Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm
Gidget stayed silent while the creature enjoyed it's little speech. Her suit calculated the trajectory needed to pierce Theonis' pressure bubble and showed her the target point. Utilizing her neural interface, her arm went right where it needed to go and fired the biodisruptor.

The dart came within an inch of Shane's forehead then stopped. He eyed it curiously as it came apart into every individual component. He looked at the floating blob of chemicals and mutter, "Interesting. I bio-disruption agent made from the gas you used to keep us pacified. Futile."

The blob began to break apart and dissolve into individual molecular components. Soon it was harmless bits of atomic matter.

Inside the suit Gidget turned pail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry looked to where Liv was looking and saw the monster on the television. He slowly pointed to it and asked, "Monster?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm
Ako's fists clenched, as he saw the monstrosity demonstrate it's power. He had to focus on his anger to keep from thinking about the disgusting matter around him. He had to keep his mind off of his fear, as well. As the walls moved, he realized that they could come in and crush them all easily. As the voice echoed in his head, he found himself agreeing with it. This was a futile effort.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm
Deora was annoyed that Liv had let the man go. She didn't even get to punch his stupid face once! She crossed her arms to keep from punching the nearest person to alleviate a bit of her anger, though Larry probably wouldn't have cared. "There weren't any of me on there, were there?" She asked as she looked towards the TV.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 am
"There weren't any naked pictures honey. Though mine came close." Liv replied as she watched the screen. What Larry said before, she really hoped he was wrong. " I certainly hope not Larry."

Aha....this is bad, isn't it? Theonis noticed the walls coming closer. He knew he wasn't claustrophobic so it wasn't in his mind. Slowly he placed one hand on the katana's handle. There is no way that thing could defend itself against something that he could not see coming right? But should he really take the risk?

This was a very foreign place for Alexavier despite the returning memories. His power was slowly returning but at the same time fading away. It was frustrating. He had regain everything. Wake himself up. But how can you make an autistic person realize that his current reality is a fake? They already live in a different one! For now he just needed to get close to him. Alexavier stashed away the flamethrower on his back. When he gazed down on the man and his puzzlebook he saw something that pleased him. Maybe it was easier to get himself out. A faint memory told him that he had never managed to solve that current puzzle. Maybe if he did that then it would be over.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 am
Annie looked around her and pinched the bridge of her nose as a headache began as she and the others pressed forward into the heart into Legion and it spoke to them. Legion was right, at least about her, she couldn't win against something like this. She didn't have the strength. A dark thought crossed her mind where she considered the fact that Christian could possibly, when she dismissed it.

Annie began to laugh at the thought of her own 'vain suicide' as she noticed Theonis seemed to have a plan, so she decided to talk as a distraction if all else failed, "You share a link to Shane, right? You should know the idea of my own death amuses me. I have two concerns: my son whom I love and also hate and Shane. I've already lost Shane and Shane was my primary concern. What does anything else matter? My whole life has been a failure why not let my death be one too, right? It is fitting, yes?"

As she spoke she narrowed her eyes and glanced at the pulsating walls and willed Theonis to act. Like always, she was relying on others to save the day and was only back-up, but that was her fate, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:43 am
Rikki Tikki Travi

Outside the biomass had lost all patience with the shadow creature and began to thrash about like a nightmarish anemone. It couldn't hear the cries of the small girl below, and it didn't care about her torment. It did realize that the people fighting it weren't falling to the psychic waves it was throwing out.

More beasts poured out of the biomass, essentially tripling the amount that was present. They ran in all directions, seeking out the source of the shadow.

On impact the Shadow Colossus felt it like thousands of little needles stinging. As the pain subsided a little the creature saw that Legion was sending out scouts out perhaps to search for her. The creature's eyes looked down and saw something, or more like someone out of place. What the hell is Kerana doing?!? She's going to get herself killed!

At that moment she found herself unable to maintain her concentration. The Shadow Colossus started flickering. I guess now is a good time as any. She let go and her body collapsed. She turned her body facing up and tried to reach for the serum but lost consciousness before she could reach it.

As her hand fell another hand pulled out the serum, and injected her heart with it. She had her spasms then opened her eyes seeing the leader of the telepaths had taken action. She had warned her of what may happen just in case and what to do if this happened. She got on her feet surrounded by purple mist and her eyes continuously glowing. "Thank you." She turned to the others, " Now onto phase 2." she dropped down through her shadow and emerged at the edge. She sent as many solders as she could see to the healing ward. It was a little discouraging seeing who was left.

The best bet at this rate is if they were not seen. How was that going to happen? Then it occurred to her she ordered the telepaths that they hide the solders make the other side think they were not there. They set their blind spots on the soldiers that were out there. This may buy some time for the other solders to recover and for the grand finally. She dropped into her shadow and emerged from Kerana's shadow finding her covering her ears and calling out for Alec. She surrounded themselves with a dome which happened to include Heather they sank the noise stopped all there was was silence. "What do you think you're doing!? You're causing more harm than good right now! Do I need to lock you up or are you going to stay put in Valhalla?"  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm
Theonis grip on his katana tightened but he made no move. What could he do? There was nothing he could do! If he tried to attack Shane then it might work if Gidget attacked at the same time but would that even stop him? This entire place is controlled by him. What if he unnecessarily provokes him and he decides to crush them? Sure the walls came closer with every second but was this really the time to act on his own? Then like a needle drilling his brain the headache got worse. He frowned and gritted his teeth. It was the combined effort of the creature's psychic waves and his own power. Then he saw Annie basically nudging him to do something. He didn't have a plan or anything, why would she assume he had?!

Alexavier sat down next to the man. Even when he did that, the man didn't seem to notice him at all. He was just scribbling around the puzzle. If there was any frustration due to not being able to solve the puzzle he didn't show it. It was most likely he didn't felt any. Slowly Alexavier reached out and grabbed hold of the man's hand. The man cocked his head in question and frowned but continued to watch what Alexavier would do. Guiding his hand Alexavier wrote the first letter on the puzzle.

A loud crack appeared in the sky.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm
Shane stared at Annie. "Your constant reliance on provoking a response from your adversary is beyond tiresome. No more words, only our enjoyment as we witness your despair."

His eyes shifted over to Gidget and shone for just a second.

The components making up Gidget's helmet came apart and hovered around her for a moment before disintegrating. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she grabbed her head and shrieked. Without her helmet she was open to the psionic storm around them.

Shane's mouth curved into a sadistic grin. Then what seemed to be the sound of static cracked through the chamber for a split second. The grin was gone and he appeared confused.

Outside the creature seized for that split second, and the ground forces became aloof.

"What?!" It asked no one in particular.

The immense pain Gidget was experiencing subsided to a sharp ache. She, opened one eye and stared at Legion with shock and curiosity.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:11 pm
Theonis had drawn his sword and was about to attack when that static surged through the room. Gidget's scream stopped thanks to that. And from the looks of it...Legion had just as much of an idea what was going on.

Alexavier felt more of his power surging through him. It still left him but not completely. Yes...more...more! He moved the man's hand to write two more letters. Multiple huge cracks appeared as loud as thunder. Power...more power. His power was returning .Along with that came a certain awareness. An awareness of himself. Of his real body. He felt connected again while still remaining in the dream. His anger began to bubble up. How dare Legion use his body for his own? How dare he steal her away from him.

His body spoke. Or to be more accurate shouted in a rage." Legion!! I told you I would tear this place apart! You will not keep her from me any longer!"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:29 am
"Yeah, well I always did talk too much," Annie snapped, focusing on the appearance of Shane in front of her- every molecule of liquid in the body she began to convert to acid, "but don't flatter yourself..." she continued, sweat beading on her forehead, "it isn't because I like to provoke my adversaries: it is just because I like to talk too much."

She fell to her knees after such a focused attack and took a deep breath, another move like that and she'd be coughing blood, and one more move after that she would probably be dead she realized. Maybe the apparent pause bought her some time or Gidget or someone time... She glanced at the others worried. They were going to fail at this rate: Legion was right.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:28 pm
PixelMuse
This may buy some time for the other solders to recover and for the grand finally. She dropped into her shadow and emerged from Kerana's shadow finding her covering her ears and calling out for Alec. She surrounded themselves with a dome which happened to include Heather they sank the noise stopped all there was was silence. "What do you think you're doing!? You're causing more harm than good right now! Do I need to lock you up or are you going to stay put in Valhalla?"

Kerana was on her knees sitting there taking Trinity's words in. Tears fell from the fox girl's eyes her hands tightened into little fists. "I'm...I'm so sorry... I was trying to help.... Trying to help by taking responsibility for my own action. It was my fault... I couldn't stop them... I tried to but instead they persuaded me to help them. I'm the only one here that help let this monstrosity out.... I feel that I have some responsibility to help destroy it I-" her eyes widen as she felt Trinity's hand on her shoulder.

"Kerana, this isn't your doing. This isn't your fault. Although I may say it you may feel differently because you were there and couldn't do anything about it.

A destructive evil came 13 years ago and I couldn't stop it.... Cortes... also known as Leviathan struck here. I did all I could to prepare for this fight yet I still fell and rubble fell on me breaking my leg among other injuries. I had to watch Gidget die because of it and there was nothing I could do to stop it. In the end we don't know what happened to him after that.

Yet although this tragedy occurred some good came of it. I studied and trained hard in case he ever returned. Because of this I'm stronger and more prepared to take on anything.

Please Kerana if anything you can take away from this is to learn from your mistakes and prepare yourself. Right now you can't defend yourself... how will you be able to help the others? My troops and I have trained for these situations we are used to handling them no matter the odds. This is our burden now, no longer yours, no one blames you for this and neither should you. Please give this some thought and stay put. If anything I'm sure there may be some new metas wondering where they'll stay and they will need someone to show them the ropes. Could you do that for me?"

Kerana thought about it and nodded quietly. Then she realized, "Y'know I promised Heather and Larry that I'd show them where their rooms are." she started getting excited, she remembered the first time she came to Valhalla. " I can't let them down and I won't let you down Trinity!" she got up and saluted. "You can count on me!"

"That's the fox girl I know..." she hugged her tight.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:06 pm
Heather shuffled around in the dark, using her senses of smell and taste to find Trinity and Kerana.

"Ummm...I hate to break this up, but my animal instincts are telling me to get out of here very quickly. Something awful is about to happen."

The man in the mask raised his hands as the small machines sprinkled unseen darkness across the battlefield. The nightmare man didn't care who was in the crossfire. He could feel the plethora of minds within the writhing creature. Each mind had it's own fears.

"Here it comes...it will be glorious."

The visage of Shane did in fact melt, The bubbling acid bore a hole straight through the chamber's ground. Pieces of biomass bubbled and detached as the creature purged corrupted flesh.

Almost immediately, and in a manner that would suggest arrogance, the far back wall shifted and changed into another Shane pillar.

The biomass around Alexavier began to constrict and siphon the man's brain again. "Try as you might, as long as we have control we are unstop...stop...stOP! STOP! NO!"

Shane's face pulled into a grotesque howl of absolute terror. The walls writhed and shifted into hundreds of faces, all of them mewling with horror. The many minds within Legion were being affected by something outside. It didn't take long for things to start crawling out of the gaping mouths of the many. Spiders, snakes, pieces of shadow, water, blood, and many other odd random things.

Gidget tried to raise her arm to take another shot. She didn't know what was causing this reaction, but she wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to take another shot.

Her chance was moot when she realized that without the helmet and visor that she didn't have the necessary electronics to move. She spun her head around to Ako and shouted, "I need a jump!"

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Heather shuffled around in the dark, using her senses of smell and taste to find Trinity and Kerana.

"Ummm...I hate to break this up, but my animal instincts are telling me to get out of here very quickly. Something awful is about to happen."

Trinity looked over to Heather, it seemed to be unexpected but she was glad she wasn't on the battlefield. She knew not to question such instincts. "Alright hold on I'll drop you guys off in Vallhalla." She took Kerana's and Heather's hands. They emerge in the lobby which wasn't far from where they were earlier.

Trinity let go of their hands once they were on the surface and dropped through her shadow. She emerged from the roof to see what she missed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:56 am
Alexavier felt the struggle over his body. But that wasn't the only thing he felt. He felt something else. Penetrating straight into the many minds. Whoever it was it used the struggle between Alexavier and Legion to do it. The distorted sound of Legions voice come through the cracks. Time to finish this. Alexavier wrote down the final two letters. The sky tore apart and everything seemed to be sucked into Alexavier. The first thing that he absorbed was the man next to him. Then the grass, the animals, the mills, the sky, everything. First thing he did with his full power restored was to wake up Cassandra. No more strength for Legion

Her eyes snapped open with a gasp as if it she was without air for a long time.

Good, now for the Prime Mind. Shane. Alexavier thought as he proceeded to wake Shane up. After that he would destroy the halls of doors. No more order for Legion.

This was straight out of some horror movie. Faces on the walls that were spewing out all sorts of things. Disgusting. There had to be some kind of internal struggle. Theonis was glad Gidget decided to act on that. It was hard for him to keep up his power. His headache was still going strong but slowly he felt something dripping from his nose. It was blood. Fatigue started to slip in. He was forcing himself to keep up the bubble at full strength but he could feel it slipping.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm
Ako was tortured as the biomass removed Gidget's helmet, exposing her to the psionic waves around them. He wanted to protect her, but couldn't. he wanted to jump out of the bubble and attack the thing head-on, but that would be suicide. The constant drone of the psionic attack distracted him, keeping him from thinking clearly. Even after the wash of static cleared the air, he couldn't get himself to think straight. It wasn't until Gidget called to him that his mind finally cleared. He saw standing before him, her hair falling over her shoulder, her suit making her look like a warrior from the future. He saw the nightmare things crawling out of the walls around them, but all he could focus on was Gidget. He nodded to her request, the charge around his arms growing again. "Tell me where."  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games