling much better despite the circumstance."

Alec was pleased to hear that. He had been working hard to get his power under control over the last month. There were still momentary glimpses, but nothing as intense as the first day he emerged from the cocoon.

The only problem he had was when he touched someone new. He likened it to the guy from "The Dead Zone." It forces him to see into their immediate future for the next 24 hours. It was troublesome, especially since the touch visions were much more precise. It meant that a lot of people didn't like to come near him. Which was okay with him. People tended to avoid him before he was consumed anyway.

"That's good. I hope everything turns out okay."

"By the way, that weird kid came to visit me. I think his name was Damien. Have you guys met him?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 pm
Nova Blancke
…

"s**t, I was hoping she'd still be in town." Theo said as he started to walk around. He did that nowadays. It helped him think."I know Heather is important especially considering who her father is. Which is Charles Ray by the way. I only found out about it a while ago. Normally I'd be right behind you but I got more important things to think about. Like the implications of Meta's running across the globe doing whatever they want. Even more so if they are tied to Valhalla. Freya isn't so she's in the clear. Her clan has nothing to do with us." He sat down, hands in his hair out of frustration. Trinity wasn't going to like this. Hell...she'd most likely quit her job, steal a ride and go anyway.

"I know where I am going with this, don't you? If it's just traveling through the shadows I can't stop you but I can't let you go. This is way out of your...no..our jurisdiction. Charles Ray is coming soon. He has the resources. He will most likely agree to whatever you want to help get his daughter back. It would leave Valhalla in the clear. I'm sorry but I have to think of all the implications here."

Theonis was right, Trinity didn't like this one bit. She dented the metal wall next to her with her fist. CLANG! "No! That's not acceptable! We can't sit here and waist time on being politically correct or talking to a man we can't trust. I did tell you what the man did to Gidget. How do we know he isn't making s**t up just to get back in to Valhalla?!"

"May I add that this is the Bermuda Triangle, as far as I know it's in international waters and that island floating above it, is a secret the rest of the world is not aware of therefor I don't think jurisdiction has any weight there."

"Every minute we delay Dusk is getting closer to his destination and Heather is closer to her next victim! This time under Dusk's influence."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:06 pm
Theonis remained calm at her outburst. He had to. He was the head of Valhalla. He was in charge.He just hoped that Trinity wouldn't take it personal. Keeping work and private separated had been going well so far.

"Heather...or Helena Ray as she is really called, confirmed it. That's why I wanted to talk to her in private. Gidget here also told me all about Charles and what he did in the past. That's also why I wasn't going to let him anywhere near anyone here. But she has agreed to meeting him. And I am not going to keep a father from his child out of spite.. Especially if it's him. "

"I chose to let them meet. You two have bad history with him. I don't. I listened to Gidget and made the call. He would owe us." Theonis replied with a sigh before visually brightening up. Actually standing up with his usual smirk.

"And I just solved all of our problems. Ask Liv. She can be there in a flash. Shadows might not reach that place, correct me on that if I am wrong. Light however.....should be able to. No airplane, no ship, no violations or implications what so ever. "He clapped his hands together." So, that's out of the way for now. Why do you need a meteor shard?"

"Everything with some psychic abilities felt that thing come out of it's closet. It's like a nagging in the back of your head. That thing was Legion's last little stab in the back. It's last trick. That being was supposed to be me and Cassandra together. I think you were Shane's second chance. His way of redeeming himself. After all, you are his spitting image. I don't think he intended for you to come out the way you did. You must have been tangled up in Legion's little scheme. Like a constant reminder that you or rather...Shane didn't kill him."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:30 pm
Trinity wasn't taking this personal, but she has always been passionate about her job and right now she needed to give Heather (Helena, as the case may be), her best chance she could find.

She calmed down a little listening to Theonis. She nodded in agreement as Theonis pointed out he had looked into it before making his decision. Though she never met the man Charles Ray, only heard of the terrible things that transpired before she met Gidget. She still felt uncertain of the man but she felt that Theonis has a good handle on this.

Then he brought up Liv. Another opportunity where jealousy could take over but she reminded herself that Theonis was finding a solution, and it was a good one. She thought about it as he brought it up, then grinned, "Now that works. As for the meteor shard. Freya is now unable to manipulate shadow since the demon or, should I say, ancient shadow being was the source of it. She wants to take this opportunity to 'meta up' as she put it, now that she doesn't have to worry about a seal. I've warned her about how we're not sure what it would do to her, and she is well aware of that."

"Also, she needs to go with Liv and I. She is our bridge to her clan, and hopefully will prevent the clan from attacking us. That being said, she will be defenseless without switching over to Okami against Dusk, who is also an ancient shadow being."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:46 am
Nova Blancke

"Everything with some psychic abilities felt that thing come out of it's closet. It's like a nagging in the back of your head. That thing was Legion's last little stab in the back. It's last trick. That being was supposed to be me and Cassandra together. I think you were Shane's second chance. His way of redeeming himself. After all, you are his spitting image. I don't think he intended for you to come out the way you did. You must have been tangled up in Legion's little scheme. Like a constant reminder that you or rather...Shane didn't kill him."

The name of that man again. Shane. It was like a third eye growing out of his forehead. It made everyone look at him strangely. The woman called Gidget was different. It was a mix of great sadness and anger.

"Maybe we could kill it. The three of us, I mean. Would that end the nagging?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:04 am
Gidget was still waiting for Ako's response when Trinity and Theonis popped into her lab and starting saying a lot of things very quickly before Gidget could even start to process what just happened. She had just gotten used to Trinity not popping in and out of shadows, and now the dream was crushed.

Well, good for her at least.

"I have several fragments here in the lab. I was using them to see if they produced any sort of energy outside of the power giving radiation. It ended up being a bust. They're in that secured lead locker in the corner"

"But Trinity, are you sure about just going with three of you. If this Dusk guy is as dangerous as I think you're saying, shouldn't you bring more back up?"

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games